Top of uterus hurting BAD. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to know if anyone else is feeling this. This is my 4th and have never had this. Its a pain on the top of my uterus that hurts. A constant kind of sharp pain. My baby is moving and no bleeding. No more BH then normal but it hurts. If I am not laying down it hurts. I am a SAHM to a 19 month old, 3 year old and 7 year old I can't lay down all the time and if I do I get crawled all over. Has anyone else had this if so did you find out what it is?

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#2 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 08:58 PM

Well we don’t usually get a lot of snow here, but in December it just dumped on us, and it stuck around a couple weeks. I had a similar problem during that time. It wasn’t necessarily related to any specific incident, but I was bending over a lot to put on snow boots (vs. slip on shoes) and help my kids with their boots and snow suits and what not. All that bending over would compress the top of my uterus- and a couple of times it went rock hard just at the top. It hurt and I had to lie down to make it go away. The area was very localized, and didn’t necessarily happen in conjunction with me bending over each time- more like if I bent over a bunch of times and squished it in a day my uterus had just had too much. Baby still moved, I didn’t have any contractions or BH (but I tend not to anyway). When I told the MW about it, she said the localized hardening was a protection mechanism. If the uterus is under some type of stress, it will harden. She also said- stop bending over so many times a day!
#3 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm thinking my Dr is going to say the same thing. I guess I am paranoid. I had a mc befor this pregnancy and just feel like something is wrong.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#4 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 PM

I'd talk to your doc about it for sure.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#5 of 16 Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

I called today and she called me back at about 3 and said I can come in or watch it over night and let them know in the morning(this was her nurse) It hasn't let up this time. Over the weekend it let up and then went away but this time I can't get comfortable. It hurts to sit to lye to do anything.

#6 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 AM

I would go in as soon as you can. Everything is probably fine, but you should always trust your instincts.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#7 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM

I have been having something similar i think. Mine is right at the area between uterus and ribs. I think i pulled a muscle or something. It has been getting worse over the last 3 weeks. Right now it is a stinging pain almost constantly. i definitely notice it gets worse if I lift DD. Also, sitting in the car must put me in a perfectly bad position because that is like torture, constant sharp pains. And i drive an hour to and from work every day. Ack, I can't wait till I can stop working. 25 days and counting.....

W (26) and C (27) parenting G (11/06 ) and D (2/09 ) plus a new one (3/11)
Sometimes the greener grass is actually AstroTurf, a false promise and nothing more.
#8 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 05:11 PM

How are you feeling Motherto4?

#9 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Not so good. Still have the pain and now if I bend over my uterus hardens. I have a Dr appt. at 4:00 central time so I will update when I find out what is going on. THe baby is still moving so that is my reasurance. Thanks for asking.

#10 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM

I pray all goes well and you get some answers. Hugs.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#11 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

I went to the Dr and she said the baby looked great that the reason she thinks I am having this pain is a combo of The fact that I am measuring 3 weeks ahead this week and only 1 week ahead 3 weeks ago(big growth), I may have pulled a muscle in my ribs and that I have terrible acid reflux. She wrote me a script for Pepcid and said she wanted to see me back in two weeks. SHe also said that she put a hex on me becasue I didn't do my GD test yet!! THanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

#12 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 PM

Glad it's all manageable! Hope you get some relief soon!!!

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#13 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM

That sounds like a good reason! That's some major growth! It's amazing what these babies put our bodies through. I hope you start feeling some relief soon.
#14 of 16 Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

My Dr said that The baby grows so fast and displaces the other thing(stomch intestines, ect) that think they live there! I have said this befor but I LOVE my Dr. She is so honest and doesn't beet around the bush. She cares but doesn't baby. She tells you like it is and doesn't mince words. I asked her today if the baby was head down and she said she doesn't really worry or check that untill 35 weeks because even if it is right now it might now stay that way. Also She will check me when I have my Group B test but unless I ask she won't check me again. In essence I have a MW that can do surgery.

#15 of 16 Old 01-23-2009, 12:17 AM

Glad the baby is doing well, but sorry you're so uncomfortable! I hope you feel better soon. That's so great that you have a doctor you love.

#16 of 16 Old 01-23-2009, 02:27 AM

I was thinking that maybe you might be a bit bruised inside & that's why it's hurting.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page