Weekly chat thread January 31st-Feb 6th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Checking in again. I had some good strong contractions again yesterday-- every few minutes for hours. Again. All that stuff that, for other women, apparently means they are going into labor? Yeah, apparently it doesn't mean anything when it's me. At least I know that by now-- my first pregnancy was such an emotional rollercoaster because I thought I was going into labor every few days for five weeks!

Looking forward to reading more birth announcements, from DiD and from others, too, I'm sure . . .

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Rabbit Dancer- I guess your friend is Mindy. I am in Provo as well and she is also a friend of mine. I too will tell people about her birth whenever people tell me they "have" to be induced for a possible big baby or have c-sections. I am pretty impressed as well. - Sarah

SAHM to my beautiful girl(9/06) and boy(3/09).
#63 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmama View Post
Everytime I get excited that BH/ctx might stay and get stronger,etc...they stop. Had a little bit of pinkish mucus on tp after using bathroom (TMI, I guess) just recently. No point getting excited, right?
Pink show is a really good sign. You're at least dialating. I bet you'll have a very fast labor since all the work is being basicly done before you actually go into real labor. That's how I labor too and I have really fast labors. Last time, I had no/ little pain until 8cm when I agreed to have my waters broken. We were all sleepy and ready to be done...then the pain began.

Do you know how to check yourself? Can you feel your cervix?

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#64 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM

Can I join in here? I will be a Feb mama again afterall. Never thought I'd still be pregnant right now, I was due Jan 24th. My first dd will be 4 in 9 days. Wonder who's bday will come first, new baby's or dd's? I am 41w2d today.
#65 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 PM

Welcome, andbabymakes4! My first son was born 41 weeks, 6 days and my second son was born at 41 weeks exactly. I bet you'll give birth within the next couple days! February is a great month for a baby!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#66 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM

Welcome, andbabymakes4. The more the merrier.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#67 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 PM

Thank you! This is such new territory for me, my dd was born at 37 weeks exactly!
#68 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:12 PM

what are the risks of going past 42wks? are there any? ds was born at 41wks 3d but was by natural induction and emerg c-section. My mw offered to strip my membranes 2morrow and I am considering it. I didn't dilate effectively last time (only made it to 2cm in 11hrs of hard active labour). I'm worried about pushing nature again though and ending up with another c-section. Any thoughts, ideas, I am really conflicted. After 42 weeks I think I lose my hb option at which point I think I would just refuse to transfer if there are no real risks of going past 42wks.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#69 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Just dropping in, checking to see if any new babies have been born yet. It's so exciting! It doesn't seem long ago and we were all newly pregnant and now it's coming to an end.

DH and I were discussing packing the hospital bag. I'm such a procrastinator. Knowing me, I will be well into labor before it actually gets packed. I just don't really know what all we will need... Most comfy clothes possible for me, a couple of outfits for the baby, toiletries, birth ball... Not really sure what else. As long as I have the things I need for while I'm in labor (which God-willing will be at home for as long as possible), I'm not too worried about the necesseties beyond that. Lots of family members to bring me things from home if I forget. I really do need to finish up my diaper stash though. I have another dozen prefolds I need to prep and am hoping to get another dozen purchased before she arrives, as well as one or two more covers. I'm great about leaving all this until the last minute. I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday and really don't foresee having this LO early. There has been absolutely no major activity so far. A few crampy contractions here and there but not even enough to start timing them. They only last about 20 seconds, so I know they're not really accomplishing anything.

I did finally talk my husband into taking me out for Valentine's Day. This is his least favorite 'holiday' and we normally just get some Chinese delivery and rent a movie for the occasion. His cousin plays in a Beatles tribute band and they are performing the "Love" album on Valentine's Day in a nearby town. He had originally said he refused to go because it's at a bar and he can't be drinking that close to my due date. Which is true, but I am fully capable of going to a bar and enjoying a show without alcohol, I think he can too. Plus, I told him I can stand near the bass and maybe the vibrations will send me into labor. Haha.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#70 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 PM

: Still here. Waiting for DID's update.
#71 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM

