Mucus Plug - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2009, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woo Hoo I am starting to lose mucus plug It started Wed with a VE at the MW's. That afternoon I was spotting. SO I took it easy Thursday since my IL's were due in Friday. Friday I had to be at the GS cookie delivery(for the troop) & then facilitate a Girl Scout event By the end of cookie delivery(I did no lifting just counted cases) I was losing plug It has been slow but steady since Friday~ My DH is not happy about it but I figure that it will still be awhile I am worried since last night I noticed the 'birth' smell after i went to the bathroom~ So it makes me wonder if I am starting to leak finally~

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2009, 02:15 AM

Have you noticed any actual leakage yet??? Sounds like you are getting close

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
Old 02-09-2009, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

I did notice a slight leak after a bathroom break this am~ I have leaked with 3 of my 5 that are here~ With my last it was not confirmed but it was a dry birth~ I so don't want a repeat of that! It was so painful. I will say that I had sub-standard care with that pg. This time I am being very proactive. I have actually been tested a few times for my peace of mind~

Hopefully I am not going to hang out like this for too long I know that you can lose plug for a while but is that with all pg or just 1st timers?

Melissa
Old 02-09-2009, 02:31 AM

what is the birth smell???
Old 02-09-2009, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
what is the birth smell???
With all of my children in the delivery room I have noticed a definite odor. Same odor that I smell in the room & on them~ It is a sweet distinct odor that I associate with birth~ Last time I noticed it off & on for about 2 weeks prior to Storm's arrival~ I was so busy with getting ready for a houose full of family for my 3 kids First Communion that i did not realize it's significance~ i am super viligant this time since last time I had a uterine infection during the PP time~ I don't mind open membranes as long as I know & take precautions which I failed to do with Storm~

Melissa
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 AM

Not just first-timers. You can lose the plug gradually no matter how many kids. It can also regenerate.

Are you keeping really well hydrated? Even after gushing for over 3 days, I didn't have a dry birth with ds2, I think because I was drinking so much water.

And I agree, birth has a definite smell to it. There's actually a thread in....I think the homebirth forum on Birth & Beyond, atm.. Somewhere around here. lol

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM

woohoo!! I was going to post on the same thing! I went to the potty yesterday and noticed a small chunk of blood tinged mucus came out on the TP. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and am excited that my body is getting ready!

Wife, Mother and Doula.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM

Sounds like it's getting close!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

I think we are all going to start seeing more signs How many of us are due at the beginning of the month?

Melissa
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Melissa- how exciting!

I'm due at the beginning of the month too- will be 37 weeks tommorrow. Wednesday I go to the midwife. No major changes that I have noticed- but in the past my body has a way of getting ready without me even knowing it.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
Not just first-timers. You can lose the plug gradually no matter how many kids. It can also regenerate.

Are you keeping really well hydrated? Even after gushing for over 3 days, I didn't have a dry birth with ds2, I think because I was drinking so much water.

And I agree, birth has a definite smell to it. There's actually a thread in....I think the homebirth forum on Birth & Beyond, atm.. Somewhere around here. lol
:
It will regenerate, so take it easy a few days if you can

I had a leak a few weeks ago, and definitely up your intake of liquids. You produce approximately a cup of amniotic fluid every hour, so drink a LOT and know that your body does keep producing, and if it's a slow leak, you'll likely not have a dry birth. Obviously you don't want that due to damage to the cord.

I think the big issue, Melissa, is that you are doing enough to make me feel like a lazy mom Slow down, would ya? Yesterday my oldest turned 14, and we bought store-bought cupcakes and frozen burger patties. I was soooo embarrassed. But lord help me if I could have done anything else.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
:
It will regenerate, so take it easy a few days if you can

I had a leak a few weeks ago, and definitely up your intake of liquids. You produce approximately a cup of amniotic fluid every hour, so drink a LOT and know that your body does keep producing, and if it's a slow leak, you'll likely not have a dry birth. Obviously you don't want that due to damage to the cord.
Thanks for the reminder about the liquid I am really bad about hydration~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
I think the big issue, Melissa, is that you are doing enough to make me feel like a lazy mom Slow down, would ya? Yesterday my oldest turned 14, and we bought store-bought cupcakes and frozen burger patties. I was soooo embarrassed. But lord help me if I could have done anything else.

