Chatting in Spring! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 225 Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the concern friends! I am much better!

I feel a bit guilty saying this but Linus is a great sleeper. After two not good at all sleepers it is such a relief to get some sleep. Linus actually sleeps better than my 5 year old...Yikes! Hopefully it will hold for a loooooooong time

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#122 of 225 Old 04-24-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I'm trying to catch up on reading a bit. Life has just been so hectic. The boys are still on their special diets, DH is still working so much, And Eliza has remained pretty darn fussy all these weeks (she's 8 weeks now.) So I was thinking it was probably a yeast overgrowth and sure enough, she got thrush. Great. I never had to deal with this before! So now we are doing the thrush thing and I am on a Candida diet on top of the GAPS diet. Sigh. The yeast die-off reactions have been ROUGH. Oh well. It will be over soon! I also haven't been able to lose any weight since the first week or so-- so I'm still sitting at 140. : Or I should sya I was. I've lost a pound or two already since starting the Candida diet. Woohoo! Can't wait for the weight to fall off now! I just started doing yoga, too, and I LOVE it. It's a good workout for me, more intense than I expected!

Eliza is a real pleasure to be with. I just love her. Considering how gassy she is, she's a fairly mellow baby, but she's very attached to me. She will tolerate Dad for about an hour and half before fussing for me. (Which is perfect for yoga, lol!) She won't let anyone else hold her for any length of time, though. I'm hoping that as her yeast issues die down she will become more friendly with others, but we'll see.

She's getting so pretty, too. She has a fat little body but long limbs and a delicate, sweet face. I call her my fairy princess.

Nice to catch up with you guys! I can't believe some of yo want another one, lol! I am so excited that we are done!!! Just deciding whether to go IUD, tubes tied, or vas now. BG, your story scared me!!! I've heard scary stories about the tubal, too, though! And dh isn't so keen on the idea of the vasectomy yet-- something I would never push on him. Ack, what to do, what to do!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#123 of 225 Old 04-27-2009, 05:04 PM

Our ddc is slowly getting less and less active - I guess we're all very busy!

We are now moved into our house, still not completely unpacked, but we're here and it's so nice to have that behind us. We also now have our king bed out of storage and Royce loves it (it has actually been in storage since before I found out I was pregnant - literally the night before, we didn't have room for it in our last place). He is sleeping so much better and will actually stay asleep on his own, yay!

Also, I just recieved a didymos wrap that I ordered and I'm so excited about it. I got an indio yew cotton/linen blend and it's wonderful. Royce is getting big and I'm a small person so I'm glad to be putting away the moby for now.

I had Royce in his overalls for the first time today so I thought I'd share a pic!
(or 2)

Overall Cuteness

Sittin' with Mama

Okay, maybe 3:

So Sleepy

Hope everyone is doing well!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#124 of 225 Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM

We're in Banff in a hotel for the week. We were in Calgary for the weekend. This is the 4th hotel in 4 days but it actually wasn't that bad and we are here until Saturday. I bought a babyhawk mei tai in Calgary. Let me tell you this is the best thing ever!!! It's great for long carries. I carried her all over the Calgary zoo for 4hrs approximately. She came out a few times but she was much happier in the mei tai. She's actually done very well this trip. Only a couple meltdowns and that was mostly in the car around Calgary.
Gillian I wish I had a king to take out of storage. We had one in the hotel and there is soooo much more room than a Queen.
Took Delia swimming for the first time. I thought she would hate it but she was very happy.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#125 of 225 Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 PM

Gillian, love the one of Royce sleeping, so cute!

Yes, it is quiet around here! Well, I've been busy- always going around here! Ramsey still is fussy, I'm taking him to a chiropractor on Wed and his first Dr. appt on Friday.
I updated my sig and there's links on there of the kids.

I saw this in the march ddc: how big is your baby?

Ramsey started at 7lbs 5 oz, and at 8 weeks he was 11lbs 10 oz.

Anyone else? He doesn't seem to be getting 'fat', my dd at this age and over the coming months just got enormous!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#126 of 225 Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Gillian, adorable! If I get a chance I'll have to upload some photos of Eliza. I am SO busy though!

Eliza is about 14 pounds at 8 weeks, but we'll get an exact weight on Wednesday.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#127 of 225 Old 04-27-2009, 11:25 PM

Cute pics!! We go in for 2mo appt tomorrow-can't wait to see how much the tank weighs now! He was 15lb 8oz at 6wks. I keep forgetting to check the baby books-can't remember how fast my other 2 kids chunked up. Seems fast this time though!

Any tips for keeping fat rolls heat rash-free? Does powder help? I'm sure I dealt with this when the other 2 were little, but it seems so long ago! (they're 5 and almost 8-not really that long ago!)

