I held my NB neice today and am ready. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My SIL had there baby today. She was due 10 days befor me and she's here. I'm Happy because this is my first neice/nephew so that makes me happy but I want my baby. I went to the Dr today for my appointment and still no dialation. I just want me baby. Sorry for the Vent but thanks for listening.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#2 of 8 Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 PM

What fun! They will be close in age Try to enjoy the last few days

Melissa
#3 of 8 Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM

That happened to me with my third baby. There was 10 years between #2 and #3 so it was like having my first all over again. The waiting was agony. My niece was due AFTER me but ended up being a preemie and came 10 days before my baby came. That was so hard. She was precious and beautiful and I loved her to pieces but it made waiting for MY baby so hard. I understand mamma. Not much longer!
#4 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I feel selfish because I have 3 kids but I want my baby so bad today.(well for a while) I wanted to just scoop her up and nurse her when tehy were having trouble. I just have this longing. And I am SOOOOO huge. I am jsut ready in so many ways.

I love her to pieces and just want to hold and smell her.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

#5 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 12:32 AM

Not too much longer! That's really awesome that the cousins will be so close in age.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#6 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 AM

I know what you mean about wanting to scoop her up! They had my preemie niece in the NICU (she was 5 weeks prem.) and they would not let Amanda touch her or nurse her because it "made her heart rate increase" and they were afraid of what it might do. Now, I'm no nurse, but I was hormonal and huge and very protective of ANY baby and I was LIVID. I kept telling my family to say something to them and insiste that they let Amanda hold and nurse that baby but they wouldn't. Anyway, I know what you mean. I wanted to scoop her up, too.
#7 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebabies View Post
I know what you mean about wanting to scoop her up! They had my preemie niece in the NICU (she was 5 weeks prem.) and they would not let Amanda touch her or nurse her because it "made her heart rate increase" and they were afraid of what it might do. Now, I'm no nurse, but I was hormonal and huge and very protective of ANY baby and I was LIVID. I kept telling my family to say something to them and insiste that they let Amanda hold and nurse that baby but they wouldn't. Anyway, I know what you mean. I wanted to scoop her up, too.
And the LC were trying to help her which was good but the baby was just soooooo tiered. I'm like just let her sleep a little then she will eat. And My SIL was scared that She was going to starve so that made her upset. It was just streesfull for her. She is trying to feed her ever 3 hours. I don't know about you but I feed my kids when they wanted to eat maybe sooner mabe later. The baby is Perfectly healthy so there is no reason to freek.

#8 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 PM

A former coworker had a baby about a month ago and brought her in when she was about 2 weeks old. More than holding her even it was her smell- it just kicked off this deep longing to hold my own baby and look in his or her eyes and nurse. I totally get that.

We will have our babies soon. I know I am ready, and I want my babe to be ready too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page