Weekly chat thread 6/15 to 6/21 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 06-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kayaking for 8 hours not a good idea! I went kayaking yesterday for what I thought would be about 5 hours of easy paddling. Well we ended up going way further then expected and we were paddling for over 8 hours. I don't know what I was thinking. I was so exhausted when I got home...still tired today actually. Most people in the group didn't know that I am pregnant so figured I could do it. I don't have the energy for 8 hours anymore!:yawning:

It was great paddling though! I saw foxes on the beach, sea otters all over, tons of puffins, and whales!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#92 of 102 Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 PM

AKislandgirl ~ I did a 5K today and I think I'm going to be feeling it for awhile too. It was enjoyable.. just maybe too much.

MrsRoss ~ I've been that way with food too lately. I'll start eating because I'M SO HUNGRY then I kinda feel icky halfway through and stop. How frustrating!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#93 of 102 Old 06-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Welcome to all the newcomers! Congrats!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#94 of 102 Old 06-21-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enudely View Post
I cannot even fathom going to the gym! I can barely get off my couch!
OMG I just realized you're Enudely! We were in the April 06 DDC together.

Hi, Mama!

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#95 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
OMG I just realized you're Enudely! We were in the April 06 DDC together.

Hi, Mama!
hi!!

our due date club totally died, it'll be fun to have another one!

mama to dd (4-15-06) and
ds (2-23-09)
#96 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enudely View Post
hi!!

our due date club totally died, it'll be fun to have another one!
No kidding! :-)

#97 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hey ... a question for the mama's who've been pregnant before:
Do you seek out your cravings and avoid your aversions, or just eat for the sake of eating?
And if you start to get queasy halfway through something, do you stop eating it or finish it and trust that the nausea will pass?
And is it better to just throw up, or do things to avoid it (warm bath, belly rub, calming breathing)?

Ok, so that was more than one question ... Thanks in advance!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#98 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM

LOL...I don't know if you "should" throw up or not, but I try desperately to avoid it. I hate throwing up with a passion, so I do everything I can at the very start of nausea to avoid the throwing up part. :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#99 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM

With me, I generally try to avoid feeling nauseous. With my last pregnancy, I didn't ever feel sick, I just started vomiting in my second trimester. I would go into the bathroom, blow my nose, throw up and brush my teeth. I didn't feel sick, it just happened that way.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#100 of 102 Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
Do you seek out your cravings and avoid your aversions, or just eat for the sake of eating?
And if you start to get queasy halfway through something, do you stop eating it or finish it and trust that the nausea will pass?
And is it better to just throw up, or do things to avoid it (warm bath, belly rub, calming breathing)?

I listened to my body, as long as it wasn't a dangerous thing (like craving sand or something icky, which thankfully never happened to me). For instance, last time around I craved turkey sandwiches, BAD, despite having been a vegetarian for over 12 years. I gave in, but bought the free-range, organically-fed turkey. Best dang turkey sandwich I've ever had. :-) Zero regrets. It's what my body needed. So I ate it.

I couldn't stand the notion of peanut butter. So I avoided it.

I think if you're craving a certain food and it's not horrible for you, then go for it. If you're craving a certain food and it is very bad for you (like loaded up with nitrates, or artificial colors or preservatives, etc.) then try to find a healthier version of that food. I crave sour/sweet things and Sweettarts would fit the bill great if they weren't so awful for you. So I eat dried peaches instead. Much better for me, but fills that sweet/sour need.

If some foods turn you off, then don't eat them. Find something that's nutritionally similar that can can tolerate and eat that instead. Absolutely no need to torture yourself. There are plenty of nutritional foods out there.

Regarding vomiting, sometimes it can make you feel better just to get it over with, but I agree with AllyRae. If it's possible to avoid the nausea to begin with, that's the way to go. Sometimes I do eat things I'm not 100% craving or really wanting right then (like saltine type crackers) -- just a bite or two, to stave off the nausea, because I know it works.

#101 of 102 Old 06-23-2008, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

I definitely listen to my cravings and aversions.
If my tummy tells me to stop eating, I stop.
I try to avoid throwing up at all costs because I HATE throwing up.
#102 of 102 Old 06-23-2008, 02:56 PM

Hey everyone sorry I've been out for a while but nausea hit me sooo hard last week. Plus I feel tired all the time. I take naps on my free time like no other...hehe. Anyway thank you all so much for answering my question on belly binding. I was already planning on doing it and didn't even know it. That is a huge part of my culture (Brazillian). My mom, my grandma, and aunts all did it. I'm doing it for sure too.
As far as the nausea feeling when I used to throw up before I was pregnant over something that made me feel sick I instantly felt better afterward. However I have a feeling that if I throw up now I won't feel better lol...I have nausea so bad that's enough to get me in the bathroom but then nothing happens. I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling sick halfway through my food...lol.

Dreams- I checked those books out at my library...so excited to read them

Welcome to any newcomers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page