3K views 94 replies 24 participants last post by  DreamsInDigital 
#1 ·
Have a great week everyone!
:

See less See more
#77 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenivere View Post
Financially things are very stressful right now and I don't want to think about it so I'm not going to write it all out or I'll start crying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Oddly enough, it is a relief to have an answer. The last 6 weeks of not knowing and worrying and wondering have been hell on my family and if this ultrasound had been inconclusive and I had *another* 6 weeks of wondering, I would seriously lose my mind. I finally slept well last night for the first time since our 22 week ultrasound. A c-section is not the end of the world and I am glad that my baby and I are healthy and that I can have a safe birth. I am not holding out any hope that the placenta will change enough before term. It's easier for me that way.
I'm glad that that you feel more peaceful and are sleeping better. Wish I could say as much!

I am in so much pain, have had such a bad day today.

#79 ·
Jenivere and LTB, I'm so sorry you're having tough times. Hang in there, mamas. You're not alone.

DiD, I think that's a great attitude to have. Good for you.

---

I splurged and bought the baby a going home outfit today.
I've been washing all the handmedown newborn stuff from Guinevere and realized we really don't have a lot in terms of super warm tiny newborn stuff. So I bought this.

It is soooooo soft and thick and warm, and will probably be huge on her (Winnie's going home outfit was huge too -- I ended up having to go buy some preemie outfits after she was born), but it's adorable and it will work.

Anyway I felt bad, because it was $20 but I justified it by reminding myself I wasn't really buying anything else for her clothes-wise. And it made me grin all the way through Target.

#80 ·
DiD- She's so adorable and REAL, even 6 weeks seems like a long time. Those 3D ultrasounds are amazing!

Nighten- I think every baby should have one new thing. I can barely stand, all of a sudden, making mittens and hats and sweaters for the kids I already have- I just want to make the baby something before s/he's here!

Allyrae-
well, lets just say HE's not satisfied with some doctor telling him Mama can't carry him around any more, and I don't know how to NOT carry a 2 yo. But I'm trying at least to be more conscious of it, and do more cuddling and holding while I'm sitting, instead of keeping him on my hip all the time. I figure that's good anyway- once the baby comes he won't have first pick of being hauled around by me, so we're practicing now. Sort of.

#82 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama-aya View Post
Allyrae-[/B] well, lets just say HE's not satisfied with some doctor telling him Mama can't carry him around any more, and I don't know how to NOT carry a 2 yo. But I'm trying at least to be more conscious of it, and do more cuddling and holding while I'm sitting, instead of keeping him on my hip all the time. I figure that's good anyway- once the baby comes he won't have first pick of being hauled around by me, so we're practicing now. Sort of.

LOL....my doctor told me not to carry any more than 20 lbs. I asked him if he was sending a free nanny over to my house to carry my kids then because my kids certainly weren't going to listen to that recommendation.
: I figure women all over the world do just fine and carry their older kids while pregnant, so I wasn't too concerned. If I start to feel any pain though, I stop immediately. That's happened 1 or 2 times, and I think it was just the muscles getting stretched too fast.

#83 ·
Yeah, me too. Mostly I just get sort of sore and stretched out, but sometimes it gets a little scary. I did have some bleeding maybe from carrying him around too much a few weeks ago. I REALLY don't want to end up in bed again, so I'm at least TRYING to be good. Well, you know, BETTER, anyway!

#85 ·
Sorry, I tried to jump in and "make friends" but this week has been really crazy...and this ddc so temptingly active lately!

I've only read/posted sporadically the last week or so. Thanks for the replies on the stuff I started...I'll respond properly soon, I hope. DH has been gone a lot so everything is on me. I'm feeling a little sleep deprived. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just sleep a straight 7 hours, but there are SO many interruptions.

Tomorrow is a ridiculous day. I have a THREE HOUR ob appointment in the morning, and I'm taking the kids because dh absolutely can't get off work to watch them. I've piddled around long enough and this is the ONLY appointment they have until mid-December. If I wait until then, I won't actually see a midwife until January...and that's cutting it a little close for me.
They do the first appt. en masse, and fill out all the paperwork, do the bloodwork, etc. all at once for whoever has called in. It's required to receive care at the hospital. Since we are planning a homebirth, it's really, really hard to make myself go tomorrow, but I really want to have the dual care backup. They are going to have a heart attack tomorrow, I just know it. I've not thought up my reply yet...

Anyway, I've got to be out the door by 7:45a. And that includes getting both kids fed and dressed and a bag of stuff to do packed. We've been gone/busy, so I've not had a chance to get ahead on any of that, so tomorrow morning will be a blur of slicing grapes, etc and trying to get ready. I should be doing it now...but...well, I'm not.

Ahhhh...I'll try to catch up later...good night.

#86 ·
My hips hurt so bad last night. I think I got almost no sleep. I'm going back to the chiropractor today. Wow I felt so miserable! I feel much better when I'm up and moving around. I'm wondering if doing my yoga tape yesterday made it worse? Poor DH - I was very whiney all night. He's a good sport though - giving me massages in the middle of the night. Too bad they don't make the pain go away.

