The Feb. 2009 Astrology thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been thinking about possible dates my baby might actually be born, due to my due date recently being changed-- and this got me to wondering what the astrology for those days looks like. It's very interesting. All times are Eastern Time, adjust accordingly.

Feb. 1st The Sun will be in Aquarius. The Moon is in Aries. Mercury is in Capricorn, retrograding, but goes direct at 2:20am. Mars is in Capricorn. Venus is in Pisces. Jupiter is in Aquarius and will be there for the rest of the month.

Feb. 2nd the Moon moves into Taurus at 5:07pm. The Sun in Aquarius will form a square to the Moon (half moon) in Taurus at 6:12pm. Sun-square-Moon is considered an inauspicious (difficult, challenging) aspect to have in one's natal horoscope. Late this day, Venus will move into Aries at 11:42pm and will remain there for the rest of the month. [Interestingly, Venus will start retrograding on March 6th and won't go direct until mid April.]

Feb. 3rd the Moon will move into Gemini at 9:13pm.

Feb. 4th Mars moves into Aquarius at 10:55am and will be there for the rest of the month.

Feb. 5th the Moon moves into Cancer at 11:04pm.

Feb. 7th at 11:43pm the Moon moves into Leo.

Feb. 9th the Sun in Aquarius will be in opposition to the full Moon in Leo (9:51 AM EST).

Feb. 10th the Moon will move into Virgo just after midnight at 12:40am.

Feb. 12th the Moon will move into Libra at 3:37am.

Feb. 14th-- Valentine's day-- the Moon will move into Scorpio at 9:55am, Mercury will move into Aquarius at 10:32am. Mercury, which was retrograding in January, and went direct on the 1st, now passes the point where it started retrograding in January.

Feb. 16th the Sun will be in a square aspect to the Moon (half moon) at 4:38pm. This is considered an inauspicious (difficult, challenging) aspect to have in one's natal horoscope. The Moon moves into Sagittarius at 7:53 in the eve.

Feb. 18th the Sun moves into Pisces at 7:46am.

Feb. 19th the Moon moves into Capricorn at 8:25am.

Feb. 21st the Moon moves into Aquarius at 9:05pm.

Feb. 24th the Moon will move into Pisces at 7:56am. The Sun in Pisces and the new Moon in Pisces will be conjunct at 8:34pm.

Feb. 26th the Moon moves into Aries at 4:22pm.

Feb. 28th the Moon moves into Taurus at 10:31pm.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 AM

I think new baby will come on the 9th or the 12th.

Guinevere is an Aries, moon in Cancer, Leo rising. (I harbor secret hopes she'll be a scientist, but I suspect she'll go into acting. )

She's the flip of my mom (and often astrological similarities in families skip a generation), who is a Cancer with a moon in Aries. My dad is a Libra, which is why I'm thinking there might be a Libra moon in there for new baby. But the full moon thing (full moon = sun and moon are in opposition) with Aq/Leo is very strong, and a big possibility.

All of my in-laws are Cancers though, but I don't see new baby coming that early or late, to end up with a Cancer moon.

I honestly don't see new baby having any specific similarities, sun/moon wise to me or my husband. Again, at least in my family, seems like the astrological links skip a generation. My chart is very similar to my paternal grandmother's.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Saturn is in Virgo and will start retrograding in Virgo this December and will remain in retrograde until May of next year. This will be a time for the global conciousness to reexamine resposibilities and consequences regarding human health, and the health and healing of the planet. Furthermore, steps and actions taken toward healing or improvement during the retrograde will probably not be effective. This is more a time for analysis and reconsideration than for action. For all of the children born during this time, these themes will be imprinted in their natal charts as a part of their psyche and character forever. How these themes affect them will depend on the rest of the chart of course.

Uranus will be direct in Pisces in February.

Neptune will be direct in Aquarius.

Pluto will be direct in Capricorn.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#4 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I am hoping to avoid moon in Capricorn since I already have a moon in Capricorn child-- and HOOO boy can you say high maintenance, I mean God bless him he's great and I love him more than anything, wouldn't change him for the world, you know, and his Moon in Cap can be soooo funny sometimes, but I just don't think I can handle ANOTHER one. Moon in Capricorn, unless very well aspected in the chart, tends to cause a fussy, hard-to-please baby and a prone-to-whining-and-comlaining, glass-half-EMPTY kind of personality. (I may be biased because my son's Moon is NOt well-aspected so I have seen the negative side of it!) On the amusing side, it tends to make for a child's personality that is adorabley skeptical and practical ("Dragons can't really fly, mommy. That's silly.") He's also a bit of an "old man" for his age-- very mature for his age but the negative side of this is that he seems to feel a personal responsibility for more than he needs to. Very cautious and careful personality.

