Weekly chat thread January 31st-Feb 6th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoohooo DID! Welcome little sweet boy! Can't wait to hear your story!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 PM

I feel like baby is wayyyy down in my pelvis.... like between my legs. I'm waddling everywhere. However, I still can't breathe and feel like she's also up in my lungs. Could she just be bigger? My MW hasn't made an guess-timation as far as size... I think I'll ask her at my appt on Thursday.
37 weeks tomorrow! I will officially be considered full term. Woo Hoo! I really want this baby to come out, but I know it's not time. I need to get another dozen diapers. I need to get some Snappis. I need to get some heavy duty overnight pads for PP. I also need to get some Tucks pads. I'd like to get one or two more covers, but can make do with what I have at least for the first couple of weeks. I can't make any of these purchases until I get paid next week, so she needs to stay in at least until Valentine's Day. I also need to get ahead a little more with my classes. I don't have a whole lot I need to do to feel prepared as far as school goes... it's just a matter of sitting down and putting together a few things. I have about 4 papers I need to write and a project that is almost complete but needs to be organized.

The fact that I still have all these things I need to get and do is making it a little easier to wait for her... but not much. I really want to hold her.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#123 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Is anyone else just in a DON'T TOUCH ME type mood? I feel like I'm some weird mother cat needing to hide from the world or something. It's bizarre. I didn't feel like this last pregnancy, but I totally don't want to be around anyone at all.

It's very strange.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#124 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
Is anyone else just in a DON'T TOUCH ME type mood? I feel like I'm some weird mother cat needing to hide from the world or something. It's bizarre. I didn't feel like this last pregnancy, but I totally don't want to be around anyone at all.

It's very strange.
This is me. I would be really happy if everyone would just go away and leave me alone. I have no patience for anyone or anything. I just feel like this...:!
#125 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM

I FINALLY remembered to pick up my final postpartum supply - the one supply that I absolutely MUST have before this baby could come out. Soft toilet paper. The GOOD stuff.

Now, I am ready.

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
#126 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Hey, where are you guys getting these peri bottles? I have NOT been able to find them!!! I remember they were a lifesaver after my last two births but they came with the hospital birth.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#127 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 PM

I'm going mall walking tonight in hope that will move things along. My body feels ready and I really don't want to go to my OB appt Fri, I can't afford it, stupid hospital policies "grumble grumble" . I'm crabby can you tell
#128 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 PM

LionTigerBear Check out Craigslist to see if anyone has any HB supplies. I did and found a lady who had an unopened peri bottle. I wouldn't suggest ordering one online, they are way cheap, but paying for shipping would be unpractical.
#129 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne View Post
LionTigerBear Check out Craigslist to see if anyone has any HB supplies. I did and found a lady who had an unopened peri bottle. I wouldn't suggest ordering one online, they are way cheap, but paying for shipping would be unpractical.
Oh, you know what? I hadn't thought to ask my midwives yet. Pegnancy brain I guess. I bet they can get them easily. Silly me.

Good luck with your mall walk!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#130 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM

I did order mine online but it was along with the rest of my other homebirth supplies. Buying it by itself with shipping would not have been worth it. Do you have a medical supply store near you? We have one where you can get a lot of those kinds of things.

:
#131 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoXane View Post
My baby shower on Sunday was great! ... Anyways I guess people were pretty baffled about my cloth diapering choices and online organic registery. I ended up with a handful of gift cards to Target! I'm going to buy carseats for certain, not sure what else I need.
If it's crunchy stuff you're looking for, did you know that Target now has Bum Genius diapers and Hotslings (also Peanut Shell and maybe some others, too)? Not too long ago they even had this stuff available in the stores, but you might have to go to target.com to get it now. I happened to see a Hotsling (alas, not my size ) on super clearance for $9-something at my local Target the other day!! I see there's a good selection online right now, though not that cheap. Oh! And I also bought (with gift cards from baby gifts) a Moses basket that I just love on target.com during my last pregnancy for $40. There's all kinds of good crunchy baby things on there!

Hope this helps!
#132 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Oh, you know what? I hadn't thought to ask my midwives yet. Pegnancy brain I guess. I bet they can get them easily. Silly me.
Good luck -- my midwife has them available for $2. I was thinking I no longer had mine around from last time and would have to buy another, but I found it under the sink last week and washed it for this go-round. Woo hoo!

If you can't get one through your midwife, you can always just substitute an empty condiment bottle. Same basic idea!
#133 of 252 Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 PM

Like a ketchup squeeze bottle
#134 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 AM

Mmmm, in a few minutes I can satisfy my sugar craving with some homemade thin mint cookies. I'm trying to eat healthy and it helps that I have no money to buy junk food but I do have things like baking cocoa and sugar on hand.

:
#135 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 AM

Hey guys!
Surprised to see so many of you still around with so many pre-labour symptoms, but not surprised to see some of the birth announcements! Exciting times around here- love to see those babies!

I'm also emotional- normally I'm not a 'cry-ey' person, I only cry every several months, but I've been tearing up at totally random things.

