Weekly chat july 14-20 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2008, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, so you'll be back and updating us all before I've even finished my first cup of coffee. I'm so not a morning person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trust me, I am not a morning person either. But DH has to go to the shop in the morning, so we had to make it as early as possible. He had an orthopedist appt this morning at 8:30. I was dragging ass all day....

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
Old 07-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Lydia I am so happy you heard the heartbeat, who relaxing.

Eliza it is 9:30 right now, i am thinking of you.

My littlest daughter is sick. I think she has rotovirus...again. On motrin for a fever it is still up at 102.3 (I don't normally give meds for a fever but she was HOT, I mean she is still 102.3 WITH meds. ) I am trying to find a friend my older daughter can visit so she doesn't watch tv all day. PLus she is just sick of sitting at the house, as we have been dealing with this on and off. Older DD had it first, then little one. Then i thought she was better then the poos and fever started in the little one. Luckily it all waited until i was feeling better so I am not having to drag a$$ to take care of them.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:41 AM

After nearly going to the hospital this weekend for dehydration, I somehow managed to survive a few more days! I hate it when I puke my guts out a dozen times in as many hours and I feel like I'd rather die than be pregnant for another moment. I have a single precious Zofran left! I applied for state insurance coverage because my old employer and my husband's employer don't offer health with maternity benefits. Private insurance, don't get me started, costs more than what we make! So I haven't had any prenatal care simply because I don't have insurance or a way to pay, it's infuriating! Sorry...

My milk is gone, dried up, not coming back. And my toddler is NOT happy!! I was letting him dry nurse off and on for a week or two, but my nipples are so chapped and my breasts are sore that I really want him to just leave me alone. I'm hoping he gets the hint, lol.

I had a HORRIBLE dream about the new baby last night. He was born 5 monthe premature and his umbilical cord had turned to stone. He was born at home unassisted and at first I thought he was 5lbs, but then I realized he was only as big as my hand and it was more like 5oz! I held him to my chest as I delivered the "stones". We then went to the hospital where he passed away. I have no idea where that came from. I was in tears when I woke up! Not what I had hoped for my first new baby dream, lol.

I'm incredibly nervous about my appointment tomorrow at the health department. They told me to expect them to take 10 vials of blood! Ugh. I'm going to try to talk them down, since I know my type, my immunities, and my lack of STDs. The lady told me to be especially hydrated and eat a heavy meal beforehand, I tried not to laugh in her face. That's an impossible request for someone who's had significant morning sickness for the last SEVEN WEEKS! They also requested 2-3 hours for the appointment. I've been asking around for a babysitter, no kids are allowed. I hope I get to hear the heartbeat! With my first baby I saw the OB at 16wks, my second baby was 14wks, so this time I'll only be 10wks. I'm so nervous!! I'm half hoping that they send me right to the hospital or load me up there with meds and fluids, I just want to feel better...
Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM

Yuck, Courtney! Sounds awful. My DS had a high fever and some vomiting over the weekend but it went away quickly - I hope your girl's does too.

The heart thing - it happens to me all the time. In my first pg I made the mistake of mentioning it to my midwife and ended up having cardiologist appointments and having to wear a stupid heart monitor for two days, all to find out nothing was wrong. I think it's just harder to do anything physical in pregnancy, plus when you're carrying a few extra pounds it makes it harder to lift yourself up steps.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:55 AM

MomtoXane, that sounds awful. My milk dried up, too. It took a lot of hugs and cuddles on my part and a lot of tears on his part, but I have him switched over to a bottle now. He is 20 months old and had never had a bottle before. I have been throwing up a couple of tiomes a day, but I can't imagine a dozen times a day or more! Yuck! I hope things get better for you SOON.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 07-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Oh MomtoXane, what a horrible dream. I've been having vivid dreams lately too, but nothing bad, thank god. Mine have mostly been about work and sex. Probably because I'm getting too much of one and not enough of the other.... Hopefully your brain is sorting through those fears and you won't have to deal with that again.

starling&diesel--That's a GREAT idea--I need to find someone I can feel for comparison sake. I just need to select a victim.

Its so exciting to hear that everyone is getting to hear/see their babies. I'm still having irrational fears about my body just rejecting this baby one day, but the more time goes by the better I feel. Today is my first appointment with the new midwife, so hopefully she will be reassuring and I can start celebrating this and telling everyone soon!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

MomtoXane, I hope tings work out well at the dr's, that seems like a lot of blood. Make sure to tell them you haven't gotten enough liquids, and explain, maybe they can post pone it or take less. Also what a frightening dream. HUgs to you.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 07-22-2008, 03:19 PM

UPDATE- felt baby move for the first time today, 11 weeks and some days. :

Old 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post
Isn't it awesome?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:29 PM

ooooh fun! i can't wait!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post
That's great!!!! I can't wait till I'm there :
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid View Post

The heart thing - it happens to me all the time. In my first pg I made the mistake of mentioning it to my midwife and ended up having cardiologist appointments and having to wear a stupid heart monitor for two days, all to find out nothing was wrong. I think it's just harder to do anything physical in pregnancy, plus when you're carrying a few extra pounds it makes it harder to lift yourself up steps.

CityKid- I agree I mean I figured your body is working extra hard I read harder than someone rockclimbing which is why some women need to rest, and it could also explain the heart thing.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the heart reassurance everyone! It was crazy--apparently I shouldn't run up and down stairs in rapid succession. : I ended up downing about 30 oz of fluids afterwards too just in case I was dehydrated as well....

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 PM

Just stopping by to say goodbye.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowEarthFaerie View Post
Please be gentle with yourself. I am so so sorry.

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:53 PM

Oh Eliza, I'm so sorry. I'm grieving for your little one too. Lots of hugs coming your way...

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM

Eliza- I am very sorry. Please take good care of yourself mama...

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 PM

I'm so sorry, Mama.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
Old 07-23-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Old 07-23-2008, 08:06 AM

Oh no. I'm so sorry...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry.

It seems like we've had so many losses this week. As happy as I am to be here, I sort of feel guilty. I felt the same way when TTC, since this pg came pretty quickly. Of course I'm happy but at the same time I don't feel like I've earned it in the way others have. Anyway.

I hope that everyone who's had a loss so far is healing.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

It seems like we've had so many losses this week. As happy as I am to be here, I sort of feel guilty. I felt the same way when TTC, since this pg came pretty quickly. Of course I'm happy but at the same time I don't feel like I've earned it in the way others have. Anyway.

I hope that everyone who's had a loss so far is healing.
It's called survivor's guilt. I have it too, especially because I was really convinced I was not going to come back from my appointment with good news and instead I heard a heartbeat. It's really unfair and it's so hard to say goodbye to our beloved mamas.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

It seems like we've had so many losses this week. As happy as I am to be here, I sort of feel guilty. I felt the same way when TTC, since this pg came pretty quickly. Of course I'm happy but at the same time I don't feel like I've earned it in the way others have.

Please don't feel that way. Some women get pg easily, I sure do....and some women don't. Some women have losses and some don't. I do however think your awareness to these issues is very admirable and important. Most of the time a loss sneaks up on us and you get slapped in the face with reality. Totally unaware, your innocence is gone.
You deserve your pregnancy just as much as anyone here or anywhere and you should never feel guilty about it!

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:00 PM

I'm so sorry RainbowEarthFaerie.

p.s. this "weekly" thread is well over it's expiration date.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethshimon View Post

p.s. this "weekly" thread is well over it's expiration date.
Uhhh...oh yeah...

User Tag List