My other son is a moon in Scorpio and he is so intense and just SCREAMS when he doesn't get his way-- and can go from sweet hugs and kisses to hitting you and hating you to kissing you and you're his favorite person again-- all within two minutes-- all because he was denied a second helping of cake or some similarly trivial thing-- but honestly I still think the Scorpio moon is easier than the Capricorn moon!

The Moon will be in Capricorn most of Feb 19th, all of the 20th and most of the 21st. And being "due" on the 13th and I will probably go about a week late, I could easily go on one of those days, so I will try not to! Unless of course it "feels" right. I'm sure the baby knows when she needs ot be born. If she IS a Cap-Moon perhaps she will share an extra-special bond with her big brother. They can commiserate and worry together.

#5 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 AM

*laughs*

I have a Moon in Capricorn. It is definitely not easy at times and there is a tendency toward being pessimistic (especially when there are strong water signs in the chart too) or defeatist. But it's less about whining and more about trying to organize and control emotions rather than simply experiencing them. There's a definite love/hate thing with emotions in general I think for Moon in Capricorn.

The whining you're witnessing is likely just the symptom -- the issue is feeling out of control. Moon in Capricorn kids do better when they are able to externalize their emotions into tangible projects with visible results. Not in an avoidance approach, but having some external way to express what they're feeling can help to make sense of confusing or mixed emotions. And provide them with a sense of order and control.

They (like children with strong Virgo energy) also tend to do better when they can establish a structured routine.

I'm sure you know that the Moon is most uncomfortable in Capricorn, and these folks have a very difficult time dealing with emotions in general at times. So while it can be frustrating for you, it is likely doubly so for your child. Being able to express emotions in a tangible manner is key I think.

#6 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
I think new baby will come on the 9th or the 12th.
So let's see . . .

Feb. 9th-- Sun in Aquarius, in opposition to Full Moon in Leo, Mercury in Capricorn, Mars in Aquarius (in opposition to moon also!), Venus in Aries (well-aspected to the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and possibly to Mars, Jupiter and Neptune), Jupiter in Aquarius, Saturn retrograde in Virgo, etc.

Well that seems like a good day-- beneficient and interesting aspects.

Feb. 12th would be a similarly well-aspected day except that Venus in Aries would be in opposition to the Moon in Libra which might be difficult in some regards, but if both were well-aspected otherwise it shouldn't cause the child too much stress.

Both of those would be great days to have a baby. I would point out that it is unusual to give birth before the "due date", though.

#7 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 PM

I had Guinevere one week early (not induced). And I'm looking less at the specific aspects within the birth chart and more at the degrees and aspects by comparison to other charts in the family.

This baby will come when she's ready, regardless. I'm just leaning towards the 9th or 12th, but I admit I haven't studied all the charts lately. Am in no rush.

ETA: So for instance, Sun conj. Mars gives similar tendencies to Sun in Aries (which is Winnie, and shared by several grandparents). The Leo energy plays into strong fifth house activity in three grandparent charts, as well as the ascendant of G's chart. So that sort of thing. But she may very well come on her due date or after, and end up with a Mercury in Aq (shared by me and several other family members), and a Venus conj. her sister's sun. Who knows.

#8 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
. . . there is a tendency toward being pessimistic (especially when there are strong water signs in the chart too) or defeatist.
Yes, he has a Cancer Rising that kind of feeds his Moon in Cap. His moon is in awkward aspect to his Sun in Leo-- they are quincunx-- an aspect for growth and learning but of course he's still young so we are still learning.

I really appreciated your insights into Cap moon, thank you for sharing! I really want to be able to understand and help my little guy.

