Can't believe this happened to me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-07-2009, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This morning I was at Walmart, and this woman walks up to me and says hello and gives me a flyer. She is starting a weight loss contest, and did I know anyone who was interested? A year ago she lost 86 pounds and she feels great, blah, blah, blah. Now she wants to help other people, and again, did I know anyone who was interested? To please pass along her flyer? Okay, REALLY? I never saw her approach anyone else. I know I could have said, I'm pg, blah, blah, but I didn't. Okay, just to clarify, I am obviously pregnant, but whatever. Just thought I would vent, cause this really got to me. I looked really darn good before I was pregnant!

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::
#2 of 14 Old 02-07-2009, 05:24 PM

#3 of 14 Old 02-07-2009, 06:09 PM

Crashing from April....

Maybe she's just one of those nuts from bygone decades that thinks you should only gain 5 pounds during pregnancy? You know, the ones who used to crash diet, chain smoke and wear girdles to keep that pesky baby belly under control
#4 of 14 Old 02-07-2009, 09:29 PM

some people are ignorant...my aunt for example let me just say that she is really vain and superficial anyway but only a couple of days after I had my *youngest* she was asking me about what I planned to do as far as weight loss etc. I was like wth? they dont even recommend starting until like 6-8 wks pp anyway. I had just had a baby for crying out loud! She also was like wouldnt you like to get a tummy tuck etc too? Dont you want to have a nice body. Umm I had just had 4 kids in like 5 yrs give me a break! She also said similar things to my sister but some were more insulting. My aunt used to be really big and only had one child but she was big because she stuffed her face with junk food and she still does but she had a tummy tuck and breast implants and now she's always talking smack about other peoples weight @@. People like that are just well no nice way to put it, they are stupid .

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#5 of 14 Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LOL. I'm sorry...not laughing at you, but hopefully with you. People are so effing stupid sometimes. I probably would have laughed right at her and said, "I'm pregnant, not fat...but I will pass it along, sure..."

I've never felt fat or big in my life until recently. I weigh 15 lbs more than when I gave birth to ds and have gained 40 lbs...probably great for me since I am normally pretty tiny, but wow, I am starting to go, "Oh, this is sort of similar to what people must feel like when they are overweight..." My ass and thighs are huge (for me) and I personally kind of like it....haha. But, I know people are staring at my fat ass now and then...and so is dh, and not without slight disgust I think. oh well.

You are probably beautiful and don't look anything but pregnant. But, her eyes and mind were focused on finding people bigger than small, probably and she wasn't thinking clearly...

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#6 of 14 Old 02-08-2009, 12:00 AM

My mom made me "diet soup" a few weeks ago.

Expecting a boy? Be sure to check out MDC's Case Against Circumcision!
#7 of 14 Old 02-08-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tatum View Post
I've never felt fat or big in my life until recently. I weigh 15 lbs more than when I gave birth to ds and have gained 40 lbs...probably great for me since I am normally pretty tiny, but wow, I am starting to go, "Oh, this is sort of similar to what people must feel like when they are overweight..." My ass and thighs are huge (for me) and I personally kind of like it....haha. But, I know people are staring at my fat ass now and then...and so is dh, and not without slight disgust I think. oh well.

That is so funny that you say that about what people feel like when they are over weight. I have a hard time getting up and my legs are week and all that and I just think, This must be what it feels liek to be over weight. I will say I'm not a skinny minny but I'm by no meens fat either.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#8 of 14 Old 02-08-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherto4 View Post
That is so funny that you say that about what people feel like when they are over weight. I have a hard time getting up and my legs are week and all that and I just think, This must be what it feels liek to be over weight. I will say I'm not a skinny minny but I'm by no meens fat either.

I'm overweight and it doesnt feel like that to be overweight, I'm actually healthier and more active than some thin people I know normally when not pregnant. I cant speak for super morbidly obese people on how they feel but thats a whole other type of issue a person has but just being overweight or what is considered barely obese no it doesnt feel that way at all ...how *you* feel right now is called being pregnant in the last trimester .

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband

#9 of 14 Old 02-08-2009, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I feel this same way. I was never skinny, skinny, but just comfortable with my size, and now I'm miserable. And now I think swelling is starting, my shoes for church were super tight this morning. So, it's just more than eating too much, etc. I've gained about as much as you, too, 40ish lbs. I've already been telling my husband that after this baby comes and I'm healed, he's going to have let me go walking in the evenings. I'm already planning how I'm going to lose it, I'm so uncomfortable! I feel like I disgust my dh, too, not that he ever, ever says anything, it's just a feeling. But he still loves on me, etc.
Anyway, ladies, thanks for making me feel better! I know that this is temporary, and almost over! And soon enough I'll be smaller and holding my DD in my arms! I think I was just over sensitive because I already feel so big and horrible!

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::
#10 of 14 Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, I guess my dh knows me well enough to know that I am really comfortable with myself, my body, etc, no matter what - and a few weeks ago, I said, "God, my butt is really plump these days, huh?" He replies, "yeah" no hesitation...so I start laughing. Then I said, "Wouldn't that be nice if it stayed like this but everything else went back to normal?" He, again, no hesitation, says, "NO!" "I like your butt just fine...a little bigger is ok, but THIS is TOO big!" I really started cracking up, but at the same time, I'm like, "wow I didn't expect you to say that." So, I just ended it by saying that I like it as big as it is now and he said he didn't. Oh well.

But, now a few weeks later, its getting even bigger... and I am not even 33 weeks yet. Oh boy...so I don't know how much longer I'll stay so confident in my big butt - but now I definitely notice the different kind of stares I get from him when I walk by and catch him looking at my butt. Its good we can laugh about it, but at the same time, I think, "Jeez, I am not like 400 lbs, we can stop blowing it out of proportion now..."

That is good you have a plan for losing it. I don't. But I do like your idea of walking in the evenings...that sounds so nice. I am probably not worried because all I did was nurse my ds and was back to my normal weight in less than two weeks. But, I didn't gain a lot, he was little and early...so, we'll see this time! I am also not someone who can keep weight on without making it a daily effort, so again, I don't worry too much...but I could definitely have a rude awakening this time, so I might steal your plan!!!

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#11 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I am probably not worried because all I did was nurse my ds and was back to my normal weight in less than two weeks.
OMG!! You lucky little thing! I've NEVER been that lucky! I've always had to work really hard to get the weight off. Sounds like you like your big butt! That's good, I don't like mine right now! LOL

#12 of 14 Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 PM

I was having my NST at the hospital last week and I could hear the mother of the pregnant woman next to me going on and on about this great new diet pill she could take as soon as the baby was born.
I felt so horrible for the woman getting the NST. I wanted to kick her mom out!

:Mama to 2 :
#13 of 14 Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mygirl View Post
I was having my NST at the hospital last week and I could hear the mother of the pregnant woman next to me going on and on about this great new diet pill she could take as soon as the baby was born.
I felt so horrible for the woman getting the NST. I wanted to kick her mom out!
That's awful! And from her own mother :

#14 of 14 Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlymamma View Post
That's awful! And from her own mother :
my mom would do that....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page