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#128 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 AM

Hello all, it is getting pretty quiet in here... Owyn is doing well. Our bedtime routine isn't working so well anymore. She'll go to sleep for a little while, then she's awake again, but fussy for an hour or two before going to sleep again. I guess that would be her fussy time? I haven't figured out how to avoid that yet.

We weighed her on a friend's Wii Fit tonight and she was 11 lbs. 9 oz! Her cheeks are really getting chunky and she's starting to get rolls on her thighs! Aside from her fussy time in the evening, she is really a great, easy-going baby. She enjoys watching me do housework and cook dinner, especially folding laundry. She loooooves her changing table, her absolute favorite place to be! I think she knows she'll be getting naked when I put her there and she loves getting naked. She also enjoys visiting the fairies that hang above the table, she talks to them and smiles at them. She's also such a good sleeper. It can sometimes be difficult getting her down the first time, but once we get to sleep, she sleeps so great. She has been waking up pretty early, but her dad usually gets up with her since I let him sleep all night.

This is my last week of classes! Finals next week then graduation May 9th!! Woo Hoo!

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#129 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 01:05 AM

Makenna will be 3 months on Wednesday. I weighed her last Thursday and she was 11 lbs 2 ounces. 5 lbs 12 ounces at birth (2-3 weeks early). She has a 3 month visit at the dr tomorrow to get more vaccines (have to go every month instead of 2 bc I'm spacing them out). Makenna has slept through the night every night for at least a week! Hopefully this is for good! She did wake and cry at 12:30 one night but she found her thumb and went back to sleep

Is anyone else's baby obsessed with their thumb? Do all babies suck their thumbs? I was a thumb sucker until I was old enough to remember trying to stop and having trouble. I got that yucky stuff on my thumb...still kept sucking though.

Glad to hear you're moved in Gillian! Our big move is this Saturday. We're living in a sea of boxes and cursing the things we need but already packed. I don't think we have too much left to pack. I'm so not looking forward to finding places for everything. There is less closet space in the new place.

I made an appt to talk to my boss Friday morning to quit my job! Ack! I have been having bad dreams about quitting and about being back at work and wanting to come home to my baby but being stuck there working late. I just need to get this over with!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#130 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 AM

Monkaha: We have issues with the chin rolls here. I try to wipe them clean with a wipe every morning and sometimes use a wet washcloth them dry in there. It does get red and cheesy sometimes though. Ick! She hates when I clean in there. I think it's sensitive. I was wondering about powder too. It's just hard to keep dry with all the spitting up she does!

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#131 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Finally get a little bit of time to catch up AND to post. Usually I just get time to read.

Gillian: Siggi does the pouty face too, sometimes he cries afterwards, sometimes not. He wrinkles up his forehead too. DH says he looks like his aunt, who used to do that as a baby.

Vegan Princess: Mine likes to suck on his hands, and when we had to do an U/S to see if he was breech still, he was doing it in utero too.

He had his 2 month appointment last week (actually 9 weeks old) and he was 11 lbs 7 oz (from 7 lbs 12 oz)!

I have been working from home up until now but my boss is bugging me to come into the office. My hubby is working a temp job so finding permanent daycare isn't an option... so we are trying to figure out what to do.

I have a cute pic of Siggi here.
#132 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 AM

Cindy: Owyn hasn't found her thumb yet, but she sure does try. It frustrates her that she can't get it in her mouth. She loves to suck on her hands and seems to favor her left hand for sucking on. I think she will end up sucking her thumb if she could just get it in her mouth!

2 month Dr. visit coming up (she'll be 2 months old on Friday), and I'm still undecided on vaccines... I'm thinking about just delaying until 6 months so I can try to make a decision by then. I hate feeling rushed... I figure we can always go back and give her the vaccines if we decide, but we can't take it back once it's been done so I don't want to rush it.

Okay, enough procrastinating... I really should get some homework done. Ugh.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#133 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 01:38 PM

17lbs, 14.5oz now i don't feel like such a wimp for using a sling/ergo when he's in arms more than a couple minutes. 24.5 inches. was laughing w/ the ped about how he looiks like he could use a bra, and how i could feed the whole neighborhood. :

#134 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 PM

Holy moly Monkaha! I'm just back from the ped and DD is 11.5 lbs (not exact...she weighed 11lbs 12 ounces with diaper and warm clothes on so they guestimated). 22.5 inches.

#135 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 03:46 PM

Good God! DD was 8 lbs even at birth, and is right at 11 lbs now. My kids are skinny, slow growers, I guess. DS was the same way. They never get fat, they just grow steady. I make scads of milk and all, but I guess we just make string beans.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#136 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Monkaha ~ holy cow! My second son was like that, too. He was 20 pounds at three months and wearing size 9-12 months . . . and he looked like a little stuffed sausage he was so fat-- with lovely big chipmunk cheeks, too! Lol. My first son was a skinny baby.

