Is it normal to feel sick at 4.5 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my son I don't remember feeling sick until way later. Then again I was trying to ignore the fact that I was pregnant. I was 20, and knew that me having a baby would go over like a lead balloon. This time I'm happy I feel sick, but man! I wake up feeling nauseas. I got to sleep feeling nauseas. I'm only 4.5 almost five weeks! I'm also peeing constantly I don't remember that happening until way later either. After last month when I felt nothing, and miscarried at five weeks this is much better for my nerves. Now I'm thinking about multiples and sky rocketing hormones. Could vitex be making this happen? I take a really small amount though. I think it's only 30 or 40mg. Just one pill a day.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM

I am going to say yes. I am having symptoms at this point that I didn't get til way later with my first! I puked a week before I tested and have felt sick ever since...bring on the m/s

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#3 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 06:11 PM

With my second two I felt sick before I had a + test. With my third we were preventing and I couldn't figure out why I had pg symptoms.
#4 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel a little queasy and I'm 4 weeks today. I find that eating something at the first sign of nausea helps a little, but the last 2 days that has meant eating almost constantly.
#5 of 16 Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM

I was nauseas and still getting a bfn this time though I knew I was pg because of the nausea. I was really queasy with ds until about 5 months and I remember feeling sick one morning and thought I'd better take a test and it was neg and then I felt sicker as the week went on and took another and that was bfp. I guess it is my sign that I am pg. Wish I had a different one though.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#6 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:30 AM

I'm at 5 weeks 1 day and have been sick for about a week. One day last week I threw up 4 times! Not fun. My nausea is there most of the day...evenings are the only good time for me. My doctor said this is great...a good sign that things are progressing well.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#7 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Good! My husband was starting to think it was all in my head. For me I feel a little sick before I eat, but more so after. Maybe that means a girl this time, since it's pretty the opposite of how I felt with Gabe.

#8 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I feel a little queasy and I'm 4 weeks today. I find that eating something at the first sign of nausea helps a little, but the last 2 days that has meant eating almost constantly.
I'm the same way. I started feeling a little nausea around week 4 (I'm 5.5 now). I keep pretzels or wheat thins on me because it really helps to eat a little bit of something. I have to eat immediately when I get up in the am. and little snacks all day. So far it's the same this time as it was last time- I feel nausea, but haven't actually thrown up. *knock on wood*
#9 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 12:36 PM

I was feeling nauseous by 4 weeks when I was pregnant with my twins, but this time around my only symptoms are peeing a lot and being thirsty all the time. So maybe you do have more than one in there!

Mama to 3 little boys plus someone new in the new year!

#10 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an9elkatie View Post
I was feeling nauseous by 4 weeks when I was pregnant with my twins, but this time around my only symptoms are peeing a lot and being thirsty all the time. So maybe you do have more than one in there!
I also can't decide if I'm a)just getting fat; b)letting my gut hang because I have a good excuse; or c)actually getting a belly already. It seems really early to be getting a belly, even for a 2nd pregnancy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
#11 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

So how are you all functioning? I'm helping my son clean his room today since he's getting a new bed tomorrow. It's been slow progress since mommy has to sit still every few minutes. He keeps asking me why I'm going so slow. LOL. We haven't told him yet.

We're going camping this weekend. With my entire family. If I'm puking in the bushes my mom is going to know. I haven't decided if I'm going to tell her yet. She has a big mouth, and since my entire extended family will be there...

#12 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Glad to know it's not just me. lol I was thinking it was al in my head because I didn't notice any of it until yesterday which ironically is when I took my test & got my bfp. Today though the only thing I was able to not puke back up was big red gum. lol I wasn't sick at all with my girls

Miranda~SAHM to Rhiannon(10), Arielle(8), & Harrison(3).

Married to my best  friend & expecting baby #4 in June 2013!

homeschool.gif,lactivist.gif,selectivevax.gif,intactivist.gif,homebirth.jpg,pos.gif,familybed1.gif,cd.gif

#13 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeAnThem View Post
I also can't decide if I'm a)just getting fat; b)letting my gut hang because I have a good excuse; or c)actually getting a belly already. It seems really early to be getting a belly, even for a 2nd pregnancy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
you know what it probably is or at least what it was with my second & now again this time is ALOT of water retention & bloating. My clothes are all tight already & I know I'm not gaining. lol

Miranda~SAHM to Rhiannon(10), Arielle(8), & Harrison(3).

Married to my best  friend & expecting baby #4 in June 2013!

homeschool.gif,lactivist.gif,selectivevax.gif,intactivist.gif,homebirth.jpg,pos.gif,familybed1.gif,cd.gif

#14 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabens View Post
you know what it probably is or at least what it was with my second & now again this time is ALOT of water retention & bloating. My clothes are all tight already & I know I'm not gaining. lol
Oh, I hadn't thought about that possibility. I'll go with that option, I like it better than all the others.
#15 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Yep, me too!

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#16 of 16 Old 06-05-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabens View Post
I was thinking it was al in my head because I didn't notice any of it until yesterday which ironically is when I took my test & got my bfp.
I feel so sick right now, and I was thinking this too. I think before I got the bfp, I was dismissing the queasy feeling as something else and as soon as I realized it was pregnancy I stopped dismissing it. Ugh. I just don't feel good, and we have a huge group of people coming for dinner tonight. Just the thought of being around food right now, any kind of food, completely grosses me out. I can't imagine sitting down with a bunch of other people and eating! I hope I don't have to run for the bathroom too many times, because we haven't told anyone yet.

Sarah , wife to Tyson :, SAHM to Landon (5), Coleson (3), and new baby boy due any day!

User Tag List