We have a winner! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh gosh she is sooo sweet!! I hope she continues to improve every day!

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2009, 08:53 PM

Thank you for the update. I have been thinking about you guys. Healing thoughts your way. Just a note, a good friend of mine had her baby at 26 weeks and now he is 4 years old and perfect!!! Prayers and hugs...
Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 PM

Thanks for sharing. Glad things are going well.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone. This is the husband again with a quick update on Maggie & Cristi.

Cristi should be coming home tomorrow. She was kept an extra day due to increasing blood pressure.

Maggie is doing very well. For four days we've been receiving news that she is stable...that nothing is improving or getting worse. Well today we got several bits of information that tell us she is getting better. The ultrasound of her head returned showing no brain bleed whatsoever. Her acidosis is also improving. These two things were our and her doctor's biggest concerns.

She is out from underneath the jaundice lights after spending only two days under them. She is only on 22% oxygen - just 1% more than regular air. She has started accepting Cristi's milk through a central line. Her respirator has been tuned down a notch. She has even gained back some of the weight she lost after birth. She is now a whopping 1lb 5 oz. She was actually 1lb 6oz at birth. I believe I may have been off by an ounce if I've told you otherwise.

Everything seems to all of a sudden be very promising rather than being "wait and see". Of course, it is still wait and see - but at least we can breathe a tiny sigh of relief that she seems to be managing things well so far.

All of your concern and well wishes are really appreciated. Cristi says she hopes to get back to doing this herself when she gets home.

Just a squeaky girl in a squeaky world.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 AM

Good news! She is a fighter! We will continue to think about our first March baby!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 AM

That sounds so wonderfully positive! She's only going to get stronger! I'm so glad for you guys, and will keep thinking positively for you!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 AM

Ohh, you have a precious baby girl! Praying that the mom and baby will come home soon with perfect good health. I also know a lady who had a baby boy at 24 weeks and he is doing terrific now!

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Thanks for the update, Daddy! It's good to hear the progress!

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 PM

Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl you have there! I'm so glad to read that there's positive progress!

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM

I'm so glad things are going well. Sounds like you have a long road ahead, but are in good shape. thanks for taking the time to update us!

Homebirthing mama of 2
Old 01-06-2009, 07:52 PM

Great update! THanks for letting us know.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM

That's great news. Thanks for sharing the updates and I send positive thoughts towards your little girl.

treehugger.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsurf.gif

Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 PM

Lots of good news! I am so glad they are both doing well.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 01-07-2009, 12:30 AM

thanks for the update! I'm glad all is well.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Everyone! It's me and not Brad this time!

Unfortunately I am STILL in the hospital. The docs can't seem to get my BP under control and are trying to figure out if I will now have ongoing issues due to the effects of HELLP. Last night I topped out at 179/97, so they probably won't let me go home again today. I'm torn as I really want to be home with Brad & Beans but also want to stay here with Maggie. Oh and the hormone emotions are NOT helping the situation ... hahaha!

Maggie is doing GREAT! They started her on my breastmilk day before yesterday and she is already putting on a few grams. She is not back to her birth weight yet but she is on her way! Last night I got to help with the hands on, I got to feed her, clean her face and hands, and change the tee-tiniest diaper I've ever seen in my life. She also had her first BM yesterday, so that's a good indicator that she is processing the food. I also found out last night that as soon as they can get a PIC line in I will be able to hold her (kangaroo care). This both thrills and scares the dickens out of me. She is so tiny and fragile but I can't wait to hold her against my skin! She is simply the most amazing creature I've ever seen and I love her beyond measure!

I hope you all are doing well and look forward to hearing all of your birth stories in DUE TIME! Don't any of you attempt my stunts at home! haha

Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Wow, thanks for the update!!! She is a fighter and so are you!!!
Prayers going up for you and that sweet little babe. Sounds like she's doing great!! Keep up your spirits mamma!!! A positive attitude makes ALL the difference! And those prayers too!!

