Okay I'm ready!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I finally have everything on the list from the mw ready and on hand. I blew up the fishy pool this morning for a trial run. Which to my relief will work perfectly, I'm 5'1'' so it is totally deep enough to cover my belly in labor. Not only do I have everything ready, but I have finally reached the "Ohh I am soo uncomfortable phase." I feel so big that it is hard to eat, because I don't think my belly could stretch anymore. And every time I sit on the floor with the kids to play and move to much I get braxton hicks ctx, actually it feels like anytime I move around I get them. I'm 37 weeks now and my other 2 babies were right on time, so I'm not holding out much hope that this one will be early. Which is fine, cook baby cook, just wondering if others are feeling as done as me? Honestly I think I've done well to make it this far before the extreme discomfort and total lack of energy kicked in. But boy, it has hit full force!

Stick a Fork in me I'm done!!!!

Full time mom to 10/04 2/06 and my sweet surpise 3/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM

I am so done too! But I am just 36 weeks and I usually go late so I have a while to bake and get stuff ready. I am usually very patient being pregnant but I am so done with it.

I hope you baby arrives when it is ready but gives you some relief.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
Old 02-14-2009, 04:45 PM

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow - bing I am done! Good to go baby and lacking in patience!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:38 PM

I am so there. I'm only 35 weeks but I am ready. I am way bigger this time. I can't breath when I stand up, I can't carry my kids, I can't sleep on my tummy(which I so desperatly want to do these days) I am ready to hold and nurse my baby. I am so excited. This is my 4th and it feels like my 1st. I have my bag packed for me and the baby(minus the last minute things) just waiting on my hubby to get his stuff in there. I have been having a lot of BH and some are a little painfull(not like labor but painful) and cramps. I woke up this morning FULL of energy and have cleaned my house including mopping all my floors(I have only wood and tile in my house). I have the babys clothes clean and all the diapers prepped. I am re-dieing some today that I died yellow and they just are not that pretty so I'm dieing them red then going to tie-die them black! I'm going to put the bedding back on the crib today so it's ready and then I think I can relax. I have had diareah all day and threw up once this morning but I don't feel sick. sorry if that was TMI!

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

Old 02-14-2009, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Physically I am so ready. I'm having tons of contractions and twinges in my cervix, and I just feel like my body is ready to go. The baby is moving a lot and it's getting uncomfortable because the kicks and squirms are so strong, so I feel like the baby must be ready to come out, too. I'm 38 weeks, and my last baby was born at just over 38 weeks.

However, we're moving to our new house little by little over the course of the weekend, my on-call babysitter for the older kids is out of town until sometime tomorrow, and I have a lot of things I need to do to get settled into the new house. So it would really be better if the baby decided to wait a few days. Sigh.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:02 PM

I'm soooooo ready! I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and WOW, I am DONE!! I know it would be better for the little guy to stay in for at least another week but I just don't know if we will make it. I went into PTL at 24 weeks so I have spent the last 11 weeks on bed rest and meds. I finally got the go ahead to come off the meds and start moving around last week and every since I have been having a ton of painful contractions every night (including a brief trip to the hospital on Thurs morning) but they eventually subside and I'm able to sleep (I do wake up about 4-5 times with a contraction though) He has dropped so low that it is painful to even walk around at this point. I am a little over 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced now. I have started losing my mucus plug but not in the big bloody clumps I had hoped for All and all, I think it will be soon. How soon though, I have no idea!! I am just all around uncomfortable and ready for Mr London to come into the world.

Thanks for listening and the opportunity to rant!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:07 PM

I have a lot of things left to do still but physically I'd really just like for my baby to be here now. I'm not extremely uncomfortable but I'd just like my baby to be here. I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday and then baby can come!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM

yay I am finished too almost lol 37 weeks too! I am jealous of all the homebirthers wish it were me , I have to live vicariously through you all and the girls on my CD board though! Its sad for me in a way because I'm really high risk this time and it kind of takes the fun out of everything. I only have two weeks left. My ob wants to try for the 28th I'll be 39 weeks so thats normally when they like to and I need to wean on to some meds before I go into labor anyway...so its almost over. Hopefully we will make it out of this ok, I love my ob and know that we will but I still worry. I still have stuff I need to take care of but hopefully that will be done when our tax refund gets here if it ever does lol!

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Just about done here too. Just a few last minute things to do yet but those will be done within the next week. I have plenty of time though seeing that I never go early. I'm definitely ready for these next 3 weeks to fly by!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 PM

Physically, I'd be happy to be pregnant a few more weeks. Emotionally, I need this baby to come soon. The stress can not be doing him/her any good. Plus, the sooner the baby comes, the longer period of time I'll have help for. Won't be long either way, but I'd rather have a month than 2 weeks.

I actually thought last night might be it. Had contractions for 4 hours that were steadily getting stronger. Finally decided to at least try to get some sleep, figured they'd either stop or I'd be getting up again. Fell asleep just after one & didn't wake up again for a few hours, so either falling asleep stopped them, or I slept through them & they gradually stopped. When I woke up, had cramps & I've had to be in the bathroom a few times today, so something is definitely going on.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

User Tag List