If the sex thing works... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hubby and I havent' had sex in probably... 5 months or so? Today, we somehow were both in the mood!!

It didn't start at all because I wanted to induce labor, but I will admit, when we we're.. ya know.. I kept thinking.. I wonder if this will induce labor!

And there was some nipple stimulation, I think.

It's been an hour since and I'm just bouncin' on a birth ball. Nothing different yet, just crampy, I will be very very very surprised if this actually brings on labor tonight. I'm not " feelin' it" but wouldn't it be so funny/crazy!!

I'm 38 1/2 weeks BTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 AM

That would be pretty cool!

Hope it works for ya!
#3 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

thank you.

just went for a 10 minute short walk for some fresh air.

My mind is messing with me. I am telling myself, it's not going to happen... but what if it does.. it could.. what should I do..

then I remind myself. The Lord knows. All in his perfect timing!

Relax, Relax.....
#4 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Hasn't worked yet for me.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#5 of 16 Old 02-22-2009, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

It didnt' work for me either...
#6 of 16 Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 AM

nor me.....and towards the end of my last pregnancy (DS was born at 41+1) we were dtd everyday....

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#7 of 16 Old 02-23-2009, 12:53 AM

at least it is a fun way to pass the time! and it can occupy your mind, get the blood flowing, remind you of how you got in this mess . . .
#8 of 16 Old 02-23-2009, 03:23 PM

Hasn't worked for me yet either and we've been DTD almost everyday.
#9 of 16 Old 02-23-2009, 04:04 PM

I so wish I could try this method. I *want* too, but I also feel like if anyone touches me I'll scream and hit them. I hurt so bad (especially in the area this would focus on ).
#10 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 02:31 AM

It worked for me with my second child :-)

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#11 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 AM

Yeah, both my SO and I can't get past the mental thought that there's someone in the room with us while we're dtd. And no position is comfortable for either of us right now. And it kinda hurts me. So no testing this theory for us, methinks.

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

#12 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post
Yeah, both my SO and I can't get past the mental thought that there's someone in the room with us while we're dtd. And no position is comfortable for either of us right now. And it kinda hurts me. So no testing this theory for us, methinks.
ha, yeah.. positions were a hard thing. My vagina ( can we say that word here?) was sore afterwards too and I don't think that's good for pushing out a baby! So we're done trying that for now.
#13 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 PM

I forced Dh into doing the deed last night. I could definitely feel some sharp stabing pain in my cervix afterwards (like stretching, *HOPEFULLY*), and a couple of contractions afterwards but nothing too intense. Maybe we will wait a few days and try again!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#14 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 PM

Hey all! So glad to see people experimenting with this

I am aiming for an orgasmic birth so DTD is way up there on my priorities, unless of course my water breaks, then we are switching to other forms of stimulation.

As your DDC resident sex educator, I have to say how important orgasm is and fequency of orgasm. In order to induce labor you should aim for 3-5 orgasms in a a day. Orgasm causes your Uterus to contract and can strengthen it for the big moment. If in prolonged arousal you will also produce Oxytocin which aids in opening the cervix. The orgasm doesn't have to be from intercourse, and there are lots of different types of orgasms to experiment with (clitoral, vaginal, g-spot, a-spot, uterine etc.), I find that clitoral orgasms produce the strongest contractions, but g-spot stimulation produces the most oxytocin.

Side note: I recently read an article from the 70's that talks about the psychosexual connection during the second stage of labor and how important it is in facilitating natural childbirth- facinating. It also talked about the waves of orgasm being very similar to waves of a uterine contraction.

The other important thing is the male fluids- the hormones in the fluids are 25-35% more effective than the artificial stuff they put on your cervix to soften it. You can take the fluids in in two ways for more effectiveness (oral/vaginal) (can I say that here? ).

Make sure that you are doing things that increase oxytocin. Oxytocin is your best friend, the love hormone and does so much to make us feel blissed out. Find things that give you "oxytocin rushes". For example, I like just lying in bed next to my partner and feeling how much love I have for him, with our skin touching. I also get rushes of oxytocin when kissing, being touched and having positive affimations whispered to me ("You are the sexiest pregnant woman ever!" "You are a glorious mother" "You are abundant beyond your wildest dreams.") It doesn't have to come from DTD if you aren't feeling up to it. Stay connected, gaze into each other's eyes, massage each other sensually, talk about how much you love each other and the miracle of creating a child together.

These are things I have been experimenting with during pregnancy. I have had BH since week 20 and have held off on really going for it until I reach full term which is this Friday. I can't wait. Although I think ultimately that the baby will come when it wants to come...but it will be fun to play and see what occurs!
#15 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchobhar View Post
Positioning can definitly be a challenge as we are so late in the game. I encourage you to keep trying. Pillows/cushions help a lot. And you don't have to DTD to test the theory- try other ways to stimulate orgasm and oxytocin production, like nipple stimulation, sensual massage, and self stimulation. (Hope I'm not going overboard here )

I did some free educational videos on pregnancy and sexual positions for a company called Liberator.
http://www.liberator.com/videos.php?...l=41&video=189 Maybe you will get some ideas from their site.
#16 of 16 Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 PM

I read a study once that seemed to suggest it was more likely that sex *often* in the last trimester would lead to labor earlier vs. just one sexual encounter - so saddle-up and do it again. (and again and again and again)

I tend to lose my sex drive in pregnancy (very different for me, as I normally enjoy and initiate sex often), but my husband always knows to hang on until 37 weeks (TODAY!) because I want all the benefits that late-term sex brings about. :

And for fun: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/541338

Mama to 4.5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page