Names? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2008, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes a names thread already. I names. share what you've got.

Boy Whitakar William Henry Smith

Girl Cady ? ? Smith

Dh will not discuss names with me until 6 months.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Our girl name is Meredith Rose.
We don't have a boy name yet because we are convinced our baby is a girl.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:13 PM

We've had names picked out for a while.

Boys: Ezekiel "Zeke," Benjamin, Jack

Girls: Olivia, Molly, Alexandra

I try not to get too attached to one name in case the name doesn't fit when we meet him or her. But I really, really LOVE Zeke and can't imagine using any other name.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

I might fit Meredith into my name, it is my twin sisters name. I like it.

I also love Zeke/Ezekial and Molly.

I am trying to decide if I should go with two middle names. DH surprised me by giving Jewely two middle names, and since she had two middle names we Gave Josephine two middle names and I just don't know if I want to do it again. I mean it's hard to get all those names flowing together properly.

(we have
Jewely Lynne Chenoa
Josephine Elizabeth Marie

but

Cady Meredith Juniper Smith doesn't really sound good. or what about
Cady Meredith Jolie Smith is it just too much? (jolie is my other sisters middle name)

then Jewely wnats to name a boy Henry so I thought maybe
Whitaker William Henry,, but again, too much, right?

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:37 PM

I love Zeke, my dad's step-father was named that. He was a pretty cool man, but I don't remember him, he passed away before I was old enough. I've always thought it was a great name, but it would be akward for me to use it (ie, not really naming our son after him, but too close to tell, KWIM?)

We've had a couple of names in mind, but nothing certain yet. I'm always leary of sharing, we have a huge family and intentional or not, names are always being "stolen". There are 3 babies due before ours, so its going to be a long wait. Even then, I really liked waiting till he/she was here to make the final decision.

Can't wait to hear everyone elses!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM

My little girl's middle name WILL be Isis. And a boy, I have no idea.

Both should start with S, since we are Steve, Shana, and Seth already.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM

Although...

I have to be careful. Because with the middle name Isis, a name could easily sound like a disease.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:05 PM

If all goes well, our baby will be Amelia Rylie or Donovan Ryland...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 PM

noooo idea- although hubby likes the name seth...

Jackie and Rafael (4/15/04)
DS (4/25/05) my unschooled airbending pokemon wizard 
DD (10/05/06) my spirited pixie, who weaned at 3 yrs 10 months
DD (7/27/09) my UC water baby - I mean toddler!

DS (2/21/12) UC #2! My littlest love

Old 06-01-2008, 09:55 PM

If we have boy's there might be a lot of zeke's around here that is one of our names too

Mommy to Abigail 2/09hearts.gif and Ollie 3/11energy.gif

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
If all goes well, our baby will be Amelia Rylie or Donovan Ryland...

That's so sweet.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 PM

We're thinking possible names might be Benjamin Daniel or Caroline Jean. The first names are just names we like and the middle names are family names.

DH is convinced it is a boy and I'm feeling major boy vibes at this point too.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:46 PM

I really shouldn't post here, since I am thinking that I am not pg after all...but haven't given up stalking yet, since I am not sure

I doubt anyone is ready for the unconventional-ness of our names yet, lol. We have had the name Reznor Keenan picked out for either boy or girl. We also like the name Marley Shamaya for a girl and Jericho Nole for a boy.

Marilyn, married to my soulmate Jay and mommy to Elijah Blaze 08/04/2003 and Mila Soleil 10/02/2011 . 
Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn82 View Post
I doubt anyone is ready for the unconventional-ness of our names yet, lol. We have had the name Reznor Keenan picked out for either boy or girl. We also like the name Marley Shamaya for a girl and Jericho Nole for a boy.
I really like the names you have so far. We have not decided on any names yet... I like one for a girl but he doesn't like it.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 PM

we both like Ryan for a boy- but not sure on a middle name- probably a family one.

For a girl- I like Ruby or Susanna

I laid dibs on naming this one though since DH named the other 2. He did good- but I still put dibs on it.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 PM

We have a boy name and a girl name that we like--but imo it is always subject to change!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Last night, dh said he likes Marek and Emrick for boys. Douglas would be the middle name.
For a girl, there are too many names I like to be listed right now!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM

I really like Brigitta, Audrey, Henry, and Oliver.

And I haven't even got a BFP yet. How's that for too early to think about names?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 06-02-2008, 10:35 PM

Caitlin, you just freaked me out by posting here! I was like, I can't believe she posted in a DDC without announcing a pregnancy! But then I read your post and calmed down! Hoping for your bfp, though!

Wife to D (12/03) and totally smitten Mama to DD (4/05) DS (2/09) and expecting DD#2  6/23/11
Old 06-03-2008, 10:39 AM

: Thanks, Kelly!!!

