Weekly chat thread January 31st-Feb 6th - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 252 Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oooh, good luck Josie!!!

I'm having fun gettign the house totally ready. I'm even hanging pictures on the walls that I've been meaning to hang since October. And vacuuming and mopping and scrubbing everything . . . which is interesting, since it is still hard to walk with the baby so low . . .

But at least I'll be ready. Even if baby takes another week, all I'll have to do is maintain for the next week.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 252 Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 PM

I did the walking at walmart thing the other day, it was the only thing open at that time.
It just made me tired.
#243 of 252 Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 PM

I guess I'm joining you all in pre-labour land! Last night at 5:30 I woke up (incredulously) to what I thought might have been a small gush of water, and got up to go to the bathroom. It wasn't (just post-sex) but as I lay back down contrax started. 1/2 hr later I got up again to poop and lay back down for another 1/2 hr of contrax. Don't you just love it all? Who gets up to poop in the wee hours of the morning but a pregnant woman?

Today I've been pretty tired, and my Braxton Hicks have been crazy. All day long. I've been resting and hydrating but they've only eased up this evening. I've been making bathroom trips all day too- I guess there's no more room in there!

Josie- I hope this is it! It's so exciting to see us go one by one. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, I still have a good couple weeks to go. It's highly unlikely I'd go early. I just don't work that way.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#244 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 12:26 AM

I'm having BH every evening, blah! Also my 5yo daughter seems to have come down with a sore throat which I hope doesn't become much else. It would not be fun for me to get sick right now.

:
#245 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 12:40 AM

I don't need Wal-Mart. I spend 3 days a week walking across campus about 3 times. It's getting pretty darn miserable. I get the contractions way more when I'm at school. And walking so much makes me need to pee about 3 times as often. And by the time I'm walking across campus the second time, I feel like my legs could give out from underneath me at any moment. I'll stop at a bathroom half way there just so I can sit down for a minute. I fully appreciate the days I have at home!

I got home from school on Wednesday and had what I'm calling my first real, painful contraction. I spent about 7 hours gone at school, went grocery shopping when I got back and came straight home to clean up a dirty kitchen and get started on dinner. In the middle of doing dishes, it took my breath away. All I could do was lean over on the counter and breathe deeply until it went away. That was the only one I got. I took it as my body's way of telling me to go sit down.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#246 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 01:37 AM

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I have been waking up either several times a night, or waking up and just staying awake in bed for the last several days. I don't know if I am better off getting up and doing things and then taking a nap later in the day, or just laying quietly in bed even if I am not sleeping. It's really frustrating, I'm afraid when I eventually do go into labor I will be exhausted.
#247 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 05:32 AM
tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherbirth View Post
Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I have been waking up either several times a night, or waking up and just staying awake in bed for the last several days. I don't know if I am better off getting up and doing things and then taking a nap later in the day, or just laying quietly in bed even if I am not sleeping. It's really frustrating, I'm afraid when I eventually do go into labor I will be exhausted.
I was having this problem and my doctor told me to take a benadryl before bed. It's safe during pregnancy and she said it's important to get enough sleep at the end of the pregnancy. It also helps with the pregnancy stuffed-head thing so many of us suffer from.
#248 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 11:19 AM

I wake up frequently to use the bathroom and/or with contractions but since I started taking the honey at bedtime I have had no trouble falling back asleep. You take two tablespoons of honey immediately before bed, either one a spoon or in a tea, and it helps you sleep well at night. I love it. I mix it into my magnesium supplement "tea" thing.

I guess I kind of overdid it yesterday with my crazy scrubbign and reorganizing everything. I was SO sore last night, every time I tried ot get up to go to the bathroom I could barely walk-- literally-- each step was SO painful. This morning first thing I took a HOT shower and stretched it out under the hot water and that made it bearable again. Then I went to the chiropractor and got adjusted and now I feel MUCH better. Ahhhh!

Now DH has gone to IKEA to get our stuff so we are just going to wait for him and hope I don't go into labor while he's stuck more than an hour away. Actually I would be fine going into labor without him.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#249 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
OH YEAH. : This is me nearly every night/morning between 4:00 and 5:00. BLAH! I usually get up and putz around on the computer and have a snack once it's obvious that I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon. Then after my two older kids are off to school at 8:00 I'm often able to take a nap, depending on when my toddler wakes up.
#250 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Sleeping ~ It varies night to night. 4 nights ago was awful. I had to pee every 2 hours and my hips hurt and my mind just kept going. Then 3 nights and 2 nights ago, I slept pretty good. Last night was another bad one. I laid there for an hour around 3am thinking of middle names....

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#251 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Me, me! I hate sleeping! Well, I hate nights, sleeping I love. Everything and anything keeps me up, I'm uncomfortable, I have to pee, it's too bright, it's too hot, I can't settle, dh moves or breathes, I hear the cat or the dog, my rls is bugging me, I have a painful (many) braxton Hicks....it goes on and on and on!
I've found if I can't get to sleep after 1/2 to and hour, I need to get up for a bit. I don't, always though. Who wants to get out of bed!?

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#252 of 252 Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 PM

Oh yeah. I get a contraction every time I roll over (or I'm having them and they wake me enough to roll over). Then gotta pee, etc. Plus the big kids climbing into the bed.... a king size bed is not big enough for 2 adults (one pregnant and one 6'4"), an almost 8yo and an almost 5 yo. At least the dog can't get up there anymore!

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page