my pulse is so strong... - Mothering Forums
February 2009 > my pulse is so strong...
juliebelle's Avatar juliebelle 05:13 PM 07-02-2008
when i lay down i feel my body pulsing...it feels like my heart is beating so strong and hard....is this normal? i don't remember this before.

daisyem's Avatar daisyem 06:20 PM 07-02-2008
Hoping someone can answer if it is normal, because I am noticing the SAME thing. I've never noticed it before with previous preg. either....

Congrats! It looks like our kiddos are just about the same ages!
juliebelle's Avatar juliebelle 06:35 PM 07-02-2008
yes...same genders too.

midwife friend just said it sounds normal to her...not to worry. she said it seemed a little early for it to be doing that...but normal.
G&B'sMama's Avatar G&B'sMama 08:34 PM 07-02-2008
I felt it in both my pregnancies, but especially in my first. I haven't felt it yet, but I will only be at 6 weeks tomorrow- I am sure that closer to the end of my first trimester I will feel it too. For me I always felt like I could feel the blood pumping through my body. Apparently, part of the weight gain that happens in pregnancy is that the body manufactures extra blood- so the heart is doing more work.
juliebelle's Avatar juliebelle 08:41 PM 07-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B'sMama View Post
I felt it in both my pregnancies, but especially in my first. I haven't felt it yet, but I will only be at 6 weeks tomorrow- I am sure that closer to the end of my first trimester I will feel it too. For me I always felt like I could feel the blood pumping through my body. Apparently, part of the weight gain that happens in pregnancy is that the body manufactures extra blood- so the heart is doing more work.
yea...i'm not 6 weeks yet either...my midwife friend actually asked "are you having twins b/c it'd be more normal to feel that early if you're having twins" hahahaha...oh boy!
nighten's Avatar nighten 12:34 PM 07-03-2008
Totally normal. Increased blood production and flow, and all that jazz.
vanessab23's Avatar vanessab23 07:40 AM 07-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebelle View Post
yea...i'm not 6 weeks yet either...my midwife friend actually asked "are you having twins b/c it'd be more normal to feel that early if you're having twins" hahahaha...oh boy!
seriously? i'd never heard that before.

i remember feeling like this with DS, but this time it started for me soon after I got my BFP, so maybe at 4 weeks.

And anyone feel light-headed when you lay on your back? I remember that, but that was well into my 2nd tri. What the hee-haw?

Maybe I will post in birth pressionals and see what the ladies think....
Lisanne's Avatar Lisanne 05:06 PM 07-06-2008
I had it with my daughter, but I was further along. I've noticed it doesn't take much exercise to get it going now.
lovetobemama's Avatar lovetobemama 12:47 AM 07-07-2008
Not from your DDC, but I was in the Feb 08 DDC, and I had this exact thing with DD. It is usually totally normal. It was really noticeable, especially if I was very still, like when laying down and going to bed at night. It got less noticeable as the pregnancy went on, and is, of course, totally gone now that DD is 4 mos old.
Although it is normal, it can sometimes be a little more pronounced if you are not getting the right balance of vitamins and nutrients, especially calcium and magnesium. I added a supplement of both, and did notice that it seemed to be a bit better.
Hope this helps!
guestmama9922's Avatar guestmama9922 08:39 AM 07-07-2008
i've been feeling it since about 7 weeks. it's so strong I feel it in my stomach!
please don't let it be twins, omg!
Cherry Alive's Avatar Cherry Alive 11:22 AM 07-09-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebelle View Post
No way!!
Georgia_Julia's Avatar Georgia_Julia 03:03 AM 07-18-2008
Hmm, I've been feeling that VERY strongly for several weeks now... like resting my hands ANYwhere on my belly I can feel my pulse so strongly. (I WISH it meant twins for me... u/s showed only one bean in there at 6 weeks... hoping the strong pulse and other symptoms mean it's one very healthy bean!)
Up