#9 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So for instance, Sun conj. Mars gives similar tendencies to Sun in Aries (which is Winnie, and shared by several grandparents). The Leo energy plays into strong fifth house activity in three grandparent charts, as well as the ascendant of G's chart. So that sort of thing. But she may very well come on her due date or after, and end up with a Mercury in Aq (shared by me and several other family members), and a Venus conj. her sister's sun. Who knows.
Interesting. In our immediate family (dh, me, and two sons) we all have very similar and many shared positions-- for instance all of us are either Cancer or Scorpio Rising, two of us have Scorpio Moons, two of us are sun in Leos, hmm, can't remember what else. I plan to look into it more. I haven't looked at the older generation as much, but off the top of my head I know that all of the grandparents that the children are actually close to are either Cancers or Cancer risings. The Scorpio/Cancer thing seems to be a strong theme in our family.

#10 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 12:46 PM

Do you happen to have any January ones? Amelia will be born sometime between Janaury 12-19.

Not that I understand what any of that stuff means--I'm not good with it at all. Jocelyn was born February 4th--is there something that stuff says about her? :

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#11 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 12:55 PM

LTB, is his moon in his 6th or 7th house? That (as well as aspects) can be even more effective than the sign, honestly, in terms of dealing with the energy. The house the planet's in indicates where in one's life that energy either expresses itself or is inhibited the strongest, if that makes sense.

So for instance, if his moon is in his 6th house then routine would be a very big factor in his life, and you may notice the negative Moon in Cap tendencies coming out more when that routine is interrupted. A good thing to try here is to encourage doing things for others -- it's the house of service -- and while that seems kind of common sense, it's just one thing that might help him deal with some confusing emotions easier.

But if it's in his 7th house, then routine may not be quite as vital, etc. But external approval would be very important. That sort of thing.

ETA: As for immediate family similarities, I've found the ascendant and first house placement/aspects seem to be the strongest, but that makes sense -- it's about physical attributes, etc. The Sun/Moon specifics in my family tend to skip a generation in terms of similarities, and be a bit more subtle (or challenging -- as in my case of my sun and moon squaring or opposing my parents' suns and moons). But obviously the more people in a family, the greater the chance of there being crossover. It was just me and my brother and we shared a rising sign and Venus. Our moons are squared, and our suns trine...

So there are aspects for sure, but I guess I look more for the repetition outside the immediate family. That might just be a wonky thing with my family though.

AllyRae, was Jocelyn born in 2008? For really specific info, you need the time of birth and the location too. If you want, I can run a chart for you and if you're not comfy posting the specific birth info, you can PM me. Or LTB might be able to do it as well. Either way.

#12 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Nighten, my son's moon is in the 7th house. Interesting.

AllyRae, you can get free charts at www.astro.com and also www.alabe.com. That's what I use.

#13 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 01:56 PM

LTB, let me know if you want to talk about the Moon in Capricorn/7th house stuff more. If you'd rather, I'm happy to take it to PM so as to not further hijack your fun thread. But I tend to go on a bit, and don't want to detract from the point of this cool topic.

#14 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Nighten, I love your insights.

I just had an interesting idea-- I should examine my own natal chart in aspect to different dates in February and see what's going on for me, to see when baby might make an appearance. Hmm, not exactly sure what I'm looking for, but maybe it will pop out at me when I see it-- any ideas?

#15 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 04:19 PM

I think that's a great idea. When I was born, the sun and moon were squaring my mom's sun and moon. It was a hard time for her.

When Guinevere was born, the sun was squaring my moon, and the moon was opposing my moon. Also not an easy time for me.

I think the moon really is a big trigger here -- in terms of kicking off labor and whatnot. Seems like that's fairly consistent.

I honestly can't think of a harmonious mother/child chart off the top of my head (in terms of the moon at least). Most of them seem to have some direct challenges/conflicting aspects. I wonder if easier births are represented by more harmonious charts? That's really interesting!

#16 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

My first son's birth was long and difficult. My moon was semisextile the Ascendant at the time. My moon was also quincunx the moon, and the moon was sextile to my mars. The moon was in the seventh house and also in MY seventh house.

When my second son was born, it was a fast and comparatively easy birth. My moon was once again quincunx the moon (ah ha, is this something I should be looking for?) My mars was quincunx the moon as well. Also there was an exact quincunx between my sun and the sun at the time.

I'm noticing a theme here.

#17 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I'm hogging the thread I started.

Okay, so late on Feb. 22nd would be a great time for me to give birth. About 11pm, the moon will be trine my moon, the sun will be trine my sun, venus will be sextile my moon, and the moon will be sextile my jupiter. Basically, that day will be sunshine and roses for me! Wishful thinking that I could go into labor then? Haha, we'll see!