My little fairy princess is kind of in the middle. We'll get an exact measurement tomorrow.

And motherbirth-- Siggi is so cute!

#137 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Holy moly Monkaha! I'm just back from the ped and DD is 11.5 lbs (not exact...she weighed 11lbs 12 ounces with diaper and warm clothes on so they guestimated). 22.5 inches.
nak

Yay for other petite little girls!

Esmé is 14 weeks and about 11 and a half pounds ... she is wee. but following along her own steady curve. Someone commented on how I didn't have the infant insert with her in the ergo, and then i told them how old she is. She can hold her head up just fine! She's very talkative and smiley ... we're having a great time getting to know her.

ETA: updated pic of her in my sig!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#138 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM

NAK

We have a petite little girl too! She is 10 1/2 lbs at 10 weeks! But thats no surprise since my DH and I are both smaller Im a petite 5' 2", DH is 5'9". Heres a pic of my bubbly little nakey girl at 8 weeks!

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/P1030654.jpg

Everyone is getting so big and cute! We should keep a thread going in the babes forum so we can all keep updated!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
#139 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM

I will have to weigh Delia when we get home. She was 13lb 6oz at 8wks if I'm recalling right. She was 8lb 11oz at birth. If I had to guess I would say probably about 16lbs now that she's 12wks. She's a roly poly porker lol. My ds was pretty fat he was 22lbs by 3.5 months and in 12mo outfits. But he didn't gain much from that point on. He slimmed right down when he started crawling though.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#140 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM

i love seeing pics of the cute babies!! gottasee if i can get one up....

#141 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 08:58 PM

Nothing much to report here. I love everyone's pics -- the babes are precious

DD is growing and increasingly alert each day. Since she's my first, I'm constantly amazed at how fast she changes. She recognizes us now, smiles, and demands entertainment!

I'd also like her to find her thumb soon. Watching her chew on her fist is frustrating for both of us.

Good news is that I've been exclusively breastfeeding now for a month. We had a rough start but things have changed for the good and I'm so grateful.

I've attached 2 pics. The first is from Easter and the second pic is an outfit I dressed her in after a particularly tough day.

Pic 1
Pic 2
#142 of 225 Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM

Very cute, heinz, especially since she looks so happy!

Starling- good to hear from you- of course I looked through your flickr and esme is beautiful and so are your photos! I love the one with her sleeping with her arms up...so sweet.

It's really interesting to see what a range the babies' weight is! Now I think Ramsey's pretty normal- it's incredible what some of your babies weigh! Way to go mamas! My dd was like that...it was awesome!

Tomorrow we go to the chiropractor.

Ramsey and I are so funny at night. This is completely bizarre; first of all, after I nurse him and change him, he's usually awake, but sleepy. He won't nurse to sleep, and if he does, he always wakes. Guess how I get him to sleep? I swaddle him and lay him in his bassinet. With the light on, with him awake. He just goes to sleep! And in the night, (he's right beside me) as soon as I hear him start to move (flail his limbs) around, he's in bed to nurse. We sleep a bit, and nurse a bit, and then I start to feel him kicking and flailing, and if I'm still half sleeping I'll nurse him, but if I wake up enough, guess what I do? PUt him back in his bassinet. And he goes to sleep! Then we sleep again until the cycle repeats itself. It seems we both just sleep fine in our seperate spaces. I love him in the bed, and I'm more than willing to cosleep, but sometimes I realize I've been constantly kicked for an hour and am not really sleeping... I find it almost comical and unbelievable that he is so easy at night. Well, I suppose I would prefer him to just stay in bed with me and not flail his limbs around, and we could both just sleep nicely, but if he must exercise in the dark hours I'm glad he's willing to do it alone! We don't even use the pacifier at night, and he never cries. (unless he's flailing and I'm trying to stuff my boob in his mouth again when he doesn't want it...) I must admit, it is nice to get those few hours of deeper sleep and stretching out...I'm a tummy sleeper and I can't sleep that way cosleeping. It makes up for his fussyness during the day!
I don't mean to sound SO incredulous, actually my other kids were great sleepers too- but Ramsey's temperment is soooo different than theirs were, I would expect him to be also really high-needs at night. Thank God for the break!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#143 of 225 Old 04-29-2009, 10:44 AM

I'm so happy to hear all the updates - and see all the pics!

I weighed Royce last night and he is 15lb 12oz (he is now 14 weeks). He was 7lb 4oz at birth.

