Thankful it's November - Weekly Chat Nov 1st-7th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I won't be around much but thought I should start off a new week. I have my follow up ultrasound this coming week and should find out if my placenta previa has resolved at all. Hopefully, because I could really use a reduction in my stress level!

Happy November!
#2 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 07:22 PM

I am thankful it's November too! I only have 3 months left until due date! I do not feel ready to have a baby yet, though, so glad that I have the 3 months left. My hormones are making me super weepy and I have been lacking the ability to cope in pretty normal situations. Sometimes I can't imagine what it will be like to add another child to the mix, but I know that once the dust settles it will be okay!
#3 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM

I was woken up last night around midnight with HORRIBLE charlie horses in my leg. They were the worst I have had in my whole life. It would go away and within the next minute or two I'd get another one. I got like four in a row before they finally stopped. I was afraid to move for a long time because I thought it would happen again. Finally, my bladder got the best of me, so I got up and limped all the way to the bathroom. I had to walk on my tip toes all the way there and back because when I straightened out my leg I would get another charlie horse.
I had a very busy day yesterday, was on my feet from about six in the morning until eight last night and wearing very unsupportive shoes (in the process of looking for some new shoes with better support). Plus with being so busy, I really didn't get to drink enough water, so I'm fairly certain these things are the reason for the bad charlie horses. But wow, I've never felt pain like that before! My leg has been sore all day today from it.

On the plus side, I began my supply of cloth diapers today. Got a dozen prefolds with a cover. DH has been saying he wants to practice, so now he has something to practice with.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#4 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh ouch! Those leg cramps are awful! Try to increase your calcium and magnesium and sometimes potassium is needed as well.
#5 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Happy November! Time is really flying by. Only 3 more months! I can't believe it. My friend gave me the advise to be ready a month before just in case which gives me two months to wrap up all of my work projects and leave things ready for my replacement. Frightening and exciting all at the same time! On the home front I'll be ready after a few loads of baby laundry so I"m feeling good there.

We went to a Halloween party last night. I went as Bristol Palin and won a prize for best political costume! It was fun but I am not used to staying up late and I'm exhausted today! I'm going to take a nap soon even though I slept till 10:30. I guess a pregnant lady in her 30s can't party like a pregnant teen.

My yoga teacher just gave me the name of a good massage therapist. I'm going to call her to see about making an appointment to deal with some of my low back/sacrum pain. I'm going to ask for a medical referral from my doc to get insurance to pay for it. I'll let you know how that goes. I just know I could really use a good massage!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#6 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 08:11 PM

:

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
#7 of 61 Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 PM

DiD, I hope the tests show your placenta has moved!

----

Larissa, I hear you.

I'm having a really hard time emotionally right now too. Between money issues and some stuff going on in my neighborhood, things just aren't really great. I'm very much hoping the election will bring some good news and change, at least about the economy. I hope. At the least I will be so glad when Tuesday's over. That's been stressing me out a lot too.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#8 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 12:28 AM

Hey guys!
I just wanted to say that you can see the jeans I was talking about in the belly photos- the 7 for all mankind are shown, but they're much the same as the ones I did myself.

Nighten- I hope you have a better week! Sounds like it's going to be an interesting week for a lot of people- DID too!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#9 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 01:30 AM
tak

Is anyone else excited about the turn into the third trimester? I found the second trimester really boring. Now that the shrimp is moving around more and the pelvic pain I had from 18 to 22 weeks is gone (thank you chiropractor), I'm feeling pretty darn good.
#10 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 02:21 AM

I'm getting so excited to be in the third trimester. We are going out of town for Thanksgiving and then Christmas will be here before we know it and THEN only a matter of weeks until this baby gets here! I'm organizing all of the little clothes and my son is able to feel the baby kicking all of the time now. So fun!
#11 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 10:15 AM

I cruised into the third trimester last week....
I just feel bigger, lol! The baby feels like she has definitely grown a bit over the last week or so. The movement it more all over and less down near my pubic bone.
Now is when the "fighting for space" starts, lol!

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
#12 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Just a few more days for me until I hit 3rd trimester! I am thankful that everything has gone so well for me with this pregnancy. What a blessing that this has been my easiest pregnancy! I am dealing with the miserable sciatic pain, but other than that, I still feel pretty great.
In some ways, I think this pregnancy has just flown by, and it other ways time is just ticking away! Some days, I think, wow, I am already 26 weeks, and other days I think . . . wow I have 14 more weeks left to go, that feels like forever!
#13 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 11:06 AM

WHOOHOO! Made it through Halloween! I didn't dress up, making three children their costumes was good enough for me! We did have fun though...next up is my dd birthday, then Thanksgiving!

Today my eldest dd has an irish dancing competition (called a feis) and we got an email last night from her teacher saying she had been put on a team for team dances and those dancers who didn's show up would be pulled from their solo dances....

