Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have a great week everyone! :
#2 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 05:22 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread, DiD.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
Is everybody doing registries? I wasn't going to register, this not being my first child. Are registries done for 2nd kids?

Where I live, it's not done, unless the second child is a different gender and there's been a long time in between kids (like long enough to where you got rid of everything).

But I know it varies from place to place, and just depends on need too, I'd imagine. If you need to register, go for it. We're very lucky to have everything we need, really, from our first child so I'm not registering anywhere for this babe.

---

I still have this awful cold and it hurts like mad when I cough. I've started taking colloidal silver too, because I'm afraid now it's heading into an infection and the last thing I want to deal with right now is pneumonia or whatever.

Thankfully my toddler (and husband -- who got it briefly) are both much, much better. I don't understand why I'm not, honestly. It's very irritating. : I have lots I need to do. Lying on the couch feeling like poop is not helping.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#3 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 05:45 PM

Sorry you feel so bad, Renee!

My husband defended his dissertation yesterday and was given a HIGH pass!!! WOOHOO!!! He will graduate in December . . . and this 5 1/2 year journey that we've been on with him working and in school is OVER!!! We are super excited about it. I told him that it was my PhD too . . . he has to share it with me! LOL

I had my appointment this week. No weight gain this month, so I am still at 14 pound weight gain total. Baby girl's heartrate was 128. My BP was 104/60. And I took that awful GD drink test. Yuck! It threw my whole day off! We eat little to no sugar . . . and no refined sugar at that. So, drinking that sweet drink really made me feel icky!

Never heard anything, though, so I must have passed.
#4 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 PM

I was given the drink at my last appt and am supposed to take it and get my results before my next one, which is December 5. How long does it take for the results to come back usually? My Dr.'s office is a bit of a drive away, so I'll have to plan my whole day around getting it done... Really not looking forward to it, I think my least favorite part of pregnancy is definitely being stuck with needles.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#5 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 07:21 PM

I'm having my first and not doing a registry. I just have no idea what I would even register for. And I think most people in my family would probably ignore it and just buy outfits anyway. We also are not having a shower until after the baby is born. Although I think it will be more of a welcoming celebration than a shower.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#6 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM

Mal85 They told me that the GD test takes 24-48 hours to get the results back for, I took mine on Tuesday and called them Thursday morning to get them because I don't like waiting. I passed, yay!

This is my first child, and I'm still not registered. I don't even know where to register, and i still haven't begun shopping! Of course being fairly broke doesn't help too much on that front. There is a maternity/children's clothing consignment store literally around the corner from where I live, and I still have not ventured in.

For those of you registering, where are you registering?
#7 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM

I've been feeling yucky since Friday. I just can't kick this cold. I'm getting tired of feeling like crap.
Work is getting difficult and the 12hr shifts are killing my back. I had to go home today because I was aching all over. I just found out EI will not let me use my vacation time after the babe is born so I either have to use it before in January or save it for the next January and use it before I come back. So frustrating now I have to cancel all of the days I booked off and start again.

Baby is still stuck on my right side and causing an awful pain under my ribs on that side.

Proud Mama to DS 04/23/06reading.gif DD 02/18/09 modifiedartist.gif, 2 dog2.gif, and wife to wonderfuldh_malesling.GIF and adding another baby.gif. Here's my blog: http://nessabean.blogspot.ca/
#8 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 09:26 PM

Sorry you feel so poorly Nillarilla, I hope things get better soon. The baby is currently stuck under the left side of my rib cage and it hurts! oof.
#9 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post
I was given the drink at my last appt and am supposed to take it and get my results before my next one, which is December 5. How long does it take for the results to come back usually? My Dr.'s office is a bit of a drive away, so I'll have to plan my whole day around getting it done... Really not looking forward to it, I think my least favorite part of pregnancy is definitely being stuck with needles.
I got my results in 5 minutes. By the time I had checked out and made my next appt they told me I passed. It made me feel sick but glad to have it over. Eating a good meal after helped. Good luck!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#10 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 10:58 PM

You know...if you fuss a little most places will let you eat gummy bears instead of drinking the nasty stuff. My midwife last time actually just did a blood draw to see what my sugar was at that moment when I protested the artificial colors and flavorings.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#11 of 95 Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighten View Post
Where I live, it's not done, unless the second child is a different gender and there's been a long time in between kids (like long enough to where you got rid of everything).
Around here, you still don't. For us, we have no girl stuff (we had boys before) and we had got rid of everything anyway, but tough luck for us! It's going to be a little expensive for us, because I want a nice comfy armchair rocker for my bedroom (to nurse in-- that's gonna be expensive but I'll go as cheap as I can!) and a baby swing (that's $100), and a couple of new baby carriers (that's another $100) and then a cheap changing table from Target (less than $100). It adds up. But it's worth it to me.