As long as your baby is well-nourished there are no automatic dangers to going past 42 weeks. The only dangers I know of come when the mother is not eating well or there is an unknown underlying health problem which is causing the bbay to not be nourished properly. Tests can be done, if desired, to determine if baby is still thriving in there. In fact, the whole 40-weeks thing is so arbitrary, up to 43 weeks is a very normal gestation time. The average natural gestation time of a first time mom is actually 41 weeks, 3 days, and for subsequent pregnancies, 40 weeks 3 days. And that is including preemies, so you can see that going to 42 or 43 weeks would be very much within a normal range.

~~~~~~

I am starting to retain water. :z I had to remove my rings before it was too late-- and it was difficult and painful. I used lots of oil. I miss wearing them.

My ankles are pretty swollen, too. Blah.

I am so ready to have this baby!!!! Well, I say that, but honestly, I don't think I am ready yet. I am guessing I have another week and a half . . .

#72 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Anyone else getting super emotional waiting for baby to show ?
#73 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:55 PM
k13

All I know is when I've been around friends' babies lately it's all I can do to keep my hands off them... I'm just entranced.

Just wanted to chime in that with my first pregnancy I had some mild Braxton HIcks but really didn't feel anything differently until I woke up with crampy-contrax. I thought that was prelabor and would probably come and go for a while, little did I know 24 hours labor I'd have my baby. I was in denial for half the labor! I was only 36 weeks.

Second time I had PROM at 37 weeks and ended up starting labor with castor oil, and there was no doubt about it when it started

I've definitely got the slow gearing up type symptoms this time, but I try not to get too excited about them. They are really random and just crampiness and some backache and loose stools but that's about it. I'm so curious to see how labor will go this time! I'm at 40 weeks on Friday! I was so sure I'd go early again.

Still down with the miserable cold - but the neti pot has given me a lot of relief as far as being able to breathe goes.
#74 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opera mom View Post
Rabbit Dancer- I guess your friend is Mindy. I am in Provo as well and she is also a friend of mine. I too will tell people about her birth whenever people tell me they "have" to be induced for a possible big baby or have c-sections. I am pretty impressed as well. - Sarah
YES, it is! Oh, how funny -- small world! She doesn't post here, does she?
#75 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne View Post
yes. I am very weepy every day.
#76 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne View Post
super weepy here
#77 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 04:56 PM

I'm getting so excited about all of the babies arriving!

andbabymakes4, welcome!

This thread is moving so fast now I can't keep up! And my internet is crappy, so I can usually read but not always post....

Not much going on with me. The girls at work had a shower for me on Saturday, which got me moving on lots of housecleaning and baby prep. I was supposed to have my midwife appt. today but had to cancel because I couldn't get out of work, so I'm going to see her on Wednesday instead and am really really hoping something will have progressed by then. I'm not really sure what is up with my body right now. I feel like I'm PMS-ing...if I weren't pregnant I would swear that my period is about to start. Grumpy, not hungry then hungry at weird times, bloated, super crampy down low, and just all around achy. Who knows? My official due date isn't till the 12th, but I would be super happy to have this baby any time now.

Towards that end, this is my last week of work. I'm working half days and then I'm going to stay home and wait on Baby.

Anyone know, as far as the period-like cramps go, does that mean anything? I just have no experience in this....

#78 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post
Anyone know, as far as the period-like cramps go, does that mean anything? I just have no experience in this....
Not necessarily.

It could, or not. I am due about the 13th or 15th or so, so we're due about the same time.

~~~~~

Oh yawn. I am SO BORED today. It's not that there isn't anything to do . . . it's just that I'm too tired to do anything. If it weren't for these two cute boys I have to watch and care for, Oh I would SO BE NAPPING right now!!!! Oh that sounds so good I could cry. Oh well . . . . so instead I sit here mindlessly in front of the computer, wasting time, trying not to snack just out of boredom, trying to stay somewhat tuned-in to my kids and not space out too much . . .

#79 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Heinz (and others wondering if they should feel different): I was wondering the same. I thought for sure I would go late bc I didn't feel different. I had Makenna 2 weeks early and had no idea was about to go into labor until the bloody show started (pink on the tp - which progressed to blood over a few hours). I also noticed my menstrual cramp feeling was starting and stopping every 4 minutes around that time...wasn't even sure those were contractions though until they started getting more intense.

Hurry up and have those babies mommas so we can start talking postpartum issues! :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#80 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM

Got all 3 of my boys to sleep (2 kids and a husband) and I'm enjoying a Milky Way.

I'm all about the postpartum issues, Vegan Princess. I cried because the Cardinals lost yesterday and I hate football.
#81 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney View Post
Got all 3 of my boys to sleep (2 kids and a husband) and I'm enjoying a Milky Way.
: Yay!!! Get some good rest.

And don't mind us pregnant folk, go ahead and talk postpartum stuff!

#82 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, Vegan Princess. Still nothing happening here but I'm trying to stay prepared -- whatever that means. What's even weirder is that I've never had menstrual cramps before (I know, I know -- everyone can roll their eyes) so the whole contractions sensation is even more foreign to me.

