You Know You're Really, Really Pregnant When... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...The idea of being able to sleep becomes a dream.

...Your belly can be used as a towel rack.

...Your ankles (and feet) start look like they belong to one of the male characters on the Flinstones.

Add and enjoy.

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Uhm...you can't decide if it's a contraction...or if you just have to potty...

...you'd rather not get up. Not because you can't. not because of any real reason. You just don't want to. And that's okay...

...you eat an entire box of Little Debbie's in one sitting. And call it supper. And then feel guilty for days...

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Old 11-12-2008, 07:13 PM

-Your toddler's shirts are cleaner than yours after a meal because you keep dropping food on your shirt.

I have no idea why that happens, but it happens to me every.single.3rd trimester.

:

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 11-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post
-Your toddler's shirts are cleaner than yours after a meal because you keep dropping food on your shirt.

I have no idea why that happens, but it happens to me every.single.3rd trimester.

:
Me too! OMG! I am so glad I'm not alone!!!!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 11-13-2008, 12:14 AM

You go pee and then feel like you have to go again as soon as you're done.

You get winded walking down the street.

Trimming your bikini area is out of the question since you can no longer see down there.

Tying your shoe is an acrobatic feat.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 11-13-2008, 04:31 PM

You no longer feel guilty about asking your DH to do everything.

Your toddler is standing there saying "Come on, Mommy. Come on!" He is able to say this about 5 times before you are able to get up from the floor where you and he were playing a minute ago.

You feel like you have a secret...and you do. Because you don't tell anybody about the drops of pee in your panties.

and my favorite...

At 11 pm CNN projects that Obama wins the presidency, the first black person ever, plus a good intellectual liberal for the first time in 8 years. It's a massively historic moment, you're in NYC, 8 million other people are out partying in the streets.... and you say, "Oh good" and go straight to bed, silently thankful that it was over by 11 pm.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
You feel like you have a secret...and you do. Because you don't tell anybody about the drops of pee in your panties.
: Every time I had a hard, loud sneeze when I was pregnant with my son I would pee a little bit. If I was out in public I would stand there for a minute and see if anyone noticed...then I realized that it was rarely enough to leave a stain. This time around I've been doing Kegels religiously, and I haven't had that problem even once
Old 11-13-2008, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the laugh, Ladies! I needed that.

I don't know if I qualify as really, really pregnant yet since I'm tall and carrying around a little extra padding, my ever increasing belly seems something that people have thus far looked politely away from. Ugh. I'm NOT gettting FATTER! I'm growing a BABY! I also tend to wear loose clothing since I can't exactly afford to buy a whole new pregnancy wardrobe. Oh well. Surely it won't be long. I'm already starting to waddle.

Sorry for the rant.

Okay, so you know you're really, really pregnant when sappy songs on the radio that you've always hated before make you cry. It's REALLY bad when you think you should put the song on your birth CD.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM

When you can barely turn over in bed to kiss DH goodnight due to the giant nest of pillows used to wedge here and prop there.

Fun Post!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

Old 11-15-2008, 11:57 PM

...your hubby has to sleep on the couch because your pregnant self and all the pillows necessary for comfort take up the entire queen size bed.

...You can't wait to be the only person in your body.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:06 AM

You feel beautiful even in your sweats. Sorry girls, I love being pregnant. I always feel like a Mother Earth Goddess....lol.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKislandgirl View Post
When you can barely turn over in bed to kiss DH goodnight due to the giant nest of pillows used to wedge here and prop there.
:

When turning sideways to get past something/someone only makes for a tighter fit. (I keep forgetting this and whacking people with the baby. This, of course, cracks me up, so then I'm wedged wherever laughing like a loon.... )

Monica , DH :cop , DD (8) , DS1 (5) , DS2 (2/09) , and the pup
Old 11-20-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkaha View Post
:

When turning sideways to get past something/someone only makes for a tighter fit. (I keep forgetting this and whacking people with the baby. This, of course, cracks me up, so then I'm wedged wherever laughing like a loon.... )
ha ha! that keeps happening to me too.
also, every time i drop something, the floor seems further and further away. and getting something out from under the bed is just out of the question!

Amanda- mama to Lincoln 1/09 and expecting #2 10/11!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM

For me, it's that the first thing I want to do as soon as this LO is no longer inside of me is to take one, long, deep breath. I feel like every breath a take right now is a long sigh and it's still not enough.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

User Tag List