Forum Jump: 

#121 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 AM
tak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz28 View Post
It's tough keeping up with you ladies. I'm checking in late today and glad to see there are still a lot of us hanging around -- waiting. . .

Nothing new here. The moon did nothing for me and my weekly appt confirmed that my cervix is still closed, although the doc said it felt "softer." I think he was just trying to give me some hope.

As for you ladies with the clothes that don't fit anymore, I'm right there with you. I'm not as short but I'm just as frustrated with my protruding belly that I can no longer cover. I also refuse to buy any more maternity clothes.

Anyone else find themselves worrying about whether the baby's okay? I know it's irrational but if I don't feel her move for a while, I start poking around just to get a reaction.
Haha, I'm the queen of poking and shaking. I've also found that the shrimp is particularly active when I have a bath so I have a lot of baths.
#122 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 AM

I remember what else I was going to post last night- that the "checking in" has definitely started!

I am not 40 weeks yet. I have not had either of my babies until mid week 40. I do not expect this baby until then, either.

My mom has started IMing me daily. My kids' principal expressed shock that I was "still" hanging in there. Another parent at the school, when I called, asked if I had the baby yet. When I said no, she asked how many days. WTH? She has been asking how many days for a week or two. I keep telling her the baby doesn't have a calendar in there. Mostly people just ask how I am feeling. I am generally feeling great with this second round of antibiotics! I still have a lingering cough I desperately wish I could kick. Pretty sure they aren't asking about the cold, though.
#123 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 AM

wow, I can't believe all the birth announcement since I checked in the other day! Looking forward to going and reading them!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#124 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 AM

DID, the photo definitely helps! :

Quote:
I cannot find caulophyllum or cimicifuga in town.
Nillarilla, are you looking for just tinctures or checking for the herbs in capsules, too? I couldn't find the tinctures here but found blue and black cohosh in capsules over with the menopause treatments. I spent $17 on the two bottles and they've done nothing for me. Not one contrax. : I think I got more out of mopping the floor yesterday!

nighten, I'm sorry you're suffering. Hopefully not too much longer to go!

#125 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthworks View Post
I guess I should chime in this week. Well, no full moon baby for me . My first baby was 4 days early and my second was 6 days early...my EDD is this Thursday. Grrrh. I know every pregnancy and birth is different but I hit my wall a few days ago and I am done. I am not getting any sleep at night- I just toss and turn. I actually feel pretty decent during the day so I shouldn't complain but emotionally I feel like a mean mama to my kids. I feel like with my other two I was having tons of cervical twinges, mucous plug loss, and such a couple of weeks before they were born. Every now and again I'll feel something productive down there but that is it. I've had BH since 18 weeks so nothing new there. Ok, so this is just a dumb complaint but I seriously can't wear anything right now! My fundal height never went passed 34 with my daughter and I felt pretty good until she was born...and I am at 40 right now and growing (I'm 5'2''). All of my pregnancy clothes are too small or uncomfortable. Pants are the hardest- and I can't go buy a new pair that will fit my tummy because they will be a foot to long anyway! As soon as I am done running errands or playing outside with the kids I put on my husband's pj's. I am so tired of wearing pajamas all day! Yes they are comfortable but they don't help me feel very pretty. Well, maybe it is a good thing this baby is staying put...my mom is only coming to help for a week in the middle of March so it isn't like I am going to have tons of helpers around. I've been trying to buy/make food items that my 5 year old can make himself...he is pretty excited about all of the frozen chocolate chip waffles we made last week . He keeps tell me he wants the baby to be born so he can start eating the "treat waffles". I just tell him the "treat waffles" sound good to me too honey .

The waffle conversation made me smile. I just had the very same one with DS (6) about teh frozen chocolate chip waffels in our freezer. LOL He's anxiously awaiting his sister's arrival so he can eat them! (we too tried to buy /make foods that were easy for him to make himsefl adn get teh otehr kids if needed... which reminds me I need to make granola bars this afternoon..

Also, on teh subject of teh 'checking in calls" i got 11 yesterday. 11. Seriously peopel, WOULDN"T I HAVE CALLED YOU!!!!!!!! It is more frustrating when people call and say "no baby yet?" than it is being in pain and having ctx all day! I seriously am going to put the message on our voice mail to say "you've reached the Roberts family, no we havent' had the baby yet, watch the paper for the birth announcement and if we really like you we'll calll when baby is born. thank you and have a nice day"
#126 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Thank you for your sympathy, everyone.

And lots and lots of to everyone else who is still suffering!!!! Jenivere, Renee, anyone else who is dealing with the prodromal labor and all that-- I hope you get your babies SOON!!!

Oh, and Jenivere, Kimmiepie joined us from the January DDC. That's why she is the most pregnant one of all.

