lots of contractions, then nothing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has this happened to anyone else? I had contractions every 7-8 min around 10pm last night. I walked around, got ready for bed. They settled. Then around midnight, baby kicked and moved so much, I was in pain for over an hour. Then contractions again every 7-8 minutes till 3:30am. This morning I've had some again with the same timing. Then NOTHING!!! And just a few really strong contractions, without any pattern. I am 38 weeks tomorrow. I can hardly walk I am so uncomfortable, I am ready.... Anyone think I am close???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Sounds like you're prodromalling. It could be any day or it could be a few weeks yet. Prodromal seems to increase the more pregnancies you have. I had about 4 hours about a week ago where I was getting contractions I was sure were going to lead to labour. A couple hours last night with really mild ones, too. I never got a single contraction with ds1 & none until just before active labour with ds2, so this is really weird for me. Just trying to be patient & ignore them until it's obviously labour.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#3 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 AM

yep me too. I started last night, sat up with them doing some nipple stimulation and accupressure. Finally went to bed when I was convinced they were not going to stop. Then this morning woke up to more plus extreme pressure in the downstairs region I had an OB appt went to it, had to go for a NST, more contractions that the machine was picking up, mostly smaller but a couple really big ones. All the time they were the same 8 or so minutes apart. When we left the hospital dh and I went and walked around for a little bit, and they continued. Finally this afternoon I took a nap and they have settled down to an almost stop. I am thinking positive and that birth will be sooner rather than later.
#4 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 01:19 AM

This happens to me all.the.time! It goes on for weeks. Soooo frustrating.
#5 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 AM

I just started a thread last night posting about the same thing. I've had them on and off all week. Tonight they were painful and even about 5 minutes apart for about a 1/2, but after a bath and some tea, they slowed right back down. They always seem to peter out before bed and then start up again next late afternoon. I'm 36.5 weeks and have been having them for week and a half already.. ...Hoping this "warm-up" means easier/shorter labor. It's frustrating though. My dd#1 was preemie, so all this is new to me. The anxiety of "Is this it?" is killing me. I want dd #2 to cook another week or two, but then I am absolutely ready!

Hey
#6 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM

i had this once with each of my first and this time it has happened about 4 times so far and is driving me bonkers! i am worried that i will have no idea when it is the real thing.....
#7 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Count me in. One of these days it'll be the real thing! In the mean time....
#8 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

So glad you all wrote in... I'm not alone. I didn't have any contractions (that I was aware of) with #1 and had emergancy inducement with #2. I was so excited when it started!!! Last night was so quiet... nothing! So... back to waiting, why do these last few weeks go soooooo s-l-o-w!?! I keep having people asking if baby is here... not yet people!! He is taking his time
#9 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 12:13 PM

Me too. I have come to the point now where I just ignore them. Night before last they were even waking me up!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#10 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 02:37 PM

Contractions waking me up every other night for the past week. I had to breath through a couple of them.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#11 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 PM

I am so glad I am not alone here. This is my first so I thought my body was confused about what the heck to do. I'm sorry all of you ladies are going through this too, but I'm happy to know my body is normal

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#12 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 PM

that has got to be so frustrating, I'm sorry!! sending labor vibes your way!
#13 of 13 Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM

I've had a few as well. It's hard to get your hopes up and then realize nothing. Hopefully our bodies are just getting ready for the real thing so it'll go faster then.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page