The moon will be quincuncx my moon on the 15th and the 20th, but I just don't think I'll go into labor then. I don't want another quincuncx labor! I want a trine or sextile labor this time.

#18 of 37 Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay so my DH and I are both Geminis. I have a Scorpio moon and rising, he has a Gemini moon and Scorpio rising.

My kids are:
Taurus, Cancer moon, Virgo rising
Virgo, Pisces moon, Aries rising
Sagittarius, Aquarius moon, Scorpio rising
Aquarius, Scorpio moon, Sagittarius rising

My EDD is Feb 9th but I've been feeling more like late Jan will be this baby's birthdate. Any insight?
#19 of 37 Old 10-16-2008, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Okay so my DH and I are both Geminis. I have a Scorpio moon and rising, he has a Gemini moon and Scorpio rising.

My kids are:
Taurus, Cancer moon, Virgo rising
Virgo, Pisces moon, Aries rising
Sagittarius, Aquarius moon, Scorpio rising
Aquarius, Scorpio moon, Sagittarius rising

My EDD is Feb 9th but I've been feeling more like late Jan will be this baby's birthdate. Any insight?
If I were you I would find out what degree your moon sign is at, and then look to see if there are any significant aspects between your inner planets and your children's inner planets-- look for patterns, especially in regards to the moon signs. Then examine the weeks surrounding your due date for where the moon will be to see when the moon (and maybe other planets) might form important aspects to your moon and other planets. I would also pay attention to your intuition and see which specific days seem to jump out at you.

It's kind of a time-intensive process but fun.

#20 of 37 Old 10-16-2008, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I couldn't find any pattern to my kids' inner planets compared to mine or compared to each other. They're all different (and not surprisingly, their personalities are all vastly different) so I guess this baby just wants to keep me guessing!
#21 of 37 Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

With each of my boys, their personalities are very different from each other, but I have a similar relationship with each. And the reason is, My sun is quincuncx or nearly quincuncx each of their suns, and my moon is exactly quincunx each of their moons. So both of the boys are big learning/growth experiences for me (and they will learn a lot from me!) The other interesting thing is that with both of them, my natal moon is trine their neptunes, which I'm not exactly sure what that means.

But I feel like my relationship with our only daughter and last child will be different. I have less to learn to with this birth experience so I don't know that the moons will be quincuncx again. So I don't think that pattern will hold true. Well, for one thing, the quincuncx suns pattern obviously didn't either. So it will be interesting to see. But a couple of days did pop out at me so I have been examining them.

#22 of 37 Old 10-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Interesting thread. I've been into astrology for a long time, but I've never really studied it & don't understand all the angles/houses stuff. I usually just figure out what planet is in what sign, but I still have to look up what that means every time.

I have Sun in Cap, Moon in Leo & Libra rising. Lots of fun.
Ds1 is Leo, with Moon in Virgo & Aquarius rising.
Ds2 is Cancer with Moon in Scorpio & Sagittarius rising.

I've been thinking this baby will come around Feb 18. And I'm really, really hoping he/she will be calmer/easier to parent than the other 2.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#23 of 37 Old 12-28-2008, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

So I was looking at this again this morning.

Interstingly, DS2 was born on the day that we "decided" he should be born on-- that is, the day that we had on our consciousness and had discussed. DH said it was his "lucky number" day.

So I think there is value to "deciding" what days are good beforehand, and kind of get that ingrained in my subconcious and give that info to the baby.

My due date is the 13th. For me, I don't want to have the baby before the 14th of Feb, as I want to avoid the after affects of the Mercury Retrograde.

So I looked at the planetary positions from the 14th through the 26th.

The 14th is actually a really good day for a birthday. The Sun is trine the moon in the early morning (about 2am EST) and there are only two really challenging aspects. One of the the challenging aspects is Moon square Mercury, the only other notable one is Venus square Pluto, which is in affect for almost that whole window of time anyway. So that's a great day. Interestingly, a baby born about 4am that morning would have several squares to her ASC/DESC but that can be remedied by moving the birth time by two hours and they're all trines.

After that, the 15th through the 2oth are all days I would prefer to skip. Lots of bad aspects to the moon.

