possible infection - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-03-2008, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I came home for lunch today about 1:30, ate a little and then took a nap on the couch. I was exhausted and could not go back to work. Well I woke up feeling pretty crappy. Took my temp and it was 99.6--and I usually run in the low 98 range. I am worried that I might have a staph infection. I had the MRSA staph (skin) about 6 weeks ago--and I ran a low grade fever and was really tired. I am nervous though cause I had to go on heavy duty antibiotics to get rid of it. To complicate it I can't really see the "bump" I suspect is the staph--weird spot on my bottom that I can't really see well.
(I need a better mirror). My dr is not in the office tom., so I am waiting until thursday to have it looked at--the other two drs are males and one of them I CAN'T STAND. So anyway--send some good vibes this way---

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#2 of 5 Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 PM

hugs, mamamillet. i hope you don't have staph!

let us know how your appt. goes!
#3 of 5 Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM

:h mama, how scary! I wish you healthy and healing vibes!!

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
#4 of 5 Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

The dr. is sure that it is indeed another staph infection. Most likely it never fully left or i have "colonized" it somewhere on my by body. The "bump" got worse over the past two days--quickly became an abcess--it had to be lanced today--not fun. I am taking the anibiotics cause mrsa is just not something I want to mess with--it is a cat b drug. I also have a yeast infection--which will also get much worse with the antibiotic--I bought some monistat cause I am miserable- I have been taking probiotics for two days ans eating yougurt, and using yogurt topically--My first pregnany I made it the whole time without taking anything except my vitamins--and tums later on. I am bummed about having to take drugs right now. Ds's b-day is this weekend and I have so much to do but have just felt like crap for two days now--ugh!!
Sorry for the vent...

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#5 of 5 Old 06-07-2008, 07:54 PM

Mama I'm just reading this now... I hope you start to feel better soon *hugs*

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page