I think I'm about 10 dpo now. When do you think I should try again? I don't want to keep buying tons of tests.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM

Hey Caitlin! I was surprised to see you here too! If you are patient enough I would wait until 14DPO so you don't waste $ on tests but this is coming from someone who has taken three tests in the past four days LOL! And FWIW I got a BFP on 11DPO.

As for names we are trying not to get too attached to things right now. I think it is a girl and we have a few we like. The boy name will be the challenge for us b/c our son is named Wolfgang and what the heck goes with Wolfgang ??? I don't want a Hanz or Ludwig. Suggestions?

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post

As for names we are trying not to get too attached to things right now. I think it is a girl and we have a few we like. The boy name will be the challenge for us b/c our son is named Wolfgang and what the heck goes with Wolfgang ??? I don't want a Hanz or Ludwig. Suggestions?
Johann
Helmut
Dieter
Old 06-03-2008, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! See the thing is that my husband's family is German and Wolfie is named after his great-great-uncle, however it all kind of started as a joke--we would refer to my pregnant belly as Wolfie and then after a few months my DH said "I actually kind of like it". So we went with it.
I love his name and that it shows his heritage but I don't necessarily want all strongly German names. There are a ton of other boys names I like--Eben, Caleb, Declan, Thomas.... but they all seem very different from Wolfgang. I do like Johann and I also like Augustine which isn't necessarily German but is sort of classical sounding.

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! See the thing is that my husband's family is German and Wolfie is named after his great-great-uncle, however it all kind of started as a joke--we would refer to my pregnant belly as Wolfie and then after a few months my DH said "I actually kind of like it". So we went with it.
I love his name and that it shows his heritage but I don't necessarily want all strongly German names. There are a ton of other boys names I like--Eben, Caleb, Declan, Thomas.... but they all seem very different from Wolfgang. I do like Johann and I also like Augustine which isn't necessarily German but is sort of classical sounding.
I sometimes worry about the sibling names' "matching" but I've decided to just choose whichever name I like the best. We spend so much of our lives as adults where our siblings' names aren't constantly matched with ours (I can't tell you the name of most of my IRL's friends' siblings), so it's not really a problem for them. It can feel like a problem to us because we want the names to sound good in sequences since we will be saying the names so much, etc., but I have talked myself into feeling like it's not a requirement that the names "match."

Btw, I LOVE Augustine or August or Augustin. ;-)
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Clovermom!!! I'm not using your name sice I'm not sure if you want us to use that or not . . . anyway, I've actually been thinking about you all spring and I keep wanting to plan a playdate but we've been so busy! :P

Anyway, I think Wolfgang is a strong and distinctive name, so a strong distinctive name of another heritage could "match". Or as they say on "What Not To Wear"-- "It doesn't match, it goes." Although I do think Sebastien would "match" nicely . . .

So what makes a name strong and distinctive? Well, I think Wolfgang is a strong name for two reasons-- all of those consonants, and a strong meaning. And distinctive because the name is unusual as a name these days but strongly recognizable. So if you find another name you like that fits those same characteristics, then it should "match" pretty well!

Here are some ideas--

Lucian (light)
I like Declan, I think it fits right in
Berenger (courage of a bear)
Orion (after the constellation)
Benedict (blessing; also the pope)
Ebenezer (means foundation of stone, see 1 Sam 7:12)
Malachi (messenger of God- also the last book of the Old Testament)

Okay that was just off the top of my head, if I think of anymore I'll add them.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Well a girls name we haven't decided on, but we have plenty of time. lol FOr some reason though we HAVE decided & agreed(wow!!) on a boys name. Harrison Reed. It's two family names put together. THis is first for us, we usually have the girl name pciked out first & are floundering for a boys name up unti the u/s date. I havea strong feeling it's a boy but we'll see.

Miranda~SAHM to Rhiannon(10), Arielle(8), & Harrison(3).

Married to my best  friend & expecting baby #4 in June 2013!

homeschool.gif,lactivist.gif,selectivevax.gif,intactivist.gif,homebirth.jpg,pos.gif,familybed1.gif,cd.gif

Old 06-05-2008, 04:44 AM

we like Jude...oh and LionTigerBear...I'm only 10 dpo too

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the suggestions LTB! I had thought of Benedict too and I like Lucian, also Julian. I agree that it doesn't have to "match" as much as "go". Well, we've certainly got lots of time to ponder

Danielle, I like Jude a lot.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Jude is one of our top boy picks too
Old 06-05-2008, 07:45 PM

Last night DH surprised me by asking if I wanted to talk names yet. I LOVE names, so of course we jumped right in! Our top choices are (and we don't really have middle names yet):
Boy - Cedric, Simon, Isaac
Girl - Madeline, Brenna, Brynn

I think it's a girl and DH thinks it's a boy, so it will be fun to see what we have.

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

User Tag List