The 21st is a great day, except that I had hoped to avoid another baby with Moon in Capricorn, but with everything else looking well-aspected, I can deal. The 21st through the 25th are all pretty good days.

On the 26th, I started getting more challenging aspects again (can't rememebr what exactly) and I figured I don't really want to wait that long anyway so I stopped looking. So I plan to try holding out for either the 14th (she would be an aquarius!) or to hit that window of the 21st to the 25th (for a Piscean!)

P.S. If I follow my previous pattern with my other births, she would be born on the 21st during the Moon in Cap. We shall see!

#24 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 AM
k13

I'm curious about January too since I may go early. I'm holding out for at least the 20th for an aquarius. Hubby predicted Feb 2 - I'd be surprised if I manage to keep it in that long.

I've got a virgo dd with virgo rising and moon in capricorn... but she is my low maintnenance mellow child. She can be very emotionally sensitive.

My other dd is sun in libra, aries rising and moon in aries. She is the high-maintenance child!
#25 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Well, Mercury will be retrograde from January 11th to Feb 1st. Personally I wouldn't want to have my baby during a mercury retrograde, but obviously a lot of people will. People with mercury retrograde in their birth charts tend to think and communicate differently than the rest of us. This can lead to communication problems and having a hard time articulating what they mean. People born during a mercury retrograde feel more normal and have an easier time communicating during mercury retrogrades, but mercury retrogrades only happen about three times a year for a couple-few weeks at a time, so that's not particularly helpful.

A lot has been written on the implications of mercury retrograde in the birth chart, so you can definitely google it.

I'll be back in a bit with more of what's going on in January.

#26 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Here is a link to a free ephemeris for 2009. It tells you where all the planets will be.

Okay, I'm looking really quickly, so I might be missing some things, but the 1st and 2nd look good, the 3rd I would skip, definitely skip the 4th (moon square sun all day), I would probably skip the 5th, although earlier in the day on the fifth is better than the evening, and absolutely avoid the morning of the 6th, the evening of the 6th is much better. I would try to avoid the seventh-- moon square venus all day-- but it's not the worst aspect in the world. Moon square venus continues into the morning of the 8th, and then the aspects only get worse, with the moon square to Saturn and Uranus. Yikes! I would avoid that, not only for the sake of the child's natal chart, but because that sounds like a very unpleasant birth experience! Emotionally disturbing, lots of hard work, and just uncomfortable and unsettling and possible negative twists and surprises.

So for the first week in January, your best bets are the 1st and the 2nd.

On the 9th, the negative moon aspects continue until later that evening. So skip the morning and afternoon of the 9th, but evening/late night looks great. The 10th is a great day, all the way through. The only possible "negative" is that the moon will be opposite the sun from the evening to the morning of the 11th. Some consider this a negative aspect, but I don't necessarily see it that way, just that there's a lot of energy there, that's for sure. A child born at this time would have a very interesting personality. A birth at that time is likely to turn out different than what you expected but probably in a good way, especially since the moon is trine Uranus at that time. Early morning of the 11th, the moon is still opposite the sun but also moves into oppposition with Uranus, and honestly I would avoid that. Then later on the 11th, the moon is still opposite uranus, no longer opposite the sun, but has now moved into opposition with venus. So skip the 11th all day, and also the first half of the 12th. In the evening of the 12th those aspects have cleared up but there is a moon opposition neptune. This is a little bad but not horrible, so I would say the second half of the 12th is a decent time to have a baby. Again, the birth experience itself might not go as you had hoped and dreamed, or might in some way challenge your dreams and wishes. This aspect lasts into the first part of the 13th. The evening of the 13th, the moon is back in opposition with venus again. Remember also that mercury will start retrograding on the 11th, so that is in force for the rest of the month as well.

The 14th-18th I would totally skip-- especially the 17th and 18th!!! Not good days at all. The morning of the 19th is bad too, but by evening the 19th is fine. The evening of the 19th has a pesky moon square uranus thing, but that's all-- much better than the five days previous. The 20th seems to be a great day. Remember the sun moves into Aquarius early this day, too. Definitely skip the 21st and 22nd. The 23rd is okay. I would skip the 24th through the 26th. The 27th is extremely interesting to me, you will notice if you look at a chart of that day that all of the planets except Saturn and Pluto are located close together in three consecutive signs-- capricorn, aquarius, and pisces. These are three "old" signs, or universal/community signs. This would make for an interesting personality, that's for sure. I wouldn't call it an easy chart, but not at all bad and very interesting. This interesting structure continues into the 28th, of course, but things heat up as Mercury and Mars move into trine with lone Saturn, and Venus forms an oppositon to Saturn. So, the person born on this day would have even more energy to their personality. Venus opposition Saturn is a difficult aspect, but the trines are positive and I still think the whole structure is awfully interesting-- posiibly worth it.

