I'm so upset - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My bf is the one who really encouraged me to cloth diaper, but another friend is the one who is letting me borrow her diapers as my bf has a six month old that she's cd'ing right now. I totally understood that, but I've been stressed out about how to fill up our cd stash because the aio are so expensive, and we don't have a lot of money. So the past couple of weeks, when we've talked about cd, I've mentioned how we can't afford to buy them, how we need more because I don't think we have enough, etc. And she was very sympathetic, but didn't have much to offer besides calling another friend who is SO poor, and has a baby in cd still, and asking her to give me her prefolds. Which I'm so not going to do, she's still using them! So I started sewing my own prefolds, and trying to figure out how to make covers.

So tonight we're talking and she tells me ANOTHER mutual friend who just had a baby got in her tax refund and called to ask her opinion on what cloth diapers to buy to build up HER stash, and my bf just offers her all of HER cloth diapers that her six month old has outgrown. WTH? Not only doesn't mutual friend #2 have a couple of thousand that she just got back from the government, I thought we were friends. Why would she not think of me?

Part of me wants to be petty and just sposies around her. : I was so shocked I couldn't even think about telling her how I felt. I thought we were bf. I'm good nuff for babysitting and that's about it.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#2 of 9 Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 PM

s to you! I hate when people do things like this~

Melissa
#3 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 AM

That's really inconsiderate of her, especially when she knows you wanted more diapers.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#4 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 AM

Wow... as much as I'd like to give your friend the benefit of the doubt, it almost appears like this was deliberate. I mean, she'd have to really be clueless and not very bright to not think of giving you the cd's instead of this mutual friend. I mean, really.??? I'd be very hurt too if I were you.

I think I'd say something. Do you feel comfortable doing that? Or, back off from the friendship and when she asks what's up you can then bring this up? How do you feel about that?

I'm really sorry mamma.
#5 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 12:51 AM

That is pretty strange especially if she knew you needed them!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#6 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 AM

I totally agree she was in the wrong....

However it sounds like you sew, so I can't help but offer some suggestions for making diapers or covers. I make fitteds with the free mamabird (maybe 2 words?) you can get online. You can make them with flannel or whatever you have or can get cheap that soaks up pee. Also, you don't need too many covers. I only have 4 small covers and it is plenty. I mean unless it gets poopy you just let it dry and use it again. You can also make wool covers with old sweaters that you shrink in the wash. Check out the diaper making forum for lots of ideas and help.

Making CDs saves so much money over buying and obviously both save money over disposables in the long run. I felt like I didn't get as much of the money savings at first when they are moving through sizes quickly, but we have been using size large now since my son turned 9 months and we have soooo gotten our money's worth out of them. Once you get making fitteds you can start making pockets or aios too....the only problem with them is that they require some materials (PUL mainly) that you need to order online. Even so I estimate my cost per pocket diaper is under 2 dollars. Anyway, I could go on and on, but I will not

- CDing mama

Married to my sweet DH and mom to Teddy (1-4-07) and Silas : (3-21-09)
#7 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 01:52 AM

well that just sucks. sorry to hear that this happened!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#8 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 12:56 PM

If I had a sewing machine I would make a bunch of these:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=656494

You can even cut them out of old pfs... but yeah, who knows what she's thinking? Not cool.
#9 of 9 Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM

you can do fleece covers to if you have fleece too :-), that is sort of messed up about your friend I am sorry.

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page