Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   February 2009 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/459-february-2009/)
-   -   PG test, anyone? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/459-february-2009/1078413-pg-test-anyone.html)

Just1More 05-01-2009 12:13 AM

I feel so. sick. Yuck. Amusing because I just said to someone YESTERDAY, "nah, if I were pg, I'd feel sick by now." Hmmm.

And I'm tired, but I did stay up late last night, and it was a long day. Hmmm.

I took a test a week and a half ago, but apparently they can have false positives for the first 8 weeks pp. And there was only the faintest of faint lines, a shadow really. Only enough to say I'd have to take another test to be sure...not definately negative, only not really positive either.

I wouldn't really mind. I don't want to feel sick and tired, but more importantly, I want this baby to be able to nurse for at least a year, and I always dry up in the second trimester. And, uhm, I'd like to lose 30 pounds. I always gain 60 pounds, and it takes me 6 months to get rid of it. I'm well on the way, but...I'd rather not add 60 pounds to where I am now. Maybe I could actually just gain 30 this time.

Oh, and I'm a bit dizzy and easily light-headed, that always happens to me right off, too.

This baby doesn't nurse like the other 2 did, hardly at all if I were to compare, so I don't feel "safe" for as long as I did the first 2 times. In fact, I don't feel "safe" right now.

Sigh...

Anyone else?

heinz28 05-01-2009 03:37 AM

Wow, really!? How many kids do you have and how close were they?

Were you trying to conceive or just letting things happen?

Just curious. I understand about the weight gain/loss too. When I think about getting pregnant again, I already bemoan losing the weight again afterward!

Let us know how it turns out!

Nillarilla 05-01-2009 12:56 PM

I got AF back and now I'm terrified I'm going to get pg again so I've kind of been avoiding sex . As soon as my babes go 6hrs without nursing I get AF back and this usually happens at 8wks or so.
I cannot imagine being pg now and having 3 kids with 2 of them only 1 yr apart. I need to be back at work before I get pg again or I don't get mat leave again.
Let us know how it goes.

CandyApple 05-01-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillarilla View Post
As soon as my babes go 6hrs without nursing I get AF back and this usually happens at 8wks or so.
Ooh, now you've got me nervous. We've just started going 6-8 hrs at night, but are still exclusively nursing and no AF yet. I hadn't anticipated being fertile so soon. I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating yet, but best be on the safe side.

How are you feeling today, Just1More?

This thread got me thinking, its just about been a year since I conceived Milo. So if something was to happen, then they'd be Irish twins. I'm sooo not ready!

Everrgreen 05-01-2009 06:19 PM

Let us know when you retest!

I still don't have af (thank goodness!), but I have had some ewcm. I would prefer to have my babies spaced out a bit more, but I think having a surprise pregnancy would be exciting (DS was very planned and took a year to conceive). Okay, maybe a surprise in a year from now .

I hope everything works out for you!!

kssinca 05-01-2009 08:15 PM

wow!! We haven't even DTD yet!

dooney 05-01-2009 09:56 PM

I jokingly tell DH I'm pregnant. My nipples suddenly got sore after weeks of successful nursing, and we haven't been using any protection. I've felt sick a little occasionally, too. I had to cancel my pp checkup (where they give the script for BC) because DH lost his job and we only recently got medical cards, so I haven't made an appointment yet. And we DTD lots now that he's unemployed! With my first son, though, I didn't get AF back until he was 14 months old, and even then it was only spotting, and a few months later we were preg again. So I really think it's just wishful thinking, lol! I will get a test before I start any BC though, just in case.

Just1More 05-02-2009 02:35 AM

There's 26 months between my first two, and 21 months between the second and third.

My body usually starts to get into gear when I'm nursing for less than 9 hours as day. That was around 14 months with my first, and 7 months with my second. My third doesn't nurse near that. She nurses less than 3 hours in a day. (10 minutes every other hour, sometimes a bit more).

But, I dunno. I didn't feel a bit pg today...

I'm probably not, but the thought...whew.

justKate 05-06-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Let us know when you retest!

I still don't have af (thank goodness!), but I have had some ewcm. I would prefer to have my babies spaced out a bit more, but I think having a surprise pregnancy would be exciting (DS was very planned and took a year to conceive). Okay, maybe a surprise in a year from now .

I hope everything works out for you!!
Oooo I agree! I would love a surprise next time around. We're going to wait until a year from now to "let things happen" but I like the idea of children close in age.

JosieAK 05-06-2009 07:48 PM

I really don't want to be pregnant again this soon. I feel like I'd be cheating Clara. Pregnancy and Babyhood are so exhausting, I can't imagine trying to do them both at the same time!

AF returned at 8 weeks, so now I am 5 days late for what would be my second PP period (if I returned to my regular as clockwork schedule of 28 days that I had before). I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms though. Although, I didn't have any cramping at 8 weeks, so I don't know if I'd get that again. I haven't noticed anything strange with breastfeeding. I've been bone tired lately, but I've attributed that to moving in to a house while parenting a 3 month old day and night. I guess we'll see. If I don't see anything in a day or so, I'll send DH for a pregnancy test. The not knowing is awful.

If I am pregnant, I will really need to up my mineral intatake. I really did a number on my teeth last time, and I think it's because I was mineral deficient, even though I was on some excellent supplimets.

Does anyone have any experience with AF being more irregular after your first baby or while nursing? Does it ever go away again or delay if the baby starts nursing more? Thanks.

I will probably post something in family planning too.

JesiLynne 05-07-2009 04:15 PM

ACKKKKKKKKKKk

JosieAK 05-07-2009 11:09 PM

Not pg! At least according to my pg test this AM! Phew! I'm trying to find out what's going on. I did read this tidbit online along with some stuff at KellyMom that says that early AF PP often is not fertile. Interesting. All of the mainstream stuff online didn't say that! I have more research to do.

Funny thing is, my husband was excited about the possibility of another babe so soon. I'm thankful for now that I'm not--I would be crushed if BF became difficult and couldn't give Clara at least a year and I'd feel like I was cheating her to be tired and nurturing a second babe already, but I actually had a tiny twinge of disappointment with the negative pg test. I'll be ready for what God gives me, but I hope it's a little later!

Lisanne 05-08-2009 01:25 PM

I'm scared that I might be fertile again too. No AF yet, but there have been some PMS signs this last week so we'll see. Time to be more careful. I CAN'T get pregnant now. We have to leave Germany in December.

Just1More 05-09-2009 09:19 AM

And the answer is....NO.

That's good. I'd love to be pg, and to have more children, but it really would be very, very soon. The next year is going to be rough for us, and I'm thankful not to add the exhaustion of pregnancy.

How's everyone else?

onelilguysmommy 05-16-2009 09:49 PM

im glad youre doing well and dont hve the extra streain right now. i havent had sex yet ( not for not wanting it, believe me ;lol hes just not here.) so this isnt happening to me but i can see it happening. i was kinda of worried after my second some at first. i got my period back at almost 8mo then was pregnant again at 9mo!