Oh well, as I wait for this adventure to begin, it's great reading the updates and births on the forum -- just don't everyone go too fast now!
#83 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post

Oh yawn. I am SO BORED today. It's not that there isn't anything to do . . . it's just that I'm too tired to do anything. If it weren't for these two cute boys I have to watch and care for, Oh I would SO BE NAPPING right now!!!! Oh that sounds so good I could cry. Oh well . . . . so instead I sit here mindlessly in front of the computer, wasting time, trying not to snack just out of boredom, trying to stay somewhat tuned-in to my kids and not space out too much . . .

Me too. Food Network in the background. Sleeping 2 year old next to me.
#84 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 06:41 PM

yes please talk pp issues.
#85 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM

You guys are so busy on this thread already this month! Now that I caught up reading I forgot what I was going to say! LOL

Wonder how DID is doing? I hope we hear something soon!

I had a MW appt today and everything is still looking good. This baby gets the hiccups everytime we are there it seems. It's so cute! I almost caved and asked for a VE but I already pretty much know what the results of it would have been so I didn't do it. My DD2 was born at 38w5d and that is what I am at today so I am feeling a bit antsy.

So for those who are having a homebirth I have a question. Did you pack a "just in case" hospital bag? I can't decide if I should do it or not. I kinda have that Murphy's Law thing going on in my head. If I pack it I won't need it but if I don't then I will need one. What have any of you done?
#86 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayTaysMama View Post
So for those who are having a homebirth I have a question. Did you pack a "just in case" hospital bag? I can't decide if I should do it or not. I kinda have that Murphy's Law thing going on in my head. If I pack it I won't need it but if I don't then I will need one. What have any of you done?
The midwives' paper said we should but we didn't. Last time we transferred it wasn't a big deal because we are 5 minutes from the hospital. If I were to keep a bag packed, I would need to go out and buy an extra of everything-- pajamas, socks, toiletries, etc-- because I only have enough for me to use, not enough to put them aside and not miss them for two weeks. So that realy doesn't make sense to me. And besides, like I said, we did the transferring thing before, and they had pretty much everything we needed at the hospital. DH just ran back and got a few things later once I was all settled in after the birth.

#87 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM

My MW actually recommends NOT packing a hospital bag, but we are in a town with a decent hospital about 5 minutes away. For her ladies that are further out of town, I think she suggests differently. So we've never packed a bag. I think her reason for suggesting you don't pack a bag is that if you are all ready to go to the hospital, it is a lot easier for you to WANT to go for non-medical reasons. It isn't the end of the world if you want to go, but she knows the easier you make it, the more likely you will be to go.

---

I'm super bored and getting depressed. Not due for 10 more days, but I'm well past when my other babes were born so I feel late. And this pre-labor is beyond ticking me off. I need someone to entertain me 24-7 until the baby is here. Geez, even thinking that makes me feel ridiculous.

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
#88 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly mama View Post
I'm super bored and getting depressed. Not due for 10 more days, but I'm well past when my other babes were born so I feel late. And this pre-labor is beyond ticking me off. I need someone to entertain me 24-7 until the baby is here. Geez, even thinking that makes me feel ridiculous.
I know what you mean. I'm right there except, not depressed and my other babies did go late, too-- but still-- I feel so impatient now. And so bored I could SCREAM! Ahhhhhhhh!

I do feel bad that my kids have been watching TV or movies ALL DAY-- no really, almost all day long-- but that's just where I'm at right now.

#89 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 08:10 PM

Wow this thread is busy today! Definitely evidence that we are all antsy and ready to meet our little babes!
I have been in much better spirits today. I really hope baby comes soon, but there is just no telling!
I had some bloody show and loose bowels today. Both good signs. But no contractions really. I have had some strange low cramping, but not contractions.

We shall see!
#90 of 252 Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Yep. Bored. Sick with a cold and stuffed up sinuses, everything is done. I just went to the kitchen and the entire house is a disaster again, and I can't even begin to care. I just want to take a really long, really warm steamy bath all by myself (impossible- the two year old will stand there and scream if I try) and then a nap, ALL BY MYSELF (again, impossible- I haven't slept without elbows and feet jabbing into me and lounging over me in YEARS). Can I accept my Mom taking the boys to COstco and the car wash as school time? Isn't it educational, trying out samples of weird packaged food? Like uni-cultural studies or something? And maybe watching cable all day can be a 3rd grade media studies class this week? Ugh. No energy, no enthusiasm. I wish I had no cramps and no boogers today.Ugh.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page