annoyed with swelling... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else getting annoyed with the occasional swelling throughout the day?? I wake up every morning & my legs look great....then my day starts . I have found that it usually occurs in the afternoon or early evening....pretty much after I have been on my feet for a good chunk of time . It's hard to avoid that though when I have other kids I need to chase after & things to get done around our house!!!

I just hate the way my feet feel when they start to swell even the slightest!!!
#2 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM

I'm with you. My feet and legs are usually okay in the morning (and my hands as well), but the gradually swell throughout the day. It's not a lot, and definitely not "pitting" but just enough to make my skin feel tight and uncomfortable. The only thing that helps is to keep my feet up all day long. I can tell you- that just isn't going to happen!

My only sanity is knowing that I had it so much worse when I was pg with DD. I started to swell around 20 weeks and it never got better, only worse until I delivered. I could stick my finger in my ankles to the first joint and leave a dent. So I guess I am just thankful each night I get some relief.

Plus, what a great DH I have. He's home all day with the kids, works PT in the evening, and still comes home and rubs my swollen feet.
#3 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Very much so! I've been dealing with swelling since November. One pair of shoes fit and there's been some mornings where even those are tight. My hands swell up so bad, it hurts to write. I'm sooooo done with the swelling.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM

Same here - just for the past few days, thankfully! It is very uncomfortable towards the end of the day... my poor little feet get so puffy.
#5 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

So glad to know that I am not alone & going crazy with this!!! I am finding that it's worse for me with the heat....so baking/cooking dinner makes it worse, then when I go to chill in the other room the swelling goes down nicely :.

I know I had some issues w/ my last couple pg's too ~~ but not as much since they were in summer & I had my AC on all the time ...no issues w/ heat induced swelling while staying in the house!

I try to get my feet up in the afternoon...but it's tough some days & I am trying to watch my salt intake too ~~~ although that can be tough when you eat chinese food

Dana
#6 of 8 Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 PM

I'm right there with ya'!! I've had BAD swelling in my ankles and legs. I was put on bedrest twice b/c of the swelling (once a modified bedrest and the other full blown- but each only lasted like 5 days. Thankfully).

Mine legs/ankles look fine in the morning and then by the end of the day, if I'm up and moving around (which I am.... I have an almost 5 year old), then by the end of the day, my legs look SO gross and are uncomfortable.

I had swelling with my son but the swelling came so much faster this time around.
#7 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 AM

I swell a little bit in my hands mainly when my blood sugar is high. This is my first pregnancy with that happening as I usally don't swell until I get right before my due date.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#8 of 8 Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm so glad for this thread, to see I'm not alone! Swelling just started about 2 weeks ago, now I can't wear my wedding ring or any other ring for that matter. I'll put them on the morning, and then could barely get them off! No more rings for me! And, on Sunday, I couldn't wear my heels to church :, even some of my flats were too tight. Counting down the days to not being pregnant anymore...

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page