The 29th has both some good and some bad aspects to it. Venus moves into a square with Pluto at this point-- considered a negative aspect-- and this aspect will remain in force for a few weeks. I would definitely skip the 3oth, as the Moon will be square Pluto, and I would NOT want to give birth under that aspect. Yikes. Luckily, the moon will also be sextile to Jupiter at the same time, so hopefully that will bring some comfort to those mamas who do have to give birth at that time. On the 31st, the moon is square to venus and mars, so I would skip that, however on the plus side, the sun and moon are sextile so that's nice.

Whew. Hope that helps. Now, I really just skimmed thios so it's entirely possible I missed important things. So I advise looking into further detail into the days you are interested in, and double check everything I stated here.

#27 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Another note about the Mercury Retrograde from Jan 11th to Feb 1st-- the retrograde will affect communication and small travels in every way, so be prepared for miscommunications with medical and care providers, missed paperwork, trouble with making bill payments, unexpected snafus when it comes to paying for or planning your birth, expect the midwife (or your doula or even your husband!) to not answer the phone when you need them to come for the birth, and/or expect delays on the way to the hospital (travel) or in others traveling to your home for the birth, etc etc etc. Basically, expect everything to be more complicated and things to not go quite as expected during the mercury retrograde. Try to be patient in all dealings with people and in travels and expectations, and when comminucating verbally or via emial or whatever, check and recheck and triple check everything, make NO ASSUMPTIONS!, be super careful with paper work, etc etc etc.

I would also absolutely avoid dealing with buying things over the internet during the mercury retrograde if you can at all help it. I have had more problems with that, you don't even know. ::: On of the more recent mercury retrogrades I was on the phone for days trying to get online stores to fix/cancel double orders of the same thing, and ebay and paypal both froze my accounts for security reasons, plus I had trouble with one of my Visa cards getting frozen too. It was all this crazy/random/whattheheck kind of stuff going on for no good reason. And then my online purchases took forever to be processed and actually show up. All this trouble within a few weeks! Gee whiz. That kind of stuff happens during a mercury retrograde.

#28 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM

Wait, so when is Pisces, Virgo Rising? That's when I am shooting for.
#29 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

The Sun will go into Pisces on Feb 18th, at 7:46 am EST. So any birthday after the 18th will be a Pisces (well until Mar. 20th ).

To get a Virgo Rising, you have to look at the hours of each particular day. A Rising Sign lasts about two hours so all 12 Rising Signs are represented at some point in any 24 hour period. A child born at dawn will have the same Rising Sign and Sun Sign. (For instance, if you had your baby at 6:30am they would be a Pisces with Pisces Rising.) My son was a Libra, born at 8am, so he was a Scorpio Rising-- Scorpio is one sign away from Libra-- and the Rising sign was one sign away because it was about an hour or two past sun rise. Does that make sense?

So to get a baby with the opposite Rising sign (because Virgo and Pisces are exact opposites in the zodiac), they would need to be born in the evening, about sunset or just after. You will have to check the exact times for yourself (try astro.com).

But anyway, you could get a Virgo Rising any one of those days during Pisces, just depends on the time of day. Kind of hard to plan for that unless you have a planned Cesarean, and even then, they won't usually schedule evening surgery. But to encourage going into labor at that time naturally, you can try meditating on it, tell the baby your plan, maybe try saying affirmations and work it into your visualizations and so forth, and maybe it'll work out that way!!

#30 of 37 Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 PM

I find it all fascinating. I was mostly just teasing about the Pisces, Virgo Rising, because I "adopted" Danny's Song as this child's son, way long ago, before realizing he has a chance of being an Aquarius or Pisces, before finding out he was a boy, and it is something I would sing to myself when I was worried about him, or would think about him when I heard it on the radio... it has a line that says, "Pisces, Virgo Rising is a very good sign... strong and kind, and the little boy is mine."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page