Having to shop already - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm packing today for a family reunion. In the last year I've lost 40 pounds. Two weeks ago I went shopping and bought size ten jeans. I was excited, because I have tons of smaller size shorts. Today I was going to pull them out and try them on. The elevens fit everywhere but in the belly! Maybe I'm just bloated and dehydrated, but man! I know my size ten jeans fit on Monday. I'll have to pull them out of the wash and see if they fit still. I can't find my maternity shorts. My size fourteens have a big old rip in the back. : I guess I'm going shopping tonight.

I'm up a pound too, but I think it's just because it's so hot. At least I'm hoping.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#2 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Congrats on losing all that weight, what an accomplishment!! Can you do unbuttoned shorts with a belt or use a rubberband around the button to stay in your size 11s?

But hey, any excuse to go shopping...
#3 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

I drank some water and put them back on. I got them buttoned, but I think it may just be the cut of the shorts. They are high waisted. They just don't fit right. The jeans I bought are low rise. I've lost some tummy tone lately, because I paranoid about running while pregnant. I'm going to continue walking and got get a stability ball this week. I'm a member of babyfit.com. I'll probably have to go half way and buy a pair of twelves. That way I have some growing room. I bought all sorts of cut shirts a few weeks ago, and they just don't look right with running shorts. I'm just happy I'll have time with those since they are that wonderful tunic style.

#4 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 12:40 PM

I really need to get out and walk more. It's just so dang hot these days! Maybe dh and I can start walking in the evening before dd's bath time.

I've been feeling sort of lucky that the current style is loose, blousy peasant tops and the empire waist shirts. I'm slightly overweight, so last time my baby belly just looked like a belly until nearly 7 months! I had to walk around with my hand on my tummy all the time to make it obvious I was pregnant.
#5 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight this last month. I'm still squishier than I was before though. As far as the walking goes I got a very large black lab this last winter that needs to walked or she goes nuts. It's good motivation. Plus joining babyfit.com. I was working on sparkpeople, but babyfit is their pregnancy site. I hate most of the mainstream articles on both of them, but I like having a site to track my food, calories, water intake, all those good things.

#6 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Congrats on the 40lb weight loss, that's awesome!!

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
#7 of 8 Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Congratulations on the weight loss. I know how you feel about having just bought clothes though- I went on a somewhat serious shopping spree 2 weeks before I poas- I am confident that I will get some good out of my new jeans though- they are all pretty low waisted. Last pg I had to scoot into maternity pants at 6 weeks and at about 13 weeks I went back to my regular jeans until 30ish weeks. It is all about the the stretchy lowrise.

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#8 of 8 Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 PM

I am so thankful that I own so many stretchy skirts... I don't think it's going to be long before I pop. It's funny because I took FOREVER with my first... and everyone warned me that my second would be the opposite.

Thank goodness it's summer and skirt time

On the upside... have fun picking out some new clothes

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page