What is so funny is that I am so much slower rigth now than usual For my troop we only sold cookies this year~ I have a lot of guilt over that For the most part it was just my girls who sold & after today most of the cookies will be delivered We only sold 500 boxes this year~ Slow for us LOL! If my MIL was not here I would be taking it even easier~ But now that she is here & will be until this baby arrives I can do anything I want(within reason!) So I am going to finish cookie delivery & try in the next 48 hours to get a friend of mine to take some professional belly photos before it is too late!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaguan View Post
I think we are all going to start seeing more signs How many of us are due at the beginning of the month?

Melissa
I was given two different due dates - March 7 and February 27 - so I'm guessing it's somewhere between the two.

I'm definitely having more signs, the main one being periods of strong but not painful contractions that go on for a couple of hours in the evening. I've been having these episodes for the last few nights, and if this is anything like my last two pregnancies then I'm expecting to have the baby in the next week or maybe two.

Am I the only one who has never noticed losing their mucus plug?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:46 PM

how exciting! gotta admit, i'm a little jealous. i thought for SURE i'd be done by now with how everything was going. regardless, i'm glad she's still cookin!

my later of the 2 due dates that i've been given is 3/3. i lost my plug over 2 weeks ago, but never had any blood with it. i'm pretty sure it just regenerated.

every time i go to the bathroom i feel almost let down to not have anything "exciting" on the tissue when i wipe

i haven't been back to work since my ptl issues and i don't think i'm going to go. i really do not have the energy!

i say this all the time, but i can't believe we're almost there!!!

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
Old 02-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Melissa
I'm due March 7th...but going on history I'm not counting on anything until March 15 at least. So I'm trying to be patient and stop thinking "How am I going to live with this for another MONTH!?"

I have passed some mucous. Had a leak a few weeks ago (which is a first, I've never done that before...even my miscarriages didn't leak) Having contractions off and on.

You're right though, it's just a matter of time!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
What is so funny is that I am so much slower rigth now than usual For my troop we only sold cookies this year~ I have a lot of guilt over that For the most part it was just my girls who sold & after today most of the cookies will be delivered We only sold 500 boxes this year~ Slow for us LOL! If my MIL was not here I would be taking it even easier~ But now that she is here & will be until this baby arrives I can do anything I want(within reason!) So I am going to finish cookie delivery & try in the next 48 hours to get a friend of mine to take some professional belly photos before it is too late!
I'm not a girl scout leader, but I am a cub scout leader. We're going bowling tomorrow night, so I'm kind of : I did walk the block with my own girls to sell cookies, and we've sold about 180 boxes, but our council is doing this weird deal, you don't order, you have to pick up and do show-n-sell, which I despise because you're moving cookies and not sure if you're going to sell them. The boys are doing a mulch sale as a fundraiser, and I'm like NO WAY.

I am irritated because someone asked me to babysit their child over spring break. I'm like WTF? I'm due the week before spring break, do you really think I'll be watching her? She has a nanny for crying out loud! Who will ALSO be on spring break because she's a college student.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 PM

I am due March 7th. Haven't lost mine yet. I am definitely super "moist" down there, though, and I was already dilated about 1cm about 2-3 weeks ago. I haven't checked since. Getting a lot more pelvic pain, as well as occasional cramping. The baby is also wiggling like CRAZY!

-
Old 02-09-2009, 04:36 PM

ohh bummer... I dont have ANY of these signs yet! Does that mean I'm not going to be early??! AH!

I'm due March 4th- no leakage ( more than normal at least) no mucus plug that I've noticed.... I wish! I have been walking to try and get this baby to drop- last week at 36 week appt I was only 1/2 a cem. dialated.

This is my first baby- should I just get over my wish of wanting this baby, like, NEXT WEEK!?
Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 PM

I haven't noticed anything either. I'm hoping to go a little early but I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 PM

Due either Feb 26 or March 1. Ds2 came at 37 weeks, though.

Quote:
Am I the only one who has never noticed losing their mucus plug?
It all came out in one *huge* blob when my water broke with ds1. Never noticed it at all with ds2.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List