What a day! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-12-2009, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my 37 week appt this am~ So my day started earlier than usual (6am) with everyone getting up & getting ready to go the MW's. We planned on doing a drive by of the hospital so that everyone knows where we are going(my MIL, Oldest DD & DH). About 6:30am I started showing some early labor signs(bloody show, loose stools, uncomfortable cramps) so I packed everything just in case~ We get there & I am still uncomfortable & not able to sit down SO they check me tell me I am at 3cm(instead of the 1cm I was last week). I knew I had done some changing but I had hoped it was more Then they sent me out walking told me to stay close(I live 1.5 hours away) so a few hours later it was if nothing was happening the contractions had slowed the bloody show was gone So we got checked again no change so we made the choice to come home~ I have been super tired not hungry but the closer I got to my house the more crampy I felt~ So I have taken a huge nap now I am hungry & am eating~ Then I plan on showering & going back to bed~

this is a 1st in all my 6 to have a 'false' sort of labor~ very embarassing But the MW tried to reassure me by saying maybe it is just really early labor & I am super in tune & stressed about getting to the hospital on time so the closer I got the more my body stressed~

Hope everyone else had a better day!

Melissa
#2 of 5 Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 PM

that's pretty wild! hope you can get some rest.

Homebirthing mama of 2
#3 of 5 Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 AM

Hmmm... I wouldn't be surprised if you're posting tomorrow with some different news!
#4 of 5 Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM

I have been having lots of early labor stuff this time around and since this is #5 I have been more on edge than usual since babe could come pretty fast and I am only 34 weeks. All the guessing games are one of the things that make it so exciting, I guess!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#5 of 5 Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page