feb 7th check in who else is still preg? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here. Was due over a week ago. My dh is sick, and I am coming down with it. He's resting...I'm taking care of all the kids and the house.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#32 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Me too, firefly!
My kids were 4 and 2 weeks early, and I've had treatments for preterm labor for months. I lost my mucus plug weeks and weeks ago, I'm dilated to 3 cm and 80% effaced have a bulging bag of waters. For almost 2 weeks now! I guess its prodromal labor, but it's making me crazy. Seriously. CRAZY. I know its all the hormones and everything, but jeesh- I feel like crying all the time, and I can't stand anything and I'm just an awful person to be around right now. No wonder the baby doesn't want to be born! Poor thing. I can't imagine doing THIS for three more weeks- my due date isn't until the 24th, let alone going past that date.
I've never had it like this before- I've always broken the bag of waters and gone into labor, so this is a new and uncomfortable experience. I
m trying to make use of the time, and trying to be philosophical, or at least resigned to it, but it's awfully hard.
I'm just ready!
#33 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 07:18 PM

Today I have a new lovely symptom: heartburn/ acid reflux. : I've never had heartburn!
#34 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Still here. EDD 2/19, but have been having ctx for a couple weeks now. They started talking induction at 40wks way back at the beginning of my pregnancy (I'm high-risk because of lupus) and while I was fighting it tooth and nail, planning my "in your face" ways of refusing induction and all that, now I'm so miserable that I halfway want to REQUEST the damn pitocin. I keep reminding myself that there must be some reason why he's still in there, despite the ctx, and that it must be important, even though I may never know why, but dang-I'm tired!! (and sore, and cranky, and impatient....)

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#35 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 09:39 PM

I'm here. Due date according to my doctor is the 10th, but the 9th according to my chart.

I have lost bits of mucus for a while now, but nothing major. Frequent BHs, but nothing to write home about.
#36 of 59 Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 PM

NOt in your ddc.... but I just wanted to stop in and say... YOUR ALMOST THERE LADIES Good luck to all of you approaching your due dates!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#37 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:15 AM

Definately still here, and plan to be for awhile! My dd is the 24th. It is harder to be at the end of the month, I think it's easy to rush things because we 'see' others having their babies. But give it time!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#38 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

Still pregnant!

I'm having contractions off and on for 3 days now. They hurt somewhat and are about 8 min apart and then *poof* they're gone! I lost my mucus plug Thursday. Due 2/11. They'll induce me 2/16 if I don't go spontaneously (GD). I'm also eating EPO and RRL like candy and I was doing nipple stim with my breast pump but it didn't seem to be making a difference. I'm trying to relax and just let it happen.
#39 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:42 AM

Not due 'til the end of the month/beginning of March, but ds2 came 3 weeks early, so could be any day now, or not for another month. Lost a tiny bit of plug last night, but I know that doesn't mean anything. Had some contractions a few nights ago, not sure if it was baby moving tons that caused them or they caused the baby to move.

Did some major nesting type stuff today. Not sure if it's because of hormones or because a woman I know who was due at the same time has had her baby & I suddenly realized I don't have much time left!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#40 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 03:05 AM

Still here. 39 weeks today and due on the 15th (although originally it was the 12th). Nothing happening still. No B/H contrax.

While uncomfortable, I'm content to wait another week right now.
#41 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 04:48 AM

Still here! EDD is the 17th but the other night I thought things were starting and then just stopped. LOTS of BH contractions but not much else. I'm definitely feeling more like just being at home though so I think that's another sign of impending labor. First son was 10 days late so I'm fine with this baby just doing what she needs to do. She knows when she wants her birthday to be!
#42 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 09:12 AM

I'm not due until the 28th so I'll likely be here for a while yet. I'm feeling fine, haven't noticed any signs of labor, not even BH! I am annoyed that my blood pressure is borderline so I'm on partial bed rest. *grins* How am I supposed to nest, I ask you?!?

Maman to Mlle. C born 2/22/09, Due with #2 at the end of May 2013

#43 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 AM

Still here too... due on the 14th. I am not feeling particularly uncomfortable at this point in my pregnancy, but I can´t wait to meet the baby, so the suspense is killing me!
#44 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:19 PM

/such a huge vent inc.

I am so tired of being pregnant. I cannot sit, stand, or walk comfortably. My back is killing me and going to the chiro doesn't help. My head hurts. My toddler is driving me batty, and I just want to go hide in a corner until this pregnancy is OVER.

I hate being pregnant right now. I alternate between feeling like I'm going to vomit and having diarrhea. It's making me not want to eat anything at all.

I want the baby to come. I'm so sick and tired of not being myself. :

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#45 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
nighten: SAME HERE!!!! I'm not even 40 weeks yet (not till Tuesday). I woke up this morning and kept thinking "It would be so easy to induce...."

Will it never end?

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#46 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM

Still here. Due on the 20th/21st. I have been 1 cm dilated (it's been that way for over a week), but my cervix is quite soft, and I have lots of signs of the body getting ready. We'll see what happens.