God bless you, your dh, and sweet little Maggie!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM

Christi-
So great to hear from you. Sending you some healing thoughts so your bp gets under control. So glad Maggie is doing great.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM

Thank you for the update, Christi! It's great to hear from you. I'm SO glad to hear that you have been able to take part in her care. I think that is so important for so many reasons. Here's hoping the kangaroo care can get going sooner than later!!! I can only imagine how scary it could be to imagine it, but once she is in your arms you will know exactlly what to do with your sweet Maggie.

More healing vibes to both you and Maggie!

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM

Hey Christi - glad to hear things are progressing well. Just a thought - my good friend delivered her son at 26 weeks, and he weighed about the same as Maggie. Kangaroo care really sped up her sons development, and he is a happy, healthy 11 year old now.

Hope your health improves!

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Thanks so much for keeping us updated. I think of you all often and have shared your story with my DP who also sends his support.

I remember when I was in massage school and they talked about touch helping babies to put on weight and increase brain function. How just 15 minutes a day can really help. I've been sending touch and massage vibes Maggie's way.

I hope that your BP gets back to normal and that you are able to be home soon. It seems that you are in good spirits which shows how strong you are.

Lots of love your way.:
Old 01-07-2009, 08:35 PM

It's great to hear from you Christi! I'm so glad Maggie is doing well and you're able to help care for her. I'm so happy for you that you'll get a chance to hold her soon! I'm sending healing, blood pressure lowering vibes your way!

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 PM

I'm glad that everyone is OK. Thank goodness. What a scary situation. I hope you both can go home ASAP and live a normal life!!

"A winner?" What a Male Sentiment, LOL! Men just HAVE to be competitive about everything!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekybuddha View Post
Maggie is doing GREAT! They started her on my breastmilk day before yesterday and she is already putting on a few grams. She is not back to her birth weight yet but she is on her way! Last night I got to help with the hands on, I got to feed her, clean her face and hands, and change the tee-tiniest diaper I've ever seen in my life. She also had her first BM yesterday, so that's a good indicator that she is processing the food. I also found out last night that as soon as they can get a PIC line in I will be able to hold her (kangaroo care). This both thrills and scares the dickens out of me. She is so tiny and fragile but I can't wait to hold her against my skin! She is simply the most amazing creature I've ever seen and I love her beyond measure!

I hope you all are doing well and look forward to hearing all of your birth stories in DUE TIME! Don't any of you attempt my stunts at home! haha

I'm so glad that things are going SO well, that is amazing. I've never had a little baby, but my sis did and it was so awe-inspiring to hold such a teeny life in your arms. Blessings!

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 01-09-2009, 04:31 PM

That is such great news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

:Mama to 2 :
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Yea for Kangaroo care! Sending cuddly thoughts your way.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:50 AM

I just wanted to say I am still thinking of you and your family. I hope you are all happy and healthy!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:46 AM

I am new here but wanted to tell you that your daughter is beautiful.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Things continue to go as well as can be expected. She was extubated this past Friday and I actually got to hold her on Saturday. It was the most wonderful and scary moment. She is so tiny and fragile but full of spunk! She told me toward the end of the hour that she was ready to go back to bed by yelling at me a bit. But that's okay, I'm just thankful to hear her tiny little voice.

Yesterday was a little different, she was over stimulated and let us all know any time we tried to touch her. However, she is receiving my milk again (it had to be stopped for a day as she wasn't tollerating it well) and continues to gain weight. She now weighs 30 grams more than her birth weight (she's 670 grams as of yesterday).

Thank you all for your continued good vibes, we will definitely need them over the next 2 months!

Love to you all!
Cristi

Old 01-13-2009, 01:37 PM

I wanted to send you a , a : for Maggie's progress and many, many more :. I hope that you are recovering well yourself!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:47 PM

Good to hear she is doing well. She will big soon enough and ready to go home

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)

User Tag List