Chatting into March! Lets keep it going! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 03-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, the probiotics will help absolutely! As for the elimination diet, yes, it is a pain in the butt, but if it helps my babe feel more comfortable, then so be it. Most babies outgrow these sensitivities pretty soon anyway. And since I tend to eat less healthy when pregnant (more easily giving in to cravings, etc.), it's disappointing but beneficial for me to have to eliminate some things from my diet, honestly.

And it can take some time for the effects to be seen, so even though the more obvious reactions can be within hours of mama's meal, the effects of problematic foods can linger for days. So if you're trying an elimination diet, give it a few weeks if you can. And if it's too hard for you, just remove any foods that are bothering you -- because if they're bothering you then it's pretty certain they are bothering your little one too.

Here's an interesting article on probiotics for infants:

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articl...gestive-tract/

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#62 of 67 Old 03-08-2009, 06:02 PM

I had yet ANOTHER clogged duct last night - fever chills, etc. I feel a lot better today but this has to stop! My midwife reccomended so homepathics DH is going to buy today. Hopefully that stops it.

Yesterday was sunny and clear so we bought our all terain stroller and were going to take it for a walk on this gravel path along the bay leading up to the golden gate bridge. The store was right by the path. Baby started screaming a mile into our walk. We fed her and changed her and she kept screaming. Wow that was stressful being so far from the car and not knowing how to settle her down! She eventually wore herself out and stopped crying. It was super windy so it was too cold for me to pick her up...she was all snug in the stroller and blocked from the wind. I think that was our first meltdown out of the house. She has always slept the whole time up until now.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#63 of 67 Old 03-09-2009, 12:43 AM

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#64 of 67 Old 03-09-2009, 04:05 AM

Hi JustOneMore (and everyone else). I loved your post about how much better you felt after the baby was born. I am at 41+5 and thought I would be able to be chill and patient and it hasn't quite worked out that way. I am a mess. I have just felt bad the whole pregnancy, so I was just looking so much forward to having a baby and at least feeling somewhat better, and I know he will arrive sooner or later, but at least the idea (possibility... hope) of feeling better after I give birth makes me feel so hopeful. I know it won't be perfect, but... anyway, it is just encouraging for those of us still waiting to read about how much better you felt. I haven't kept up with the the rest of the thread but will get to it now. Just wanted to say thanks for the uplift....
#65 of 67 Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Thanks to all those people talking about belly binding. WOW. It feels GREAT. I think I found my new baby shower gift. Oh, and for those wanting a cheap option, I found a compression band that's fully adjustable at Walmart in the weight lifting section for 5.77. Wearing one makes a HUGE difference!

Was it kind of like this? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10269999

:
#66 of 67 Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Thanks for your post just1more! I guess you're right...it's not our job to make them stop crying, just to comfort them and hold them. I will try and remember that when nothing I do makes her stop. I was definitely shaken by the meltdown but I know it's going to happen again (probably many time) so life will still go on.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#67 of 67 Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 AM

Jenivere-no, it wasn't quite like that. Mine was blue on one side and black on the inside, and was only $5.77. It was the off-brand "athletic works". I didn't see it online. Oh, and it was on the aisle with the weights, but beside the funny sauna suits.

It really has made a tremendous difference for me!

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page