full moon tonight - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone have a feeling?

while the correlation between the lunar phases and childbirth has yet to be scientifically proven, many in the natural childbirth world believe that there is a definite link to a rise in births under the full moon.

i noticed a little leakage yesterday and a long menstrual cramp when i woke this morning. otherwise, i've been feeling sort of woozy the last few days and really, really exhausted. that's it though. i definitely believe in that stuff but don't want to focus on it, to avoid the frustration of nothing happening.

wondering if any of our progressing mama's might have something special to report tomorrow or the next day?

: single mom extraordinaire, keeper of eew since 02/09
#2 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM

I hope not. I'm not cleared for a HB until 2/14. If I went into labor today, I would have to go to the hospital for PTL or a premie.

Expecting a boy? Be sure to check out MDC's Case Against Circumcision!
#3 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 02:39 PM

That has crossed my mind But I am hoping to make it until Friday~ I just love the thougth of a Friday the 13th baby

Melissa
#4 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 02:44 PM

I think I'm getting the flu or something so I hope not. Maybe next full moon!
#5 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaguan View Post
That has crossed my mind But I am hoping to make it until Friday~ I just love the thougth of a Friday the 13th baby

Melissa
me too! i just very recently realized that there is a friday the 13th in BOTH february and march, so we could very well have quite a few!

i hate the idea of going into mid-march though...and b forbade me from having the baby this weekend - it's his biggest money making weekend of the year pretty much. so if i have to compromise, i'll take the full moon i guess

#6 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 03:00 PM

March 13th is too late for me! I don't want to go all the way to 42 weeks. Feb 13th would be ok, but I wouldn't mind a little later. Too bad it's not a leap year. Feb 29th would have been perfect. Right around his due date.
#7 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Well, I'm off the Terbutaline, but I don't feel like anything's going to happen tonight.

I LOVE Valentine's day. I would be so happy to have this baby on 2/14.
#8 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 03:19 PM

I was just thinking about this last night. I am definitely starting to feel like maybe this baby wants to come early, but I am only 36 weeks 3 days. My birthday is on the 11th, and my (late) grandpa's birthday is the 13th, then of course V-day on the 14th. Maybe what I am feeling is just normal late pregnancy stuff though. I would be more certain if this wasn't my first baby.

-
#9 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 PM

I have noticed an increase in BHish ctx the past two days, occuring randomly whereas before they've only happened with exercise/stress.

I started preterm labor contractions last time around on a full moon.

March 13 would be far preferable - I'm due March 14th
#10 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 04:26 PM

Hmmm.... I hope so, I want this baby to come now I have been really woozy too, very strange.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#11 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been having frequent contractions for a few hours now, not very regular but some are painful. As much as I'm ready mentally and physically to have the baby, it's just not a very convenient time. : Next week would be so much better. There's no other signs, no bleeding or leaking or anything like that, so I'm trying not to worry.

Sending labor vibes to those who want them! :
#12 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM

I just wanted to add this, with respect to lunar phases. A doula friend of mine and I were talking about trying to determine when this babe would show up, based on this info for ds1:
-his latest 'due date'
-the day he actually arrived
-what part of the lunar phase we were in relative to these two dates

Turns out that ds1's latest due date and this little one's latest due date are in the same exact part of the lunar cycle! I think it was something like 8 days before the full moon. (She was maybe going to fly out for the birth, so we were trying to figure out when he was most likely to show up so she could schedule her flight, and she suggested looking at lunar phases. Turns out she couldn't come after all. )

Anyway, what's even more eerie, or I guess I should say cool, is that I had 6 postpartum periods, starting when ds1 was 13 months old, and they were ALL 38 days apart exactly...until the last one, which was only 28 days. Almost like the universe knew that this baby was going to be showing up, and wanted the lunar cycle to be lined up correctly. Okay, I know that sounds really hokey, but it sounds interesting, doesn't it?

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#13 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanatheart View Post
Anyway, what's even more eerie, or I guess I should say cool, is that I had 6 postpartum periods, starting when ds1 was 13 months old, and they were ALL 38 days apart exactly...until the last one, which was only 28 days. Almost like the universe knew that this baby was going to be showing up, and wanted the lunar cycle to be lined up correctly. Okay, I know that sounds really hokey, but it sounds interesting, doesn't it?
I had a logical explaination until I got to this part. I thought perhaps you were one of the women who ovulates on the full moon, but not with 38-day cycles!

