#31 of 55 Old 06-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle13 View Post
we like Jude...oh and LionTigerBear...I'm only 10 dpo too
OT:

Did you get a BFP yet? I am now 12 dpo (I think) and tested again this morning and still nada. I feel pretty despondent about the whole thing. I mean I can list off all of my symptoms . . . I'll spare you . . . I feel stupid feeling SO pregnant and having nothing to show for it. : 'Kay I'll shut up now . . .

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Jewely would have been Jude if she was a boy.

I like it better for a girl now.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#33 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 AM

We have a long time to decide but two of my favorite girl names are Fionna and Sylvia

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#34 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 AM

I've got a German DH, so it's pretty much just German names on our list:

For a girl, it would be Sabine or Ilse
For a boy, it would be Karsten or Carsten
#35 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post

Cady Meredith Juniper Smith doesn't really sound good. or what about
Cady Meredith Jolie Smith is it just too much? (jolie is my other sisters middle name)
I like the second one. I think it would be really sweet if our girls shared a name!
#36 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 AM

I love name threads!

Here are our names:

Girl - this is pretty much decided:

Adeline Gayle

Boy - we aren't sure about these names:

Wyatt Philip - DH's favourite

Henry Philip - my favourite, I think

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#37 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

ok question---- Is the initials W.W.W.S. too much?

I really like the name combo and the only thing holding me back is the initials.

I like adeline, henry, ilse, and karston

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#38 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post
ok question---- Is the initials W.W.W.S. too much?

It depends on how much monogramming you plan to do. I was going to say that if you really love a name, I don't think you should let the intials affect your choice. Then I remembered that our children aren't going to have both of our last names, one of the reasons I am resistant to hyphenating (aside from the fact that I don't like it generally) is that our last names both begin with "S" and I have a hard time thinking about S.S. being part of our kid's intiatls.
#39 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

YEAH THAT'S WHY I WON'T DO AN s NAME. (opps capslock)

#40 of 55 Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post

As for names we are trying not to get too attached to things right now. I think it is a girl and we have a few we like. The boy name will be the challenge for us b/c our son is named Wolfgang and what the heck goes with Wolfgang ??? I don't want a Hanz or Ludwig. Suggestions?
Tobias?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#41 of 55 Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 PM

We aren't deciding 100% for sure on a name until the baby is here unless the baby gives us some sign of his/her name (or their names if I have twins )

Right now we have Tobias...

For a boy...
My list: Bohan, Ezra, Linus or Zion
DPs list: Ezra, Isaac, Linus, Mordecai, or Samson

For a girl...
My list: Adria, Casiphia or Delilah
DPs list: Azaria, Casiphia or Delilah

We also have picked two middle names to go with each. We hope to narrow down the boys list a little more... and possibly choose a winner of the girl "A" names... but other than that we want to have 3-4 choices for each at the time of birth (we aren't finding out the gender before hand). Satisfies my craving to search for names and still allows the baby to name her/himself.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#42 of 55 Old 06-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Everyone has such pretty and unique names!

DH and I were doing some name talk last night. We are pretty set on Adeline for a girl, but if this baby is a boy we're in trouble. I thought of two more names I like for a boy:

Brandt

Reed

I love the name Brandt, but 'Brant' is a very common last name where I live. So that might not work.

I think we may need to flip thru a baby name book for boy names.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#43 of 55 Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 AM

Of those mentioned I realy like Adeline, Karsten, Henry, Linus, and Ezra. Adeline is on our list. Henry would be but DH just nixxed it. *pout*

Have you all heard of the syllable naming theory? It's the idea that in general, the most pleasing-sounding names have an even number of syllables.

For instance Adriana Smith (5 syllables) would be not as pleasing as Adriana Roberts (6 syllables); and Adeline Smith (4 syllables) sounds better than Adeline Roberts (5 syllables).

Our last name is one syllable so both of my boys have three-syllable first names, and also two syllable middle names, so that their names will sound even whether you say the first and last or the whole thing. Some people think I'm all little bit too obsessed . . . .

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#44 of 55 Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

I just bought this baby naming book ($4, i love sales) that says it will help you pick the very best name by looking at phonemes, and rhythm, rhyming, assonance, and alliteration, etc. It is pretty cool. It has lists of names to go with each phoneme , and different rhythms like Iambs, trochee's, etc.

#45 of 55 Old 06-10-2008, 05:15 PM

With our last pregnancy we weren't sure what her name would be until we saw her. We had it down to Adeleine (Addy) or Eleanor (Nora). We saw her and just knew she was an Eleanor.

