1st timer, spotting, kind of freaking out - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry in advance if TMI but I'm kind of freaking out. I started spotting brown just a tiny bit on Tuesday continuing all the way until today. I only really notice it when I wipe, except there was a fair amount last night.

I'm also not feeling any symptoms- less bloated, less crampy, less nip soreness. I know that red blood=bad and brown is usually ok but I'm concerned because this is going on three days. I did work out pretty hard on Sunday and Tuesday- can that contribute to spotting??

Sorry, I am such a worrywart and having never been through this before I'm not sure what to expect. I'm 5w 4 days. The symptoms going away seems sort of ominous.

TIA

Cara
#2 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM

First thing I would do is call your Dr./Midwife and let them know, they may have some insight.

Over doing it can contribute to spotting. Drink a lot of water and rest up as much as you can for a few days, ya know, stay off your feet.

I spotted frequently during my first tri-mester with my first baby, he was fine. I hope the same for you

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#3 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM

I've also been spotting some. Mine started the day before i found out i was pregnant, just a little bit of brownish. It went for about a week and then stopped for 2 days, then started again, this time light pink. Somewhere in all that, I went to the midwife for the first time and she said that as long as it doesn't progress to heavy red bleeding with cramping, its probably o.k. And half of people with heavier bleeding and cramping still have normal pregnancies other than that.
i've also not been having many symptoms other than tiredness, bloating occasionally, and a general achiness throughout my abdomen (not just over the uterus-midwife says probably gas-TMI? who cares at this point?).
So I'm feeling a little discouraged sometimes, too.
But also staying positive for the most part, because stress and negative thoughts can't be good for any pregnancy.....

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
#4 of 10 Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback... I'm going to the doc tomorrow morning and hopefully all will be well.
#5 of 10 Old 06-06-2008, 09:23 AM

I spotted in my first pg at about 5.5 wks or so after my dh and I had sex. It was scary, but it can happen from all the extra blood in the cervix/uterus. Everything turned out fine. (Though I am keeping my legs crossed until I am further along this time...)
#6 of 10 Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 PM

Thinking of you Mama... I hope all is well

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#7 of 10 Old 06-07-2008, 09:57 PM

Jumping in from the Dec. DDC -

This is my 2nd PG and with both I've had wierd spotting - more than just a little spotting, but not enough to call it a normal AF. With my first, even though we were trying, I thought I just had an "off" AF - I didn't find out I was PG until 7 weeks 2 days because I thought I had had AF.

DD is perfectly healthy, born after her due date and I had the *easiest* PG EVER with her.

This time, the MW put me on Prometrium, a progesterone, because the initial US (wasn't sure of dates, plus the spotting, so I had an early US) indicated a weak sac and the blood work showed my progesterone numbers a bit on the lower side of normal.

So far, so good with this PG.

I hope the same is true for you!

Oh, and don't worry about symptoms seeming to fade - After some intial queasiness, I really felt wonderful through my entire 1st PG and other than swelling at the end, I had zero complaints/symptoms (other than weight gain).
#8 of 10 Old 06-08-2008, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all... I've been staying away from the message boards for the past few days because I think they make me worry more . My dr. basically said look, is there anything you can do to control or change the outcome of this pregnancy? No. So it is what it is. He said that it could be totally normal, or it could be a problem, but there's really no changing it. As much as that wasn't what I wanted to hear (of course I was hoping to hear an unequivocal "I'm sure everything's fine"), it is the truth. He gave me a script to get an early ultrasound but recommended I wait until the end of this week at the soonest- preferably early next week.

Till then I'm just trying to chill, not worry too much and take everything as it comes.
#9 of 10 Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipmama View Post
I spotted in my first pg at about 5.5 wks or so after my dh and I had sex. It was scary, but it can happen from all the extra blood in the cervix/uterus. Everything turned out fine. (Though I am keeping my legs crossed until I am further along this time...)
This happened to me yesterday. I freaked called the dr. she said, I am most likely okay, & no sex for the next 6 weeks. (which is fine with me since my sex drive seems to have gone off somewhere on vacation since I have been pregnant).
Hugs to you Caralyn and like some of the previous posters said try and relax and not worry too much

Mommy to Abigail 2/09hearts.gif and Ollie 3/11energy.gif

#10 of 10 Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Caralyn, it sounds like you and I are in about the same situation. My midwife offered to do an ultrasound to try and find the cause of the bleeding, but says she won't be able to get much useful information until next week. So for now i'm just waiting, hoping, staying optimistic.
It's good to hear that others have been through this and everything turned out o.k.

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page