So, I had more contractions yesterday-- for about an hour or two, they were good and strong, five minutes apart and then three minutes apart and then nothing. But I am dealing with it much better because DH took sick time to come be with me and he was such a supportive coach. He would keep reminding me, "it's okay if this isn't the "real" thing, just enjoy them for what it's worth right now; let's just enjoy this time together," etc etc. I love him so much!!! It really helped so that I didn't crash and sob when they petered out. Now he is taking more sick time/vacation time today and until the weekend so that I can relax more (which will hopefully help get labor going, too!) We imagine the baby will probably come by the end of the weekend, and if not, we'll do everything we can to "induce" naturally.

I picked up some Caullophyllum and Gelsemium homeopathics yesterday to hopefully either stop the prodromal labor or help it turn into something more-- but so far I haven't noticed a physical difference-- emotionally though, I feel better. I am really grateful for my husband's support and that we are in a place where we are ABLE to have him stay home with me a little. SO SO grateful.

I am having some more contractions this morning-- oh, there's one right now-- actually I had some very early this morning, too-- but I really don't expect anything of them. At all. Too jaded.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#127 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam&kat's_mom View Post
Also, on teh subject of teh 'checking in calls" i got 11 yesterday. 11. Seriously peopel, WOULDN"T I HAVE CALLED YOU!!!!!!!! It is more frustrating when people call and say "no baby yet?" than it is being in pain and having ctx all day! I seriously am going to put the message on our voice mail to say "you've reached the Roberts family, no we havent' had the baby yet, watch the paper for the birth announcement and if we really like you we'll calll when baby is born. thank you and have a nice day"
This is a GREAT idea!! My mom and sister have been calling at least twice a day, often at odd times, for NO reason at ALL. My mom is making up lame reasons for calling: yesterday morning at 8 AM it was to ask if we could use more bread from the bread outlet store near her work (they have it extra cheap on Mondays, and as soon as I'd said "Hello?" she replied with, "Oh wait, today isn't Monday," but besides, she brought us five loaves last week -- how much bread does she think we go through?!), and last night at 10:30 when I'd been feeling especially tired all day and had actually been asleep for the night for a half hour she called to double-check on what time the play is on Friday that she's taking the kids to, where it is, and whether we have the tickets in hand yet (all of which she knew the answers to). SO annoying. I have plenty of other people watching, waiting, and asking, too, but luckily most of them confine their impatience to e-mail which is much more tolerable. I've tried to turn the ringer off on my phone when I'm taking a nap during the day or otherwise don't want to be disturbed, and I can't figure it out! So I gather up all the cordless receivers from all over the house and bury them under pillows in a closed room. I suppose I could just pull the cord from the wall but I worry about missing something important, just in case.

And yes, both of them are also asking, "When did you last see the midwife?? What did she say??" as if she's going to look in her crystal ball at my prenatal visits and give me an exact date and time. Feh. My sister also asked on Tuesday night, "So, the full moon didn't do what you wanted it to do, huh?" I put on my Facebook status update the other day, "Kristin is feeling like a watched pot." :
#128 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 AM

For those of you with antsy "Any baby yet??" callers who anticipate this carrying over to long, unwanted pop-in visits after the baby's born, here's what the sign says that my midwife provides:

It's a _________
Born at _______
On ___________
Weighing ______
Named ________

A note to visitors from the midwives:

In order for the new family to get rested and to get to know each other in a quiet, peaceful atmosphere, please limit your visit to 15 minutes.

If anyone in your group has a contagious illness (cold, cough, runny nose, chicken pox, pinkeye, etc.), please reschedule your visit for another time when all attending are healthy -- a minor illness in an older person can be life-threatening in a new baby.

Before you leave, it would be lovely if you'd lend a hand -- quietly wash up the dirty dishes, do a load of laundry, water the plants, sweep the floor, leave a casserole, feed the animals, or any other nice thing you feel inclined to do!

--The Midwives
#129 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Oh my gosh, what is WRONG with me???

I suddenly got really nauseated last night -- like needing to throw up. Which scares me, because my last labor I vomited the whole time and it was awful. So I took a Phenergan, put in my Hypnobabies and went to bed. But I'd have to get up to pee, and waves of nausea would hit. I ended up not sleeping well at all, took more Phenergan, but woke up this morning just as nauseated.

I finally threw up a little while ago. It didn't make me feel better.

Please tell me this isn't some bug. Surely the universe would not be so cruel. But if it's not a bug then please tell me it's not labor starting and I'm destined to throw up again the whole time this time. I don't think I could stand it.

I'm just so utterly miserable right now I want to crawl in a hole somewhere.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#130 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 AM

LionTigerBear, I really admire your upbeat-edness!

I woke up at 4:30 AM yesterday morning thinking labor was beginning, with that menstrual cramp feeling that wrapped around to the back and radiated down to my legs. But it was more a constant, dull ache and not coming in waves. Then it stopped, and I had loose stools and then, by about 7:00, a horrible debilitating migraine. I very, very rarely get severe headaches like this, and it was awful. I couldn't handle light, noise, or any other stimulation without feeling like I just wanted to die, and my toddler was WIDE awake and being especially noisy. My husband went to work late so he could see the older kids off to school, then I sent him an e-mail telling him that I was completely unable to function and REALLY needed him. Thank goodness my son was content to play quietly on the floor in my bedroom and eat some dry cereal with PBS Kids on low volume until my husband came back home within an hour. I took some extra-strength Tylenol, went to sleep for a while, and woke up feeling much better, though still a little "off" and not quite myself. I'm glad I didn't go into labor yesterday, after all, because it was almost like I was hovering a foot or so above myself all day long, not quite with everyone else. Luckily I got a great night's sleep last night and I feel totally normal today. WHEW.
#131 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 AM

Oh, Renee. I hope this is the real thing now and that the vomitting stops and just serves as a catalyst to get things going.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#132 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Wow, RabbitDancer, that sounds intense. I'm glad you're feeling better!

