belly binding anyone? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks so much for the link!! I have been trying & failing miserably to find videos of how to do the binding.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#32 of 37 Old 03-01-2009, 01:00 PM

Have any of the new moms started trying this yet?

Homebirthing mama of 2
#33 of 37 Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM

In all of your searches has anyone found anything that would work for a very plus-size belly? I can't use ace bandages or anything like that because they just roll off. I'm having such a hard time finding something though. (Seriously, my lower belly hangs so low I will need something to lift it first.)

I was thinking about just using shapewear, but that seems like it could get messy with the bleeding and all. I've never been graceful when removing shapewear... I can just see a huge mess.
#34 of 37 Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Amy, I'm very plus sized too & I'm able to use the ace bandages. I got some 6" wide ones from the dollar store & sewed 2 together. I think I'm going to get a couple more just to make it a better lenth. If you have one, you could also try using a wrap carrier, although that would be really bulky, or any long piece of cloth.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#35 of 37 Old 03-01-2009, 09:12 PM

I tried a sling today out of desperation. It was futile. I hadn't thought about sewing bandages together though. That might work. I'll check if our dollar store has any.
#36 of 37 Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM

I bought some firm control undies yesterday for some added support, but I want something that will help hold up my whole tummy (not just the bottom half). I'm going to watch the youtube video and see if I can't do something like that myself. If not, I may have to order a belly binder.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#37 of 37 Old 03-02-2009, 12:36 PM

the you tube video is about supporting a pregnant belly... i'm wondering if it's different how we want the uterus to be positioned for a postpartum belly. I know a major point in the whole thing is getting the uterus to a place where the ligaments can shrink to the right length, so I don't want to mess that up. I just never understand that description in another thread about laying on your back and using a sock...????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page