Problem though, dd grew out of her team dress last year and we cannot afford to get her another one...so she can't dance in teams! A used team dress is $375 (if you can find one) and we could barely come up with the $50 to pay for this feis! I was beyond PO and sent an email right back. I don't what will happen when we get there but hopefully it will be okay!

Being poor sucks...but even more when it is sudden! I can't wait to dh is done with school! I know it was a good idea in the long run but while he is doing it is sucks!

Anyway, feeling good, loving fall, it has been so mild. It has been in the 70s all week, not normal but it has been NICE!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#14 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
When do we move into the third trimester? Some info says 25 weeks, some says 27 ... anyone know the real deal?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#15 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 PM

Lots of resources say 27 weeks complete, so start of the 28th week is the start of the third trimester.

But I vote 26 weeks complete, since that breaks it down more evenly in a 40 week period. At least from my math.

I'm going with 26 weeks complete for me. I've got a little over a week to go.

#16 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Apparently it's subjective as to when the 3rd trimester is!
I was going with the 27 week scenario. I am already 26 weeks.
#17 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Thanks for clearing up the third trimester question! I wrote the weeks on my calendar, but I'm not sure what month or trimester I am really... So I guess now that I will hit the 3rd tri. next week!! Wow. My birthday is Tuesday this week, turning 32. I am looking forward to it, as my parents are coming up and my mom is taking me shopping while my dad watches my 3YO DS. That is real shopping, when you don't have a 3yo with you! Yay. We are going to look for some maternity clothes to wrap up my maternity wardrobe now that the cool weather is here. Need one more sweater so I don't end up wearing the big brown one that I have been in all week for 3 months straight! It is just one of my normal sweaters, but I think it can get me through the whole pregnancy. This probably means it is truly unflattering when I'm not pregnant...hmmm.
#18 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM

BathrobeGoddess: I love a good Feis! I did Irish Dancing for years. It was so much fun! My mom is already talking about when this little one will start dancing. I hope she does...I may have to start my own group to make it happen but it gave me such wonderful memories. The dresses...amazing and amazingly expensive. Is there anybody she can borrow from? We passed dresses around our dance group quite a bit. There is no reason she should not do her solo dances even if she can't do the team dances! I understand your frustration.

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#19 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Third Trimester! I'm so happy to be here! I'm now officially 27 weeks. : Now is crunch time for getting ready for baby!

#20 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Hi! Just thought I'd join in, if that's okay. We're all heading into the 3rd trimester and the election is winding down and I can see a little quiet and peaceful preparation coming up ahead. I figured it was about time to start thinking about this baby actually arriving sometime in the foreseeable future.

I had a lousy week with lots of contractions and spotting, but Friday my OB was back in town from her conference and she did a million tests and found everything okay. She gave me a big OMT session and everything had settled down enough for us to have people over and to feel safe tromping around with the kids for Halloween.
All's well and I'm heading into this week feeling optimistic and rested and ready to start getting ready, to start figuring out how another person will fit into our family.
#21 of 61 Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM

I have a week and a half until third trimester but I am feeling it today! I felt so pregnant and uncomfortable today. I wore my gap maternity jeans and the band was putting too much pressure on my belly and I can't tie my shoes comfortably. Kept going between hot and cold. My hips and lower back are hurting and my pubic bone pain is back despite not getting any action. Poor DH - we were out and about and I felt so whiney the whole time. Now that I am home and in my PJs I feel a lot better.

I think I am so uncomfortable bc I cancelled the massage I was going to get yesterday. Murphy's law. I plan on going to the chiro but the free one at my birth center isn't there until the 3rd thursday of the month.

I did buy a couple cute/comfy things at target though so that makes me happy.

Can't believe it's November! Now I feel like it's time to really start shopping. I need to register at BRU soon. My shower is going to be the 2nd week in december and invites are going out in a week or so.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#22 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 09:35 AM

I can't believe it is November. I just made a huge batch of pumpkin soup to honor autumn. Even here in Germany pumpkins are everywhere.

I just read that my heartburn should be getting worse- and it has been so much fun until now...not. The girls are jumpimg around just in case I forgot they were there.I started yoga again finally - last week was the forst week since I got pregnant. Wow- I am very ungraceful these days.. at least I knew not to expect to keep pace with anyone else (non-prego) but myself. The military base doesn't offer prenatal yoga - so I am making due.

I have a OB appt tomorrow - I have to convince him I don't want a Csection unless absolutely necessary. He keeps pushing it since I became pregnant from fertility treatments.

My lower back wakes me up at night - achy achy, but luckily when it i time to get up in the morning it feels better. But I suspect it will get worse. I haven't bought much yet but I did hire a doula last week... someone to pamper me - what a great thought.

