Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat Week of Dec 15th - 21st

394 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  G&B'sMama 
#1 ·
How's everyone doing this week?

I passed my glucose test so that's great news!!!
:

Also this might be TMI but I've been so sore in my groin area, like I pulled a muscle. The nurse said it was normal and I needed to be stretching - which I have been doing - but I haven't noticed any improvement. Anything else I should be doing?

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know about a pulled muscle. Sounds painful, though.

It's really icy weather around here, and the buses were running so late- I had to wait outside today for and hour and forty minutes in the cold. I stayed warm everywhere except my legs- I can't fit into any long johns or snowpants and these thin little maternity pants are horrible for the cold!
: All of that made me a little grumpy today. Wish I could just go home and take a nap.

#3 ·
I've had hip pain nearly every night for the last few weeks, but last night (after a weekend of cleaning/organizing) I started having pain in my pubic bone and cervix. Eeeek!
I guess I need to slow down a little.

My in-laws are coming down this week for my husband's 30th birthday & for Christmas. They are going to tile our kitchen and bathrooms (we've got this ugly laminate right now), and paint the baby room this week. I've picked an Ivory-ish color for the walls. They are also going to buy us a crib & changing table/dresser set. We found a very nice set (convertible) for $499. Not too bad considering it's very sturdy. We won't be using it until Isobel is about one year old or so, but it's nice that they are getting it for us. I will have to take pics when we get it all set up!
: I'm going to do lots of creative decorating.

#4 ·
Well we are finally getting into the christmas spirit around our house. I made a bunch of chocolates (recees and almond joy knock offs) at my mom's house Ssaturday and got the tree on Sunday. It is starting to feel like the holidays, fianlly. I think I am even done shopping. Now i just need to get around to sewing the rest of the cloth gift bags for everyone and start (and finish) the scarf for MIL.

Oh, and i am also reading the Twilight series of books. 2/3 of the way through book 3. Maybe when I am done with #3 I will do the rest of the christmas stuff before starting book 4. Not likely, these books are addictive. I read the first 2 in the last 2 weeks.

Baby wise, not much going on. I got the swing and PNP from a friend at work and DH is insisting we should have waited longer to get them. "we still have 3 more months!" Yea, that is NOT that long. We still don't have much in the way of clothing, but he will be well diapered at least. I also need to return the basinette from DD since it was involved in a recall a few months back and get a new one for DS.

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance company if they are going to cover my midwife. I should know thjis week, I hope. Cross your fingers for me on that one! They really don't have a reason to deny me though. They specify that they DO cover CNM midwives, but there are NONE in network at all, so mine should be covered under a gap extention, but who knows how it will really play out......

#5 ·
Well, I failed my fFN test at the Dr office last friday. I know it doesnt mean a whole lot about me going into PTL labor, but it does mean that my Dr is going to keep me on my meds/bed rest for at least a little while longer. Which stinks but I know it's for a good cause! If the test came back negative he was going to let me off bed rest and my meds. I just gotta keep this little guy in there for a while longer. I can not believe its only 10 more weeks until we are considered full term (which 37 weeks for us would be AMAZING) anything after that is just BONUS!!

#6 ·
Spent this weekend looking for a formal maternity dress. I can't believe how hard it was to find one! I was starting to convince myself I was going to have to show up to this New Year's masquerade ball in jeans because no one had affordable maternity formal dresses. I ended up having a really nice lady help me out at once of those stores in the mall that sells formal dresses on one side and clothes even Brittney Spears would consider "too raunchy" on the other. It's not a maternity dress, but it doesn't fit like a plus-sized dress would typically fit. Excited because it doesn't look like a tent and I actually feel pretty in it.

Tomorrow's my 2nd 3 hr. glucose test. Joy. At least it gets me out of a half-day of work.

I'm starting to get people asking when I'm due and commenting on how far away it is. Thanks for rubbing it in, people.

Had an early Christmas with my mother and sister, because my sister's going to be in NY during Christmas (cross your fingers...hopefully, she's getting proposed to in Rockefeller Center on Christmas Eve, if everything goes according to her boyfriend's plan...squeeee!). I got a "Bun in the Oven 2008" ornament which was really cute! And Rolaids as a stocking stuffer. I love my mom!

#7 ·
I am taking the BP meds and have had mostly normal (low-end) readings since I started on them. I broke out some of Cy's baby clothes and have started washing them so I can get them hung up and put away. I can't believe that we are getting so close. I have so much to do.

We start our week of Christmas on Saturday. I sent dh to the store tonight to get things so I can start baking. How come everything sounds good when you are pregnant? My list so far is: gingersnaps, PB chip chocolate cookies, and sugar cookies. Plus, I think I may make a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake on Saturday. MMM, and spinach artichoke dip in a pumpernickle bread bowl. I am so making myself hungry.

#8 ·
Oh! Cheesecake and spinach dip...yummy! I bought the stuff to make chocolate cheesecake, now just have to do it.

I am conked out tired, and have been for several days. With the insomnia, just can't seem to catch up. But I know I'm not alone...and still feeling grateful that my discomforts are mostly limited to insomnia and heartburn.