I thought we'd go with Adeleine for our next baby if it were a girl, but now I'm kinda stuck on Charlotte or Molly. I really like names that can be shortened in unusual ways, but I can't think of a long version of Molly.

If it's a boy we're thinking Robert Irving (dh's middle name, my dad's first name). Or Silas Irving.
#46 of 55 Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeAnThem View Post
I can't think of a long version of Molly.
Molly is actually the nickname for Mary, so you could use a form of Mary, Maria, Marianna or something like that. Or use something else like Amalia which has the right sound in it.
#47 of 55 Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 PM

Had Guinevere been a boy, her name would've been Simon, but I'm afraid it's just too popular now. No clue on boy names honestly. There are many I like (Felix, Linus, Simon, Sebastian, Oscar, etc.) but none that I've seriously thought about really.

I'd assumed that if we had another girl at some point, her name would be Cordelia, but now I'm not so sure. I love the name Melisande but fear for pronunciation issues. Cordelia's a family name and complements Guinevere nicely, I think, but I'm not 100% on it any longer.

Glad we have a long while yet to find the perfect name.

And FYI, here's a link to the social security database, if you're interested in seeing how popular a name is:

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#48 of 55 Old 06-10-2008, 06:37 PM

I'm stalking this thread. We need a boys name and are stuck... our last name begins with J...

DS#1 Keller Michael J

Girls Name Possibilities:
Norah Elizabeth J
Amelia Elizabeth J

Boys Names - we only have a middle name
(First Name) Owen J

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#49 of 55 Old 06-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
Molly is actually the nickname for Mary, so you could use a form of Mary, Maria, Marianna or something like that. Or use something else like Amalia which has the right sound in it.
I was trying to convince DH of that last week- that Molly is a nickname for Mary, but he didn't believe me. Now I have outside confirmation- lol! That's one of the reasons I really like Molly- my mom's name is Mary. I like Emmaline shortened to Molly or Mali, but DH didn't like it.

Racheal! Eleanor (Nora) Elizabeth is my daughter's name. My mom calls her NoraBeth, which I think is really cute.
#50 of 55 Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM

All we have on the boy list is Silas or Ian/Ean.

For girls maybe Isabel, but it's very popular. I like Carys, but can't talk hubby into it. He likes Stephanie and can't talk me into it

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

#51 of 55 Old 06-11-2008, 10:31 PM

It's funny we spent sooooooooooooooooooo much time looking for the perfect name for #1. And #3 got the 2 left over names from #1. OUr kid's names now are Aine (An-ya), Hollis and Lillian, all family names or versions of. Aine is the Irish version of Ann (my name and I'm named after my grandma and my grandma is Irish).

We like old-fashioned style family names but we have almost ran out of family names that we like. I said I couldn't have another boy because I have a hard time finding a boy's name we like but we do have some that we like.

Girls: Margaret, Mabel, Frances, Fern, Hazel (DH only goes for the first of these names), Jane, June (too bad, wrong month)

Boys: Oren, Silas, Warren, Lewis, Rowan, Ronan, Arthur

I LOVE looking at names but I haven't found any new ones yet. But I love reading other's ideas.

homeschool.gif Homeschooling Mama to 4 little ones:  DD 9, DS 7, DD 4, DS 23 months, and another one due 3/2011.
#52 of 55 Old 06-11-2008, 10:48 PM

www.nymbler.com is a GREAT site for suggesting names. You can enter up to 6 names that you like (boys or girls), and it will make page after page of suggestions.

A very good time-waster too.

ETA: And if you're looking for the origins of names (including nicknames like Molly for Mary), www.behindthename.com is a great resource. Be warned though if it lists the origin as "English Modern" then it's likely a made-up name.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#53 of 55 Old 06-12-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
I really like Brigitta, Audrey, Henry, and Oliver.

And I haven't even got a BFP yet. How's that for too early to think about names?

My sons name is Oliver...I think it is such an adorable name. For this one, we haven't even gone there yet. But last time, we didn't have a name picked out or permanently attached to our son until he was a day old. We just like the thrill of procrastination I guess.
#54 of 55 Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 AM

Well since both Ori and Yarrow weren't named until a couple days after birth, I am guesing this babe will share the same fate! My biggest problem is that I teach preschool so I can really see the trends up close! And I see 175 children a week so I also know lots of kids by lots of names over the years!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#55 of 55 Old 06-12-2008, 07:28 AM

For a girl we have agreed on Sofia Angelina but for a boy wre having some trouble decided. We both like Nicholas and Gabriel and William ( my dads name).

I like Oliver
Desmond (desi)
Ricky

He likes Logan
Lucas
Benjamin ( his dads name)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page