Thought I had more time to respond, but a certain someone is now awake!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#144 of 225 Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Sam is doing well. I don't know how much he weighs now but at his 2month visit, he was almost 12lbs.

His sleep has not been regular for the last couple of days. He normally goes down around 11:30pm-12am and the last couple of nights he's been up crying till 2 or 3am. But he has been having trouble napping during the day so I'm thinking that may be the problem? Thankfully, he is asleep right now.

He's found his fists and is sucking on them. I've tried giving him a pacifier but he doesn't care for them much.

I'm a little frustrated with myself that I'm not able to get things done around the house. I wear Sam but I don't feel comfortable cleaning or preparing food while I wear him and there's not much I can do around the house just standing. I'm trying to find a mom group to join but the few I have found so far charge a fee! Do casual, let's just hang out type of mom's group not exist?
#145 of 225 Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 PM

Kssinca: I'm not sure where you are in the bay area but I have found a couple resources. For SF there is golden gate mother's group...I joined a working mom's playgroup through that. I'm no longer working and am moving to berkeley tomorrow so that is not going to work. I found an east bay mommas play group through berkeley parents network...which seems to span a lot of the east bay. I'd either try that or see if there is something similar where you live. Or even look on craigslist or meetup.com. I also joined a meetup group for expecting and new moms in the bay area and an attachment parenting one in the east bay (but haven't heard of any meetings from that group yet). All of these have been free!

So I talked to my boss today..told him I can't come back to my normal hours. I didn't end up resigning. He asked me to tell him what my ideal situation would be and he said he'd see what he could work out. So I told him I'd be happy doing project work for the real estate team from home 10-15 hours/week. I'm pretty sure this is fine with him! Yay! I'm not sure what they'll be paying me hourly but I figure I can manage 10-15 hours of work when Makenna is napping or playing and probably hire a mother's helper for a few hours 2x/week. We can get by with me not working but extra money certainly won't hurt and I get to keep my mind active and not have a hole on my resume. I'm just so glad to have this not hanging over my head! I've been soooo nervous. My boss was awesome though. He said he thinks moms should be able to be home with their babies (his wife is) and he totally understood...not mad at all for me getting paid by the company and then not coming back full time.

Now hopefully the move tomorrow will go as smooth as my meeting today!

Cindy

#146 of 225 Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 PM

Wow Cindy, that's great!!

kssinca, when we moved here, i googled "[city] parents" or "[city] ap" or something like that and found a local ap group. try the areas part of mdc too-maybe there's some mdc mamas around you. good luck.

#147 of 225 Old 05-04-2009, 10:46 AM

Could AF seriously be coming back already?? DD is 9 weeks old and she has started going longer between feedings. And I've been pumping 3 days a week while at school. I knew with the pumping it was possible AF would come back early, but seriously?? I so do not want to deal with this. Hasn't happened yet, but I was feeling seriously PMS-y yesterday, picking fights with my mom and nagging at my husband. I only do that when I'm PMS-ing. Today I'm feeling a little crampy. Damn. I don't want to deal with this.

Am I cool to use tampons now?? Had my 6 week check up and everything was fine, so I figure I can... guess I should go pick some up. Damn.

Oh well, guess this means I can get pregnant again anytime now.

#148 of 225 Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 AM

Willa rolled over this am!!! She absolutely hates being on her tummy though so she woke me up right away to help her roll back over.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#149 of 225 Old 05-04-2009, 04:59 PM

Makenna rolled over for the first time yesterday too...but it was sort of cheating bc she was propped up on her back on a pillow. I turned my back for 1 second and looked back and she was on her tummy. She's been trying when flat but has never made it.

Well I survived my move! It went pretty smoothly and we've gotten a good deal unpacked. I just finished unpacking the nursery. I washed and am using my new cloth diapers...so nice. :-) I'm feeling more domestic in this new house already. LOL.

Cindy

#150 of 225 Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 PM

It's been a bit since I checked in. It sounds like everyone is doing well. Fiona is asleep in her baby wrap right now for her afternoon nap. She typically sleeps for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. When I wear her she sleeps right through. If I put her down in bed then I usually lie down with her for much of the time or she wakes up. I often pop back in to nurse her back to sleep. Either way I'm grateful for the long naps.

We had an appointment with the nurse this AM for her Pc vaccine. We are only doing that and the DTap for now and spacing them one month apart from each other. I hate hearing her cry in pain! She recovered quickly though... and so did I! She weighs 11 pounds 1 ounce now. Still a petite little thing but growing steadily. (9 pounds 10 ounces last month) She has been so much fun lately. She grabs at toys and her Papa's beard a lot these days. She coos and talks to us all the time. I'm loving every moment with her.

I'll try to remember to post a picture soon.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page