Expecting a boy? Be sure to check out MDC's Case Against Circumcision!
#14 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM

I thought the full moon was last Friday? Here I was all relieved that I made it past it. Uh oh! A low pressure front is also moving in this week, so this may be my week.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#15 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 05:28 PM

lol, I'll wait the 28 more days for next moon cycle PLEASE. Seriously please, I need that time. I am exactly 4 weeks from my due date too, so wouldn't that be something

~RG Natural Babies Free Shipping on several items and orders over $60!  BumGenius, Tiny Tush, Rumparooz, RMD, Rockin Green & more!  We have all your diapering needs!
#16 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 05:38 PM

Well my Dr's took me off my PTL meds today. So I guess it could happen tonight, but I'm not thinking so. I'm only 35 weeks so I'm hoping this little guys stays in for at least 2 more weeks.

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#17 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Mine baby girl needs to stay in just a little longer especially if I want a homebirth (and I really do)!!

But I'm also not due until 3/21..... I'm hoping for the 13th of March!!
I think that would be cool.

Can't wait to start reading about all the babies that will be arriving in the next month or so!!!
#18 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
I thought the full moon was last Friday? Here I was all relieved that I made it past it. Uh oh! A low pressure front is also moving in this week, so this may be my week.
I've always heard it has more to do with a shift in barometric pressure than with the lunar cycle. (Though I have no scientific data or research to support either theory!)

Keep us posted with how things go for you this week!
#19 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
My last labor started when a front came in and changed the barometric pressure. Good luck!
#20 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Anybody know where I can find the full moon info for 2002??? I would love to see if there was one when my dd was born. March of that year.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#21 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 07:07 PM

I read somewhere...I cant remember where, that there are more baby girls born on the new moon which is the 24th of Feb.

I have been having lots of BH but I am so worn out and my daughter was up all night with a cold. I am hoping to make it to my due date 3/2.
#22 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 PM

If you want to look up past phases of the moon- you could go to an astrology site and look it up in their database.
#23 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 07:19 PM

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.php

you can search any year back to 1700!
#24 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat5143 View Post

Thanks! All three of my babies were born during the first quarter - I hope this baby follows suit. That would mean sometime after March 4, which would be really good timing for us.
#25 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Hmmm.... thanks for the site, ds was born on a new moon day, dd I can't say when .... weird.

#26 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanatheart View Post
I just wanted to add this, with respect to lunar phases. A doula friend of mine and I were talking about trying to determine when this babe would show up, based on this info for ds1:
-his latest 'due date'
-the day he actually arrived
-what part of the lunar phase we were in relative to these two dates

Turns out that ds1's latest due date and this little one's latest due date are in the same exact part of the lunar cycle! I think it was something like 8 days before the full moon. (She was maybe going to fly out for the birth, so we were trying to figure out when he was most likely to show up so she could schedule her flight, and she suggested looking at lunar phases. Turns out she couldn't come after all. )

i won't say hokey, definitely interesting! i love finding weird, inexplicable patterns in seemingly random events!!

i gotta admit, i've been feeling CRAZY pressure on my cervix/pelvis all day today. she feels lower than ever, and i've had a few sporadic strong contrax. perhaps labor isn't imminent, but i'm definitely starting to wonder if i'm being affected!!

going out to dinner and then to stargaze and appreciate the moon with b....perhaps i'll meditate on it and see if the universe shows me something.

if she waits for the new moon, that puts me 2 days before my u/s dd, 2/26.

#27 of 34 Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
i gotta admit, i've been feeling CRAZY pressure on my cervix/pelvis all day today. she feels lower than ever, and i've had a few sporadic strong contrax. perhaps labor isn't imminent, but i'm definitely starting to wonder if i'm being affected!!
Yeah, me too. I woke up this morning & for the first time in weeks, the skin right below my ribs wasn't being stretched to the utmost, because his/her butt was quite a bit lower. No contractions, but lots of pressure.

I really want to see a chiro at least once before this baby comes, though!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#28 of 34 Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 AM

I have been feeling more pressure today too, and a few contrax. I am at 37 weeks according to my first EDD, and 38 weeks according to my 20+wk ultrasound.

Quote:
I thought the full moon was last Friday? Here I was all relieved that I made it past it. Uh oh! A low pressure front is also moving in this week, so this may be my week
Yep, I was thinking about that low pressure front earlier today, I think it is coming Wednesday, right?
#29 of 34 Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 AM

What are the full moons in Feb and March called, does anyone know off the top of their heads?

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#30 of 34 Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 AM

Thanks for the link! Can someone explain how to read this chart? I was looking up my dd's b day which is May 16, 2006 but in 2006, there is no date for May 16... How can I see if it was full moon or what phase the moon was? Also my ds's b day is June 09, 2002. (If I remember right, I think this time, it was full moon phase).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat5143 View Post

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page