#133 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 AM

Oh, Renee!! Your poor woman!! I'm so sorry you're suffering.

#134 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 12:13 PM

GGGGGGgrrrrrrr so I found out today my OB STILL has not called my midwife back. I know he only works 2 days a week but come on buddy. I'm supposed to have my membranes stripped today and now I feel like this baby isn't coming because everything is not in place like I thought it was.

Sigh.

It's not like I can call his office saying, "Hey can I leave a message for dr. x to call my midwife "
#135 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 12:15 PM

NIGHTEN honey,

I saw your pic and you look as uncomfy as me,

If if is a bug, I'm praying it passes quick. I thought we were finally over this bug we had last week and last night ds2 throws up. Just once, but still. I'm praying my babysitters don't get sick.
#136 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 PM

Nighten I vomited through my last labour too and was nauseous all day yesterday and last night whenever I woke to pee. It's easing off this am. I just have a bad backache. Maybe the nausea is just from prostaglandins?

I'm having some mild ctx and cramping. I am also leaking something sporadically. It's not pee so maybe it's a hindwater leak? I wish I knew if this is it. Ds has gymnastics this am and I really don't want my water to break there.

It kind of feels like things are petering out again. I wish my mw appt was today instead of tommorow another acupuncture treatment might do the job.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#137 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM

My midwife is on her way, I think I'm in labor!!!!! Hurts but I'm so excited!! :

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#138 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM

YAY Kimmie
#139 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Yay Kimmiepie! I hope this is it! Good luck.

#140 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

OMG I think I have thrush in my milk ducts. Owww.
#141 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Oh, now DiD!!! I really hope that you don't! I can only imagine how painful that is!

I keep checking this page continuously waiting for new birth announcements! And I just want to tell everyone who is miserable and waiting, I hope that the misery is over soon and you are enjoying your new baby very soon!! I know how hard it is and really wish you all the very best!
#142 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM

DiD, I hope it's not-- hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Kimmiepie-- GOOD LUCK!!!! :

#143 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 PM

OH DID
#144 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
*falls over dead*

I cannot live with this for a year!
It's not constant for a year...it just surprises me from time to time for about a year before I can feel completely confident that putting one foot out of bed isn't going to give me that SPD shock. After that, the only time I get that shock is if one or both feet slip.

See a chiropracter, walk and do kegels. You'll be fine.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#145 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM

DID, if it's already in your ducts, call your midwife and get the one dose Diflucan. Topical treatments won't get rid of thrush once it's migrated to your ducts, typically. And while probiotics are fabulous, from my experience they alone also won't get rid of it once it's established internally like that.

You can try GSE internally first, but after our awful time with thrush last time (over two months), I'm not opposed at all to taking Diflucan off the bat to get rid of it.

Do what you're comfy with, but I am so sorry you're suffering and hope you're able to get rid of it fast. Be sure to wash ALL things that have touched your breasts in very hot water with about 20 drops of GSE. Dry on high heat too, if possible.

----

My mom came up (thank God) and I went back to bed. Listened to HB and fell asleep for a few hours, which helped. Woke up hungry (surely a good sign?) and am eating a peanut butter sandwich.

I didn't know that prostaglandins can trigger nausea. I hope that was it and it's passed now. We'll see how I feel once I have food in my belly again. I would love for labor to start, but not the vomiting.

----

Good luck, kimmiepie!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#146 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM

Wow Kimmiepie! I hope this is the real deal for you I can't wait to read the birth announcement!
#147 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Too crabby and miserable to post right now. Just want to send everyone huge s

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#148 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM

I caught up on this mornings posts but I'm sick and blah and not up to writing all the responses I wanted to write. I'm crampy all over like my period is starting. And just now I had a contraction that felt very real and radiated down into my legs. I'm not going to think anything more of it unless more start coming. I am going to distract myself with kids and housework.

:
#149 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM

I just wanted to pop in here and give lots of hugs and labour vibes to those of you still waiting. Especially those of you having a hard time. I know it's not even the middle of February but I'm sure many of you (or all of you ) are eager to have your babies.

And labour vibes
: : :

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#150 of 238 Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 PM

I'm sure i saw it mentioned in one of our chat thread that loosing your mucous plus can simply feel like being very wet. That's not been my experience in the past but that's how things are going today. So wet it is driving me crazy. I feel crampy but peaceful and good. I'm doing lot's of pelvic rocks etc trying to encourage baby to be in the best position possible.

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page