Have a glorious day - I am just halfway through week 23 and counting.....
#23 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM

The fact that it's November is freaking me out--Miss Mia makes her grand entrance in January. : And, between DS's birthday party, birthday, and then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there's something to keep me busy almost every week until then (not to mention, I have to finish up comprehensive exams this week, and then start on my dissertation later this month). Yikes!! And, 1 more week and some days until the 3rd tri! :

This weekend was my last major travel--I'm not supposed to travel outside of an hour from the hospital after 28 weeks since that's when I start the steroid shots to get ready for if Mia has to be delivered even earlier than 36 weeks. And since I'm already 26 weeks in 2 days, that 28 week mark is coming up quickly. We went up to Michigan to see my family--hopefully they come down here for the holidays!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#24 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 10:51 AM

Welcome, mama-aya!

---

BG, I hope you're able to find a solution about your daughter's dress. That stinks that they don't have ones they can share or something.

---

I started Hypnobabies last night. I'm really looking forward to it. If only the cats, dogs, toddler, and husband will cooperate to give me 30 minutes of peace every night.

We'll see!

#25 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 AM

Sounds like some of you have a lot going on!

There's nothing new with me. Just anxiously passing the time. DH is gone on a golf trip this week so I miss him. Before he left we were at his grandparents and I said to him that he has to make sure to have his cell phone on him all the time just in case there's an emergency with the pregnancy or the baby and I need him (and I do realize that this is not exactly an optimistic thought but I'm a bit of a worrier). Grandma overheard this and says that when she lost a baby back in her day Grandpa was away on business and she just let him know when he got back. I can't imagine doing that! DH would be on the first flight home if I needed him at all. Anyway, I just thought that was interesting. Although I'm not sure if the differences are generational or personality based.

My little boy has been super active the last couple of days which I love! Especially when I have the time to just sit and watch my belly move around

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#26 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Tonight is my midwife appointment and I've been looking forward to it for 3 weeks! I get to tell her that we are officially 'planning' a homebirth! She was my mw my last pregnancy too, and for that whole pregnancy I was considering one as well, so she knows how far we've come!

Before that I have a potluck meeting for my local 'Friends of Muskoka Midwives' group- it's a support group for our Midwives. I have to leave early because my appt is after, but it's going to be a busy evening! I'm hoping I can get away with the kids, eat well and enjoy myself at the potluck, come home and make dh something to eat, get the kids ready/in bed and still have a clean house when my mw shows up!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#27 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
DiD, I'm very much hoping the election will bring some good news and change, at least about the economy. I hope. At the least I will be so glad when Tuesday's over. That's been stressing me out a lot too.
I am really stressed about getting out to vote tomorrow. I have to re-register at the polls and will be toting my two two-year-olds along with me. I was thinking maybe if I let them get totally out of control and wear a shirt that accentuates my pregnant belly someone will take pity on me and let me go to the front of the line Well, I know I have to do it (vote, that is) so I guess I'll just hope for the best, and bring lots of snacks! I sure will be happy when all the ads and debating and bickering and lawn signs are done with!

I am feeling well. A lot of the aches and pains I was experiencing have passed. It seems it was a stretching phase, my belly grew a lot over the past couple weeks. I have a mw appt. next wk and then an u/s the following wk to chk the placenta location. Hoping it has moved on up with my expanding belly!

I am really bad at time management and planning for things. Basically I can't seem to do anything until I am face-to-face with the deadline. I used to joke in college that I couldn't even start writing a paper unless it was due within 24 hrs.! Additionally, with major life events I tend to get totally overwhelmed and freeze up. It happened before my wedding--I felt like I had so much to do that I didn't know where to start or how to prioritize so I didn't do anything. DH and I were literally packing for our honeymoon hours before our plane left, after being at our reception all night! So I know I need to get going on preparing for this baby but I'm feeling like I don't know where to start. I had been hesitant to do anything too "official" before reaching 25 weeks but I guess we are beyond that point now (or at least I can't use it as an excuse anymore!). Maybe I should look at the calendar and try to pencil in some goals for each week.

Anywho... hope end of the 2nd tri, beginning of the third finds everyone doing well!

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#28 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 PM

ewolthuis - happy birthday tomorrow - me too (33).
#29 of 61 Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 PM

Thanks to all the well wishers for my dd...it all turned out okay! She completly understood, she was really going after a few girls who register for Teams and then never show and the whole Team is left out.

DD did have a crappy feis though...she didn't place in a single dance and she is only one step below being a championship level so she has to place a first in all her dances to get there and the next feis is in...yup...February! So not going to that one!

I honestly can't believe I am almost into the third trimester already. It seems crazy!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#30 of 61 Old 11-04-2008, 01:15 AM

I have been having some wicked pain under my ribs on my right side. It is a constant stabbing pain. I don't know what it is. I have a mw appt tommorow so I will ask. I used my prenatal cradle today at work. It worked for the sciatic pain but seemed to make that other pain worse. Other than that not much new.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page