Renee, I hope you are feeling all better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
You know...if you fuss a little most places will let you eat gummy bears instead of drinking the nasty stuff. My midwife last time actually just did a blood draw to see what my sugar was at that moment when I protested the artificial colors and flavorings.
I refuse to do that test now. Last time I did the jelly beans instead of the drink and it took forever to eat enough and I almost threw up a few times. And then felt like crud for that day and half of the next day. It was disgusting. And my test came back perfect, so I'm not doing that again.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#12 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 12:27 AM

Blech. Jelly beans and artificial sugar highs...

Real sugar? Pass the bowl. I'm definately NOT above that. But outside the realm of homemade cookies and I start feeling icky pretty quick. I even get a headache walking past all the halloween candy...or even into a fudge shop. The sweet smells do it everytime.

We think my ds (18 months) sprained/broke his wrist tonight. He stopped fussing (after about 25 minutes of trying to soothe him) when I took him outside. He wanted down and took himself for quite a long walk, singing and babbling, so I concluded he was okay and brought in the bag from our truck that I'd packed to take to the ER. But when he tries to climb or push himself to a standing position with his hands, he cries and gets upset for a while. It's not like him at all...he's really, really tough usually. But, since it's not bothering him (and he's using it) unless he pushes on it, we're going to see how he is in the morning. We'd rather not spend the night in the ER, ya' know? It irks me, too, but we live in a high child abuse area, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got the third degree and a CPS visit. They call for EVERYTHING here. I didn't even see him fall, but dd did. They were standing on the bench in the living room together (they do that all the time) and I was in the other room. I came running when I heard him cry. She said he fell off and bonked his head. There wasn't any evidence of that, but he didn't want to use his hand and anytime he tried and cried and cried and buried his face in my shirt. Nursing didn't even calm him. When he fell, he was wearing his mittens, and holding 3 stuffed animals. I'm hoping when he wakes up he's all better...poor little guy.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#13 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 AM

I had to do the drink...my perinatologist said the sugars aren't processed the same in the jelly beans, and since they do the quick finger prick test with the diabetes meter (instead of the before and after blood draws), we had to do their standardized one. But, I didn't have to fast before, so 2 hours before I drank the drink, I had some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Not only were my sugars low, but I didn't get sick because I had protein in my system first.

Nothing much to update on here...28 weeks this week, and Tuesday I have my monthly appointment and ultrasound. The peri is also sending out the home health nurse this week to start administering the steroid shots in case they have to deliver Mia within the next couple weeks (so far there are no signs that say they will, but with my thrombocythemia, it's a definite possibility). I also start on the every 2 week u/s and appointments (well, just until mid-December, then it's every week).

I can't wait to see Mia Tuesday--hopefully she's grown!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#14 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Just1More - I'm sorry about your son - I hope he's feeling better this morning!

It just started snowing out a few minutes ago for the first time this season!! Yay! I'm so excited. I love the snow and everyone around here always complains about it. We got out outdoor Christmas lights hung up last night. And I'm going to be decorating the house and putting up the tree next week. :

#15 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Just1More, I hope your son is feeling better! Poor little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
It just started snowing out a few minutes ago for the first time this season!! Yay! I'm so excited. I love the snow and everyone around here always complains about it.
Same here! Everyone always complains about the weather-- in the summer it's too hot, in the fall it's too rainy, in the winter it's too cold, they're never happy-- but they especially complain about the snow. Now granted, I've never had to plow it-- but not everyone here has to plow it either! It hasn't snowed much yet, nothing that stuck, and I can hardly wait. I love the snow. Well, I get tired of it by March, but for now I love it.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#16 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Oh I wish it would snow here! I miss snow! I am in Georgia and it is just very very cold and gray. It's 42 degrees, but feels like 35 today. Add to that I'm getting to and fro on a scooter and OH does it get chilly. Still, I like it, especially when I can curl up somewhere warm and drink soup.
#17 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 01:48 PM

We are having global warming out here in CA. It must have been in the 80s yesterday. DH and I went for a long walk and I felt really wiped out in the heat. I'm glad we're all big in the winter! It's normally all rainy and foggy here this time of year...not sure what is going on! At least we're going to Indiana to see DH's family for thanksgiving - and they got some snow last night.