Even though it was hard to do, I got up at 5am today to participate in a Christmas Bird Count. Glad I found the motivation to participate, as I enjoy birding so much. However, a count makes for a long and intense day. There's no way I'm tackling it with a nine month old in tow (next year), so this may be my last count for awhile.

My DH coordinates Christmas Bird Counts as part of his job, and he and I teamed up for this count. It is very satisfying teamwork, as our birding styles are different but complimentary. Also perfect in that he understood my need for frequent snacks and potty breaks! A good day.

#9 ·
This week is CRAZY! I am so grateful that I am feeling so good because otherwise I would be miserable. I think that all the activity has me sleeping really well, which helps how I feel.

This week I have been working on publicity for my book, today I was on playboy radio talking about pregnancy and eating good foods. So my office is buzzing with excitement. And on Wednesday I shoot a video on sensual massage for pregnancy that includes a perineal massage that my partner and I developed. I am really happy to capture part of my pregnancy on really high quality film that I will have for years and years to come.

We fly back to Ohio right after the shoot. A whole week with our families there! And of course the rennovation of our new house are way behind schedule. Our move in date is now January...but I am gone more than half the month. Won't be able to settle down until Feb...crazy!

I do feel my skin burning on my belly though and I feel like the baby must have grown a whole bunch because my abdomen got really big. There is so much movement happening in there. I think the baby is transverse because I get kick and punches on opposite sides of my lower abdomen. Hope it decides to turn as things get nearer.

Love checking in!

#10 ·
Well, here is what is new with me. My uterus is really getting high and it tickles/ itches under my ribs. So annoying. I love watching my belly move as our son dances inside. We found out we are having a boy and that has really been a joy to help me imagine "life on the outside" with him. We are planning to co-sleep for the first six months or so, but are still getting his room ready. My sister-in-law is throwing a shower for us so I've been having fun putting our registry together. I finally found a crib set that I love. The interior decorating style my husband I both prefer is very spare and modern, however some of the modern crib sets just didn't feel right for the baby. It was like they were too mature or something? So I found this. The sheets are actually circles like the changing pad cover, so it's still modern, but for a baby, and it goes with our primary color themed room.
School is winding down, thank goodness. I am really looking forward to two weeks uninterrupted nesting time. Oh, and dh and I agreed that for Christmas we will take a little babymoon! I think we may just stay at a fancy hotel in Denver, eat out, movie, and maybe I can squeeze in a pre-natal massage in there somewhere.
My doctor said that my low lying placenta is still considered low lying, but that because it was almost 4 cm away from the aas (spelling?) it shouldn't be a problem. I will see a midwife on Friday and we will hear what she has to say about it; then I will make my decision between mw and doc. I'm leaning towards mw, though because this clinic has way more resources than the doc's office including a free lactation consultant and weekly breastfeeding meeting/ class thingies. Plus I think a mw might really help my dh help me in labor which could lead to a much more positive birth.
That's it so far! Hope everyone is having a good week.

#11 ·
We have had a busy week with the boys doing lots of Christmas programs at school. I have put off shopping until now because I wasn't sure how much we had to spend so I have a lot to take care of this week. Our money has been very tight so I have been worried but just this week we were chosen as one of the families to receive a Secret Santa gift of $250 though the University and dh was in a very minor fender bender and the guy handed him a few hundred in cash to cover the scratch he made on our bumper. It couldn't have come at a better time!

Pregnancy wise no news is good news right? I have had some pubic and hip pain but it is very minor so far compared to what I experienced last time. I have been stretching every night before bed and that seems to help. Down to the double digits in days left of this pregnancy! I am so looking forward to March!

#12 ·
Things here are good...I spent the last 3 days frantically trimming and glazing pots to make it into the last kiln firing before the holidays, and I did, so I'm happy. Yesterday I treated myself to a prenatal message, and today I went to the HFS to get all of my ingredients to make homemade sugar scrubs for family and friends. Now I have to design the tags and make ribbon out of twigs and vine and I'm set!

Absentee husband and I toured the l&d suite on Sunday night, and I loved it! Nice big tub that I can birth in (I thought I could only labor in it) and very few hospital policies on important things like time limits for failure to progress, and food during labor, so I'm really jazzed that I'll likely get the birth I want there.

Baby is good, she's hanging out on my bladder ALL THE TIME. I am growing literally by the day now, but my dr says that my face has actually thinned out (what EVERY pregnant woman wants to hear
)
Tired doesn't come close to explaining the way that I feel right now. It's like "Go Go Go Go Go Go Go Go DONE!!!!!". No gradual letdown. It's instantaneous.

Can't really complain though. I'm freaking out because I hit 30 weeks this week, which puts my weeks left into the SINGLE DIGITS. I am so unprepared..

#13 ·
jdubblewe- I have a massage scheduled for tonight- and I am SO looking forward to it. Plus, it's FREE! A masseusse gave my MW gift certificates for free massages to give her her patients because she wants to get more practice on pregnant women. Plus- she is coming to my house. We are supposed to get a dump of snow today, so I am just crossing my fingers that it doesn't come, or that it stays away until after I get my massage.

Plus, just as icing on the cake- at the Girl Scout leader meeting/holiday party I won another free massage and my health insurance is going to start covering "medical" related message- anything prescribed by an in-network provider- Jan 1. I can't tell you how excited I am about that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.