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
#47 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Definately still here, and plan to be for awhile! My dd is the 24th. It is harder to be at the end of the month, I think it's easy to rush things because we 'see' others having their babies. But give it time!
This post just made me realize all three of my babies are mid-month babies! I always wanted an early-month baby, so I could be one of the firsts to deliver in any of my due date clubs. But I think being an end-of-the-monther would drive me batty... I agree with the fighting against that instinct to rush things because you are so excited to see everyone else having their babies.
#48 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM

Still here--- EDD is the 11th but I am dilated and effaced and have lost my plug... I had regular contractions three nights in a row but nothing since Friday night. I think my womb is like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory... too much fun to leave.
#49 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM

Nighten... I feel for you lady... I can't sit, stand, or walk comfortably either... laying down makes my back hurt worse and sleeping is a joke. The chiropractor and massage did nothing for me.. only taking the world's hottest baths seem to get me 4 good hours of sleep.

Hang in there... you are not alone.
#50 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 08:33 PM

I was in the January club - due Jan. 30 but I'm still pregnant. S-T-I-L-L! They are threatening to induce which I am very unhappy about. Hopefully she will come soon.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - J. R. R. Tolkien
#51 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 09:09 PM

nighten

I"m not that uncomfortable or cranky yet but I do have a LOT less tolerance right now. I have a Body Stick that I can use right above my butt cheeks and that helps somewhat with the pain.

I"m not due till the 26th so I still have a ways to go. I'm finally cleaning/organizing things... not so much because I want to but because DH is guilting me! He hasn't said anything but I just feel guilty. He has a gazillion projects going on, trying to earn us some money AND he is organizing/cleaning things. So I figured the least I could do is help clean and organize....even if I have to take frequent rest breaks.
#52 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 PM

((hugs)) Nighten. Right there with ya.

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#53 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 09:45 PM

I'm still here, but not due until the 27th, so I'm not surprised.

My MIL keeps asking DH, "so, has the due date changed?" And I'm not sure what she means by it! We keep answering, "no. and there's no reason to think the baby will be born early or late or on the due date. They'll come when they come." arg.

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#54 of 59 Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 PM

I was an end of the monther with my first. Due June 29th. It was hard to have June roll around and see everyone had their babies and feel like my date was still far away. And then she didn't come...and didn't come...and didn't come...until July 20th!!!!! All my friends due in July had their babies before me, it drove me crazy.

To watch the 3rd come and go this time was just as hard, even harder, I have this deep fear in me that he will try and stay in as long as his sister did and that will not be ok with my midwives this time. I hate my area and the lack of homebirth midwives because now I'm stuck with conversations about induction TWO days after my due date!!
#55 of 59 Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 AM

*sigh* I'm 41 weeks tomorrow.

:
#56 of 59 Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM

not a frequent poster but I 'm still here also. DD was on the 6th. Cervix about 2 cm at last check and thin. Lost some mucos plug saturday and been having contractions all weekend that were finally painful enough last night to wake me up a few times. Also lots of bm's and nausea and general crankiness. I think it will be today (I hope!) Been living with a stressful situation that left this morning (my mil who has quickly accelerating dementia showed up unannounced last week) and I think that will make a big difference for my body to relax enough to go into full fledged labor.
#57 of 59 Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 AM

I"m still here. I dont' post much either but follow along pretty well
I was due staurday teh 7th, all weekend had mild-semi painful contractions. and NOTHING! (yet) my cervix by my check is about 3 cm... but tha tmeans nothgin I know, since i sat that way will all 3 other kids for 2 weeks and then got induced I did have some bloody show yesterday (sorry TMI) so I'm feelign a little optimistic.... but not overly. I'm tired, crampy, crabby and just want her born!!!! My Dr has an induction schedueld for me for tomorrow, due to my BP being up and my rt leg is very swollen, BUT i see him again today and I'm on teh fence about cancelling it. He goes out of town later this week and i'd have to see his back up (whom I can't stand) if I go on my own while he's gone, and IF my BP got any higher she'd be pushign for a c-section rather than induction (she';s very c-section happy ) Which i DO NOT want under any circumstance!! SO i have to decide by 3:30 today n if we do teh induction or not since i dont' wnat ot be rude to him and jus tnot show up. He's fine wiht leting em go as long as i want except fo rmy BP and leg. IF i cna keep it stable and the leg less swollen I can always get induced next week when he returns if I HAVE to. I'm so tired of being sore and uncomfortable, but i really dont' want to be induced again. I want to move around and not be hooked to stuff, yet i want HIM there. I dont' want teh back up Dr Frankenstein!!!!! UGH! I'm just praying that the baby will come today on her own or overnight tonight.... we've tried everything...... except castor oil which i wont' do... but everything else... and nothign has helped make the ctx any more productive.
#58 of 59 Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Still here and still pregnant. EDD is Thursday (the 12th) but after some major discomfort a week ago I thought things would be moving along by now...apparently not. Absolutely nothing going on despite my 1cm and 50% eff I achieved last week. Ah well.

Hugs going out to all of you who are really uncomfortable--I can't imagine trying to get through a day feeling like that and dealing with toddlers (as many of you are). Kudos to you!

#59 of 59 Old 02-10-2009, 05:41 PM

I don't usually post, but I'm still pregnant. I'm getting really impatient though. I lost my plug over a week ago and I keep having false labor. On top of that my nipples are KILLING me because my 2 year old is still nursing, I'm really looking forward to a new milk supply.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page