I'm 37 weeks now, and at my mw appt yesterday we discovered my baby is anterior now! Yay! I've been spending a lot of time on my hands and knees, etc, and I think the baby turned Sunday night. I feel so much better- all last week I had this killer back ache that made everything so difficult. I had said moving around was difficult, I walked like an elephant. Yesterday and today I've felt great! Normally I do suffer from some backache in pregnancy, but now that I feel good I realize that last week was extreme. I guess it was the posterior presentation!

My friends and family are all starting to make predictions. Both my sisters, and my neice and nephew have all booked to arrive on the 18th, 6 days before my due date. It's getting so exciting!

I also was wondering about packing a hospital bag. I won't be going unless there's an emergency, so what then does one really need in an emergency? My toothbrush? I can't pack that beforehand. Extra clothes? Not that either. I think I'll just leave it.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#136 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 AM

I'm packing one, I've done " Oh crap gotta get to the hospital quick " pack job and it sucked.
#137 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesiLynne View Post
I'm packing one, I've done " Oh crap gotta get to the hospital quick " pack job and it sucked.
so what would you recommend packing? I'm not against one at all, I just can't figure out what I'd want in it.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#138 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
so what would you recommend packing? I'm not against one at all, I just can't figure out what I'd want in it.

I'd suggest just making a list of what you'd pack. You know you likely won't need to transfer, most of what you'd pack is stuff you need daily anyway, and this will provide peace of mind that you won't forget anything should you need to get packed in a hurry.
#139 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I packed awhile ago and have been living out of the bag since I need many of the things in it still. It sucks but I like knowig I won't have to worry about it when the time comes. Of course, I am doing a hospital birth, so I have to have something ready.

I'm feeling yucky tonight so I think I will try to go to bed early. I ate a huge spicy Mexican lunch and drank some RRL tea... maybe tonight will be the night. LOL. I say that every night....

I hope at least one of us goes into labor tonight!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#140 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 02:29 AM
tak

I am so at peace right now. Baby will come when he/she is ready -- after last week it feels great to have this attitude, and it's like it just came to me this morning.
#141 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM

I'm doing a little better today than yesterday. I feel as though I am on an emotional roller coaster. I can't really say I am at peace in the wait for this baby. It's alot of ups and downs waiting and wondering when the time will be. I am so frustrated with my hands that it's extremely difficult to get past it. I hope I go into labor before Friday. We shall see.
#142 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 AM

tak, I feel more at peace today, too. I hope it lasts!

#143 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I wish I felt more at peace, but this morning I am cranky. Another sleepless night. I am so tired... I feel like crying. I'm such a baby!

Dd seems to have woken up cranky too. Great.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#144 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 PM

I woke up in a better mood today (not so much mean mama cat needing to hide under the stairs to have a litter ) but am very tired. My stomach was/is not happy (again) and I slept funky so my shoulders are all achy.

Hopefully today will be the day. It's flurrying outside and just gorgeous. Freezing but gorgeous.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#145 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitDancer View Post
I'd suggest just making a list of what you'd pack. You know you likely won't need to transfer, most of what you'd pack is stuff you need daily anyway, and this will provide peace of mind that you won't forget anything should you need to get packed in a hurry.
:

I'm having a hospital birth, but what I did was just make a list and tape it to the mostly empty bag. My thought is that Huz can use the list to pack it for me...I already interrogated him re. whether he could find the camera charger and red robe on his own. I'm cautiously optimistic.

#146 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 01:31 PM

I'm exhausted. Pooped. And it's making my short-tempered and grumpy. Still having ctx all the time, and it's getting OLD! A couple people have told me not to worry, that each ctx now is one less when in labor. At this point, I should have about 2 real ctxs and the baby will fall out! ugh.

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#147 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkaha View Post
I'm exhausted. Pooped. And it's making my short-tempered and grumpy. Still having ctx all the time, and it's getting OLD! A couple people have told me not to worry, that each ctx now is one less when in labor. At this point, I should have about 2 real ctxs and the baby will fall out! ugh.
People told me this with my first son too, and what a load of rubbish it was!!! Seriously, I had about five weeks of prodromal labor and I kept thinking how I would have this super fast, easy labor due to all that pre-labor work, but then my "real" labor was STILL 31 very intense, very difficult hours! Arrgh!

Sometimes these contractions ARE very useful and get some of the work done ahead of time. However, sometimes they are sign that you are too dehydrated, too stressed, not getting enough rest, or that the baby is not in an optimal position. Not to be a downer, but just to be realistic. But if your baby is in an optimal position and you are taking good care of yourself, then yes, they are probably getting some good work done! That's what I'm hoping for!

#148 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 PM

I'm having some good, strong, and regular contractions today . . . but I am not getting my hopes up. They'll probably go away just like all the others have!
#149 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 02:10 PM

today's the first day in a while that i haven't had contractions....nice break.
#150 of 252 Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Is this a transfer back for just in case.
Shampoo and Conditioner, toothbrush, and toothpaste. Undies, Socks, change of clothes, everything to bring baby home in. Blankets for baby. Pretty much everything you would bring if you were having a hospital birth.

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/laborbirth/a/laborbag.htm

This is a good list IMO.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page