Can you feel your baby through your cervix? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's mostly likely way TMI... But I'm fighting a yeast infection & when I went to insert the stuff this morning, I decided check my cervix while I was at it & was surprised to find that I could feel the baby (it wasn't to impressed & tried to move away lol) Anybody else experience being able to feel the baby this way at this stage?

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#2 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 PM

Baby? Heck, I can't even find my cervix. It has been in hiding for some time......

W (26) and C (27) parenting G (11/06 ) and D (2/09 ) plus a new one (3/11)
Sometimes the greener grass is actually AstroTurf, a false promise and nothing more.
#3 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM

Sometimes when the baby moves I can feel it on the inside of my cervix. This weekend the baby was hiccuping and I felt it so strongly, that I'm sure if someone could feel it from the outside of the cervix.
#4 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsboyko View Post
Baby? Heck, I can't even find my cervix. It has been in hiding for some time......
I can't reach my cervix either! It's SUPER high!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#5 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 01:03 PM

I wouldn't know what to feel for, in order to find my cervix.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#6 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Mine isn't dilated yet so, no... I would be too afraid to push my finger into it. Is yours dilated a bit?
#7 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantine View Post
Mine isn't dilated yet so, no... I would be too afraid to push my finger into it. Is yours dilated a bit?
Mine must be? I could get my finger all the way up & felt the baby move away from it... I don't check my cervix hardly at all, but I was surprised to feel how soft it was & decided to see if it was open at all & was quit shocked to find that I could easily feel all the way up to the baby Now I'm a lil worried that I shouldn't be able to do that at this point...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#8 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 02:12 PM

I tried to feel mine the other day, and it was WAY high. I couldn't reach it.

-
#9 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post
Mine must be? I could get my finger all the way up & felt the baby move away from it... I don't check my cervix hardly at all, but I was surprised to feel how soft it was & decided to see if it was open at all & was quit shocked to find that I could easily feel all the way up to the baby Now I'm a lil worried that I shouldn't be able to do that at this point...
There's nothing wrong with being able to do it, you're cervix is fine. I probably wouldn't do it while you're fighting a yeast infection since you don't want to introduce any unfriendly bacteria up there. Everything is normally traveling down in your vagina and when you put something up there it can give it a ride up, if that makes sense. Not trying to freak you out, I'm sure it's not a problem now, I just wouldn't keep doing it. How cool that you felt your baby already

I only know of one other person that felt their little one this early, (might've been a few weeks later) she felt her baby's hand.
#10 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM

I have a high cervix, so I havent tried...

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#11 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangaroomum25 View Post
There's nothing wrong with being able to do it, you're cervix is fine. I probably wouldn't do it while you're fighting a yeast infection since you don't want to introduce any unfriendly bacteria up there. Everything is normally traveling down in your vagina and when you put something up there it can give it a ride up, if that makes sense. Not trying to freak you out, I'm sure it's not a problem now, I just wouldn't keep doing it. How cool that you felt your baby already

I only know of one other person that felt their little one this early, (might've been a few weeks later) she felt her baby's hand.
Yeah I realized how stupid that was to check when I have an infection right after I did it... & I'm not overly comfortable checking myself period when I'm pregnant, so it won't be happening again... It was pretty cool to feel baby though I guess I'm mostly worried about it being so open etc, because I was really puking sick the last couple of days (managed to break all the blood vessels in my face & get fairly dehydrated & have been worried about pre-term labour b/c of that... But I guess I should try to stop worrying... If I have this baby around the same week of pregnancy as my ds, then I only have 4 weeks left & I guess it would make sense for my body to be preparing...

#12 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM

You're eating lots of yogurt, kefir, and other probiotics? I've known people that have walked around 7 cm dilated for weeks. Dilation really doesn't mean that much. I've had a bug on and off this pregnancy, eating lots of bubbies brand sauerkraut helps a lot.
#13 of 16 Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM

I checked my cervix the other day and it is towards the back and closed. I can barely reach it. I could feel the baby there though when I pressed around outside it and actually pushed on her a little and she moved. It was pretty neat

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#14 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 12:06 AM

I can't reach mine even when I'm not pregnant, so no clue. Bet that was a surprise for both of you, though.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#15 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 AM

I check mine here and there since I feel contractions sometimes... Mine isnt dilated enough to get my finger all the way in. My cervix is soft and squishy though...

When I was pregnant with twins (as a surrogate) I was dilated to 3 for a while..I checked my cervix then and would "play" with baby..hehehe it was pretty odd, but really neat. I loved it.

treehugger.gifApril
Momma to Ella  4/5/00, Apollo 3/9/09  and Guinevere in 9/26/11
Owner of www.ConfidentBeginnings.com

#16 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 PM

2nd pregnancy for me... where is my cervix?? :

lol... I don't know how to find it, what to feel for, etc. But most likely because I'm not a "toucher" if ya know what I mean
But I want to feel my baby!!! With my first I was a whole *1&1/2cm* when I got the hospital (after 8 hrs of contractions) so obviously I wouldn't have been able to feel her anyway...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page