s/o feeling Huge- Let's compare with our last pregnancies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know in some other threads we've all been complaining about feeling huge, and that other people are guessing that we're much farther along than we are.
A recent picture in a book comparing a 26week preg woman to athe same preg woman at 36 weeks, and I thought wow, yes, 26 weeks is nothing!
For many of us, this is not our first pregnancy, and it would be good to remind ourselves that we still have a lot of glorious belly to go; that it's not so bad now and we should enjoy this intermediate time of not-too-uncomfortable-but-obviously-pregnant body!

Join me in posting now and late-last pregnancy pictures? I only have some from when I was pregnant with Evangeline, not with Axel, so first-time-mommas, sorry, not much to compare with!

Now; at 20-22 weeks
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...October014.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...October022.jpg

Last pregnancy, around 38 weeks, I think.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eavette075.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eavette023.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eavette081.jpg

Quite a difference, eh!?

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#2 of 9 Old 10-25-2008, 05:54 PM

I'm trying to find one that's comparable for this time last pregnancy, and the closest I've found is from right after Christmas. Baby was born in early April, so that would make me about 26 weeks in this picture from last time:

~26w first time

I have a picture from 38 weeks but it's hard to see my belly as it's not straight from the side.

And here's a picture from today -- I'm 24w4d.

I don't know gosh, I think I look pretty darn big both times.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 9 Old 10-26-2008, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

I think you look pretty similar to last time- and yep, pretty big!
I was actually thinking of trying to compare now with the end of pregnancy last time- so we feel smaller!
Surely some other people took pictures of their last pregnancies- at the end??

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#4 of 9 Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 PM

i know i have a ways to go but i swear i'm bigger this time around than i was the last time!
#5 of 9 Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 AM

I do have pictures and tried to post them in a different thread, but for some reason they didn't link properly. Maybe I will try again..but not tonight I am TIRED!~

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#6 of 9 Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I think you look pretty similar to last time- and yep, pretty big!
I was actually thinking of trying to compare now with the end of pregnancy last time- so we feel smaller!
Surely some other people took pictures of their last pregnancies- at the end??
Okay, well they are right crappy pictures but here's me at 38 weeks last time (one week before my waters broke):

click

click too

And here's the most recent one of my belly:

23w4d

Hard to tell because the angles aren't the same, but it looks pretty darn close to me. It surely feels that way, at least.

#7 of 9 Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 PM

What a fun thread. I feel so big and then I go to birth class and see everyone ahead of me or pass someone on the street that is at the end and I realize how small I really am still.

Nighten - if you compare the under side of your belly you can tell it stuck out a few inches more. You still have a ways to go too. :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#8 of 9 Old 10-27-2008, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Nighten, you're right- you are huge right now! Do you feel like you can get too much bigger? Did you get this big this fast last time?
I agree with Cindy, too, though, I see how your belly is rounder in the 38 week one. It seems 'fuller'.

#9 of 9 Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 PM

I reckon I'll have to get bigger, as time goes by, but it sure does feel like I've gotten much bigger much faster this time around. I didn't take regular pictures last time, and very few with bare tummy showing (it just didn't occur to me honestly, and I was a little self-conscious I think, too). So I'm going by pants size in a lot of ways, and all my pants have stopped fitting much earlier this time around.

I think a big part of it (no pun intended) is how low I'm carrying this time by comparison. None of my pants fit because my belly is so low that it's stretching the material from my butt even, if that makes sense.

But I can totally tell a difference in the picture because to me it looks like I'm carrying a lot higher in the pictures from last time.

(And don't you love that 100% fake smile on my face from last time? I was so not into my picture being taken right then.)

I'm not freaking over how big I am (yet). But it is kind of surprising.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page