I sat through 5 hours of classes at my birth center yesterday!! 3.5 on mom and baby care right after the birth and the rest on breast feeding. I feel like I live there. I have 3 hour classes every tuesday too. Yet oddly I still don't feel like they are giving us enough coping mechanisms for pain - so I will need to do another class on lamaze or hypnobirthing. I am reading a hypnobirthing book - anyone know if the book is enough?

Off to the green festival today. Maybe I'll find some cute, organic baby stuff.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#18 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 04:03 PM

My dd keeps asking when we'll have snow...it's only done one light dusting in the 4 years we've lived here, so I'm not counting on anything this year either! She wants to "go to grandma's in the winter to see the snow." She says grandma will call her...

Anyway, ds DID break his arm. He's happy and himself unless he puts pressure on it. We took him to the ER this morning and they splinted it and gave us a referral to an orthopedic doctor. They said it will take about a month to heal. He's been a trooper about the whole thing, and must have a tremendously high pain tolerance!

#19 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 05:27 PM

Ooh! I want snow, too! We always joke about kids around here think winter starts in October because its ALWAYS so cold. Until this Halloween we never had a trick-or-treat night that wasn't single digits in the last 7 years! And it was 71 the other day. Weird. Summer was so late and cold that my poor melons couldn't grow bigger than softballs, and now winter won't start!
Last night was the auction night at church, and DH and the boys and I made almost all of the food (and coordinated what we didn't make). The people who signed up to clean up didn't show, so we stayed and did all the clean up and didn't get home til after 11pm, at which point the boys were so past tired they had a hard time falling asleep. I'm kind of exhausted today and still in my pjs, but it was fun and now I won't feel guilty not doing anything else for church til after the baby is born. The election is over, the auction is over, and now maybe I can think about getting ready to have a baby!
Now I'm trying to figure out what to make for everybody for Christmas and birthdays....
#20 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 05:45 PM

I'm sorry so many of us are sick!! I've had this cough/tiredness for over a week now. It's not so bad but every now then I'm worried that I cough so hard the baby will burst out of my belly! I know it's not really possible but I also have an overactive imagination that gets worse when I am worried!

In my circle of friends/family, we have showers/parties for all babies. Well, especially in my family, ANY reason to celebrate! Usually after the first baby, the presents tend to be money/gift cards or baby clothes.
#21 of 95 Old 11-16-2008, 10:23 PM

I really want to be pampered. I want to go somewhere for 3 or 4 days and be waited on hand and foot. I want to eat gourmet meals, and have spa treatments throughout the day.

Ahhhhhh . . . one can dream right? LOL
#22 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post
I really want to be pampered. I want to go somewhere for 3 or 4 days and be waited on hand and foot. I want to eat gourmet meals, and have spa treatments throughout the day.

Can I come with you?! Sounds heavenly!

Vegan Princess: I am doing the hypnobabies home study course and I love it. I am choosing to do each class over a two week period rather then 1 week but it includes readings and listening to self-hypnosis CD's daily. It really is great and I think will really help me to relax and stay focused during labor. I highly recommend it.

I've been washing and sorting baby clothes today and trying to figure out what diapers I need to get to round out my NB stash that my sis gave me. I have about 14 NB fitted diapers and 4 NB covers. Trying to figure out how much more to get in the NB size vs smalls. I posted about it on the diapering forum but if any of you ladies have some advise for me on how much of what to get I'd love it.

Hope you all are well!

Sue, Mama to Fiona Aileen (2/1/09) and  Maeve Penelope (10/7/11) familybed2.gif cd.gif

#23 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 AM

Is anyone having birthing dreams?

I had one this weekend in which I gave birth at home, by myself, unassisted. Right at the stage I am now (just under 27 weeks), yet the baby seemed normal size and fine. It just suddenly happened, just like that. I remember being in the bathroom and feeling my perineum bulging out. Then she just slid right out into my hands (if only it were that quick and simple!). I remember walking the house with the umbilical cord still attached and the placenta still undelivered, holding the baby and looking for a tiny hat and blanket. Someone rang the doorbell and I actually peeked out and answered it, annoyed (weird -- if I'm not expecting anyone and don't see a car in the driveway I usually ignore it as our neighborhood gets a lot of solicitors). And I remember trying to decide whether to call my husband or my midwife first. It actually seemed pretty cool to me that this had just happened and no one knew about it yet but me.
#24 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

Oh me too!!

