full moon tonight - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2009, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I just looked up the full moons for my kids and there is no pattern...DD was born 2 days before a full moon and ds was born 2 days after a new moon...

I don't think this full moon will do anything for me plus I need to wait at least another 2 weeks before I can deliver at home...I'm hoping this LO comes near his due date just like the other two...(DD 4 days early, DS on EDD), so hopefully it will be 3/20 for us...

But I will say that I know of 5 ladies that had babies in the last 5 days...

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 AM

Hmm, are you still feeling flu like symptom? Getting a flu like symptoms is one of the sign that labor will begin soon... (along with diarrhea or irritability among other signs...)
I've been having freq. bh about 2 weeks now so my mw told me to take extra Calcium/Magnesium and red raspberry tea to relax the muscles. Also more pressure on my bottom, hard to hold pee especially when walking (shopping!), had to start using pads instead of liners LOL...
Both of my kids were born 38 weeks + 2 and 3 days which is around 21st of Feb., so I need to be ready in 2 weeks or before then. However, I can't have this baby until I hear back from insurance for our hb coverage!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollin View Post
I think I'm getting the flu or something so I hope not. Maybe next full moon!

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
Old 02-10-2009, 12:42 PM

All of my kids have been born right around the Last quarter of the moon. That is the 16th of this month. I don't know though becasue my first 2 were induced.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

Old 02-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriemom View Post
I've always heard it has more to do with a shift in barometric pressure than with the lunar cycle. (Though I have no scientific data or research to support either theory!)

Keep us posted with how things go for you this week!
That's what got DS to come. The nurses confirmed that it's not uncommon for them to have a rush on deliveries when a low pressure front comes through.

But I made it through the full moon last night. DH even got the car stuck in the mud looking at properties and I had to go rescue him in the truck. LOL

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 

User Tag List