Forum Jump: 

#211 of 225 Old 05-26-2009, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two new Aurora pics:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94...g?t=1243358878
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94...g?t=1243358853

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 225 Old 05-26-2009, 02:41 PM

I got Royce in a back carry with my wrap yesterday!! I still need to work on it though, he didn't seem secure enough. But it's a start!

We also have a pouch and a mei tai. I use the pouch on occassion if I'm just running into a store (I keep it in the car). The mei tai we bought for dh to use, so I don't really use that. The wrap is definitely my favourite, I can wear him for long walks and shopping trips. And now that I'm making progress on the back carry it will be very useful.

Royce is also a big baby. Depending on the brand he is wearing either the 6-9months size or the 12 months size. My mil bought him a nice summer outfit in size 6 months and when I went to put him in it the other day it didn't fit. So he didn't even get to wear that once!

We also have a Sophie Giraffe. It and a soft lovey are the only things Royce has held and actually studied. I also have a wooden ring rattle, which he will temporarily hold but doesn't really study it.

Yesterday Royce sat for a few seconds (using his hands to support his weight, not upright), but it was still pretty impressive! He always tries to sit up when I lie him down on his back (it looks like he's trying to do a 'sit up'). It won't be long now and he'll be sitting on his own! Still no rolling though

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#213 of 225 Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 AM

Aurora is beautiful.

I agree with you about the price of things. I am more interested in buying safely made fair paid quality items...they are cuter too.

here is a toy that Juniper loves. she looks at it, holds it and gnaws on it.
http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/item/...0Doll,%20Cream

(if any of you want o buy that or other toys from Oompa, it would be cool if you pm me your email and then i could send you the link and earn some refer a friend loayalty points. But you don't have to)

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#214 of 225 Old 05-27-2009, 02:02 PM

http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A...category=20874

http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A...category=20877

Fiona likes these two things. She's also begun teething. Very drooly, chomping on anything she can get her hands on... I wonder how long until we actually see a tooth though. Which ones tend to come in first? Top or bottom?

I was thinking about getting her an amber teething necklace. Have any of you used one and did you think that it helped? They look so cute! Are they safe to use? I worry about a choking hazard.

I'm sad to see the DDC closing! I feel like I've gotten such great support form you ladies throughout my pregnancy and the early days of life as a mom. Thank you all! I hope I'll be in touch with some of you via FB and on other forums here.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#215 of 225 Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
[url]

I was thinking about getting her an amber teething necklace. Have any of you used one and did you think that it helped? They look so cute! Are they safe to use? I worry about a choking hazard.
We bought one for Royce - but haven't used it yet so I don't know if it works. They seem to be recommended a lot over on LWAB so they must work at least a little. Most of them that I've seen for sale are made with a plastic safety clasp that will come apart if there is pressure on it. It does say that for safety you should take it off at night.

#216 of 225 Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM

We have a necklace for Owyn. I've put it on her a couple of times because it's so cute, can't tell yet if it works she's not teething. But they are pretty popular so they must be good for something. I've also heard you can wrap it around their ankle or wrist so it's not a choking hazard while they're sleeping.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#217 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A...category=20874

http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/it.A...category=20877

Fiona likes these two things. She's also begun teething. Very drooly, chomping on anything she can get her hands on... I wonder how long until we actually see a tooth though. Which ones tend to come in first? Top or bottom?

I'm sad to see the DDC closing! I feel like I've gotten such great support form you ladies throughout my pregnancy and the early days of life as a mom. Thank you all! I hope I'll be in touch with some of you via FB and on other forums here.
All my kidos wear amber teething necklaces...Linus has had one on since about six weeks...I think they work. They are short so unable to wrap around the neck twice and all have either a magnetic clasp or a break away clasp so they aren't choking hazards at all...even the bead are too small to choke on...

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#218 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 AM

another one who uses amber teething necklaces. junie wears hers all the time. aside from the break away clasp each bead is individually knotted. (you can probably see Junie's in her picture) I got hers from inspired by finn. They are having a storewide clearance, and they are the cheapest I have found anyways. My older daughter had one for years that she wore.

well Junie woke up and threw up this morning and then heaved a bit after her stomache was empty. will be keeping an eye on this.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#219 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM

What's the deal with the amber? How does that help teething? I never heard of this with my older two, but keep seeing little ones with necklaces.

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#220 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkaha View Post
What's the deal with the amber? How does that help teething? I never heard of this with my older two, but keep seeing little ones with necklaces.
Here's what it says on the website where I bought mine:

Quote:
Baltic amber teething necklaces are worn by teething babies to help alleviate the pains and discomforts of teething. Body warmth heats the amber which then slowly releases oils that are absorbed through the skin. These oils act as a natural analgesic, a great alternative to any medicinal treatments for teething pains.
I think I might start putting it on Royce, it really is so cute. My DH wanted one for himself so they could match, but unfortunately they don't make them in men's sizes!

#221 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 PM

I am interested in the amber teething necklaces and will probably get one but...the only info I can find on them being a natural analgesic is on websites trying to sell them. So I am a bit skeptical but they are pretty cute as well.

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#222 of 225 Old 05-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Thanks for the info on the amber necklaces. I'm going to buy one today! What length did you get Thursday Girl? I like the length of Juno's in your pic (so cute by the way!)

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#223 of 225 Old 05-30-2009, 12:54 AM

I THINK i got a 12, but I am not sure. Can't measure right now as Juno is alseep.

Inspired by finn has adult necklaces Gillian, I haven't looked at them yet so I don't know how manly they are. LOL>

#224 of 225 Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 AM

oh yeah i was at a party and someone from kazikstan asked why the baby was wearing that necklace, she said in her country people wear that when they are sick. she didn't specify what type of sickness though.

#225 of 225 Old 05-30-2009, 01:02 AM

Thursday girl: Just had to comment...Josephine and Juno look sooo much alike! So adorable!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page