DH and I actually have a week vacation booked for the first week of January. It's only a few hours from home but I think it will be so nice to relax and be just the two of us before everything get's hectic. I'm really really looking forward to it.

RabbitDancer - I day-dream about the birth all the time. And the other night I had a dream about my baby. He was so unbelievably precious. I'm getting very anxious to meet him and hold him.

#25 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM

AK - I was going through 18 nb diapers and 8 covers for the first 6wks or so. My baby was 7-10lbs during that time. HTH!

I'm having the hardest time with everything. I don't know if it's normal pregnancy hormonal mood swings or true treatment needing depression. I thought I could handle things until last week when one of my friends was tragically murdered. Sometimes I wish I could just go to bed and never wake up.

My hyperemesis is getting to me again, I feel sick almost all the time no matter what I eat or what medicines I take. Part of it may be from my blood sugars which are ranging from highs to extreme lows and the insulin injections aren't helping. I can't seem to gain any weight. If I do manage to move up a pound, the next week I lose it. Today I'm 27wks. Exactly the gestation I delivered my first son. He was only 1lb 15oz 13" and spent 74 long days in the NICU. As hard as that was, I find myself wishing this pregnancy was over already...
#26 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 PM

RabbitDancer I've had some pretty weird birthing dreams too! I had a lot more when I first found out I was pregnant than I am now, I think I'm just not sleeping well right now, so I'm not really having any dreams that I can remember.
My most recent one was that my sister was in labor for me. I was walking around the hospital, fully pregnant, but she was having all the contractions for me and I was afraid I wouldn't get to the room before delivering the baby, which was the part I was doing myself. I had her just as I walked into the room and the only people there were my sister and me. I was standing up in the doorway and gave a little push. I reached down and pulled her up to me, just amazed that she was here. That's when the midwife walked in and started pulling on the umbilical cord trying to get the placenta out. I kept yelling at her not to pull, but she did anyway and the placenta plopped out and I remember feeling very empty with the baby and placenta out of me.

Mallory. Happily married to Joe since 6/25/05. Loving my adventure with my girls, Owyn Samantha, born 3/1/09. dust.gif and Greta June, born 11/2/11  babygirl.gif

#27 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 03:27 PM

I've heard that if the ultrasound shows a girl, it could still be a boy BUT if the ultrasound shows a boy, it's definately a boy. I was told that I was a having a boy but I am still having trouble accepting that my baby is a boy. I felt very strongly from the beginning that it was a girl, and all my dreams about the baby have been about a baby girl. Although, I must admit my dreams are pretty cool because I do not feel/remember anything at all about the labor! One minute I'm pregnant and then I have my baby in my arms!

I just want my baby to be born healthy but there is a part of me that thinks, oh crap... My family/friends know that I am having a boy and they've already gotten me boyish stuff when I said I wanted neutral things. DH thinks it's his mom spirit in our baby, so that is why I am having dreams about a baby girl.

I know babies don't care what they wear but the whole boy/girl clothing does bother me a little because growing up I had to wear all of my uncle's hand-me-downs, we were the closest together in age. I hated it. I wanted clothes with hearts and glitter and instead I had these weird shorts/pants with slits in the front that I couldn't figure out why they were there.
#28 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 04:02 PM

MomtoXane: I'm so sorry about your friend! While I too have been feeling a little moody/blue lately, I think losing a friend has got to exacerbate everything. Is there anyone close you can talk to about it? Again, I'm so sorry. And, I've found that both sleep, and focusing on the smaller things (versus the bigger pic) often helps get you moving again, albeit slowly at first.

Larissa: I'm going to steal your dream about being pampered with spa treatments for days. . . a great little mind-candy escape.
#29 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 05:12 PM

MomtoXane - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Normal, healthy grief feels a lot like depression but isn't the same. I'd try to avoid any pharmaceutical treatments if you think you can weather it. Talk therapy is a great idea.

I'm 27 weeks now, so I guess I'm officially 3rd trimester! Spa treatments are so far off from my mind, I would love to just not have to make dinner anymore.
#30 of 95 Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 PM

I don't have any other choice but to just have nice dreams about spa treatments!! Because it's not ever going to happen! LOL

We were told girl with our oldest son . . . and um . . . . he's not a girl!

We were told girl this time, and because of our past experience, we are not sure we believe it! I have felt all along that this one is a girl, but I suppose we'll know for sure when "she" makes her arrival!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page