Cindy

#87 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nighten View Post
I splurged and bought the baby a going home outfit today.
I've been washing all the handmedown newborn stuff from Guinevere and realized we really don't have a lot in terms of super warm tiny newborn stuff. So I bought this.

It is soooooo soft and thick and warm, and will probably be huge on her (Winnie's going home outfit was huge too -- I ended up having to go buy some preemie outfits after she was born), but it's adorable and it will work.
You just reminded me I have the exact same little outfit! My grandma sent it to me a few weeks ago!
Now I'm all excited about it again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama-aya View Post
well, lets just say HE's not satisfied with some doctor telling him Mama can't carry him around any more, and I don't know how to NOT carry a 2 yo.
Right? I know carrying DS2 is getting really hard on my body, but sometimes you just have to-- he's such a baby still, in so many ways. Like yesterday he fell asleep in the car. What was I going to do, make him wake up enough to walk all the way into the apartment building and down the hall by himself? I can't imagine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
Sorry, I tried to jump in and "make friends" but this week has been really crazy...and this ddc so temptingly active lately!
Wow, a three hour appointment with the kids? Yikes. Good luck!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
My hips hurt so bad last night. I think I got almost no sleep. I'm going back to the chiropractor today. Wow I felt so miserable! I feel much better when I'm up and moving around. I'm wondering if doing my yoga tape yesterday made it worse? Poor DH - I was very whiney all night. He's a good sport though - giving me massages in the middle of the night. Too bad they don't make the pain go away.

Cindy
I can so sympathise. My hips have been awful, too. I was in tears over it several times yesterday. I didn't get much sleep last night either. Chiropractic helped but not completely. Blah.

But you know what seemed to work? Stretching. Stretching hurts at first, but then I find I feel much better afterwards. I was so sore last night I literally could not get into bed. So I did some slightly painful stretching, and then it made enough of a difference I was able to get into bed. I always hurt worse after laying down for a hwile, too.

My chiro also told me that good supportive shoes would make a big difference. I'm skeptical but willing to give it a try! I bought two new pairs of shoes yesterday; all of my shoes were quite old and/or cheap and just generally wimpy and awful.

#89 ·
I've been pondering the shoe issue. I'm trying to wear more flats but I still haven't given up my heels. I'm not wearing my super high heels but definitely still a couple inches and I wear my platforms a lot - this is for work mainly. I think I'll need to get my pants shortened to make the switch entirely to flats. But if it will help my hips I probably have no choice.

Cindy

#90 ·
Oh Lord, the last time I wore heels was 1980-something, I think.
Well, 1990. Maybe. *laughs*

I have very flat feet, and wear pretty much Birks and Merrells. Sometimes those Teva flipflops, or some little tennis shoes with inserts, but usually it's the big ugly comfy shoes.

I've even got an old pair of Birk clogs I wear as houseshoes. If I wear normal houseshoes my back and feet hurt.

But I can't even wear normal socks without things swelling now, so I have to wear those super loose chenille ones (they're very soft though). I cannot imagine trying to put my feet in heels. For any reason. I'd fall over.

#91 ·
So, my leg isn't hurt quite as much today (yay!) just kind of achey if that makes sense, and every once in a while the pain acts up, but mostly okay-- and the apartment is a mess from the last two days of me limping around-- so I was straightening up the two bedrooms, putting away toys, hanging clothes etc-- just for maybe an hour, or so-- and now I feel SO winded, out of breath, and my heartrate is up, like I just ran some stairs or something. What the heck? I forgot the third trimester can be like this.

#92 ·
Yesterday I helped the repair man lift and tilt the washing machine, and then vacuumed the house and had to lie down after ... I was sprawled on the couch, wondering what was the matter with me? I'm healthy! I'm strong! I'm a runner .... oh, riiiiiiight ... haven't run in a while .... because I'M PREGNANT! That's right, I'd forgotten! Briefly, but thoroughly. Now THAT is some pregnancy brain.

#93 ·
I've had a looong week! 2 days of all day meetings at work...annual planning. Hard to be motivated when I'm leaving in 2 months and very hard to sit all day for 2 days in a row. I was really sore and started doing yoga in the hall during a break. My co-workers think I'm crazy but my hips hurt so bad that if I didn't stretch out a bit I wasn't going to make it through the rest of the day.

Today had been better though. I had my first appointment with the occ therapist who does myofacial release. It felt really good and I'm eager to go back. I think it will be a few days to really tell if it is helping long term though. Then I treated myself to lunch out before heading back to work for the afternoon.

I told DH that if we didn't start getting the house together then I might burst. I think nesting is in full force. I have this total urgency to have everything in order...will this get worse as things get closer? I'm glad its the weekend though and DH pointed out that we have thanksgiving and the day after coming up which gives us more time. OK, I'll make the list but we better start crossing things off pronto!

#94 ·
Akislandgirl: Is the myofacial supposed to help your hips? Mine have been bothering me. I'll be curious to see if you get relief.

I went to the chiro today. I am sore now. Took a nap after and slept slightly better than last night but still not well. I was so sore when I woke up. Iced my lower back a bit. I'm afraid to go to bed bc I know I'm going to be uncomfortable. But I'm hoping I'll wake up feeling better like I did last time he adjusted me.

Cindy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.