We have a winner! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 132 Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wasn't able to see her Sunday or Monday, but made it up there yesterday. It was slow going, but not too bad, the drive home after dark was the slickest part. I stayed for 4.5 hours and enjoyed every minute of it. That sounds like a long time, but not having seen her since Saturday, well you can imagine that it just wasn't long enough. Since OKC schools are closed today, Beans' MDO program will be closed so we'll wait until Brad gets home from work before heading up to the hospital. That will be good thought because we've been wanting to take Beans up to visit and Brad hasn't seen her since Saturday either, so he will want to go.

Personal Note to MultiMomma: We had the chicken noodle soup last night and it was DELICIOUS! Thanks!

Just a squeaky girl in a squeaky world.

#122 of 132 Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 PM

Yay! on the soup AND seeing Maggie. Hope you guys make it tonight...it's dh's third day off of work and he's more than the kids.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#123 of 132 Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 PM

So glad to hear things are continuing to improve for Maggie.

Your DH is right- talking with a counselor would be a wonderful help. Don't resist it, just do it!
#124 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekybuddha View Post
Hello everyone!

Maggie is doing quite well for a micro-preemie. She finally hit 2 pounds last night! Yay! She is now taking 3cc of breast milk every 3 hours with no residual. (She is being fed through a tube, so they check before each feeding to see how much she has not digested (residual) and then gage her next feeding on that.) She stills has occasional episodes of heart & breathing irregularities but those are "normal" for preemies as the signals from their brains don't always make it to the intended destination on time. This is because those nerves are not fully formed yet, however this will improve with time as they continue to grow with her.

I've set up a page at CaringBridge.org for her so I can keep all our friends and family update in a more timely manner. Please feel free to visit her page and leave us a note in the guestbook if you like. Here is a link to her site. (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maggieisoldaray)

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and good wishes, we need all of that we can get!
Everyone take some time to check on Cristi and Maggie, they've been going through some tuff stuff.

#125 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 02:43 AM

Thanks for posting!

Sounds like they've been on quite the roller coaster the last week. Hopefully it's the only bad spot & Maggie just gets better & better from now on.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#126 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 AM

I'm sorry this week has been so scary. My thoughts are with you and your family. Maggie sounds like such a little fighter though! I can't believe how much she has grown!
#127 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 09:46 AM

It sucks that the weather is still bad, pretty soon she will be big enough to go home with you!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#128 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM

oh cristi - i don't even know what to say, just , more and to top it off, a

i hope your little girl continues to fight and get big and strong!!

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#129 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much for your continued good vibes. Maggie needs all the help she can get.

She IS gaining weight and weighed 2 lbs 14 oz last night! She has now doubled her birth weight and for that we are extremely grateful. She looks like a completely different baby now. She is having fewer desats and the bradys are almost gone completely.

I am so happy for all of you and how well your pregnancies are going and how wonderful it is when someone's little loved one arrives. Good luck and much love to you all!

Just a squeaky girl in a squeaky world.

#130 of 132 Old 02-05-2009, 04:11 PM

Oh that is awesome she has doubled her weight! Glad things are continuing to improve!!!

~RG Natural Babies Free Shipping on several items and orders over $60!  BumGenius, Tiny Tush, Rumparooz, RMD, Rockin Green & more!  We have all your diapering needs!
#131 of 132 Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM

#132 of 132 Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekybuddha View Post
She IS gaining weight and weighed 2 lbs 14 oz last night! She has now doubled her birth weight and for that we are extremely grateful. She looks like a completely different baby now. She is having fewer desats and the bradys are almost gone completely.!
That is so fantastic! She'll be home with you before you know it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page