my dh needs surgery - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my dhs crohns disease has flared up lately and now his gastroenterologist and his surgeon both believe that the only option is surgery. if it wasnt for our impending new arrival he would be having surgery this week. apparently waiting isnt a problem, but my por dh is achy and very tired and i am worn out and achy too. he has surgery scheduled for may 1, which means that i am looking at looking after a 6 week old, 3yo, 6yo and an 8yo single handedly for around 2 months, and dh may well be in hospital for 7-10 days and need a further 6 weeks to recover. we are looking at at least 3 weeks of having dh unable to do anything at all and sleeping most of the time.

i am feeling rather emotional about the whole thing and sad that the birth of our baby is being more than a little over shadowed by the crohns disease and just a bit tired and sad.

i hate the fact that dh is obviously worried and stressed and tired, and i am sad that he isnt as enthusiastic about the baby (understandably) due o how he feels and i am worried as there are so many unknown variables with this sort of surgery that we cant e sure what will be found or how it will go.

i have been very tearful today, its just really crap timing
#2 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 03:43 PM

I am sorry your DH needs surgery. Is there anyone that can come and stay with you and help while he is recovering? My DH had some surgery right after DD #2 was born and was recovering for about 2 weeks. My MIL came and stayed and it was a huge help. Hopefully you can find someone to help out and ease the stress of it all.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#3 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Hopefully you can get some help. Maybe even just hiring a teen for a couple hours after school to help you out while your dh is in the hospital & recovering?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#4 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 PM

I'm so sorry....that must be hard on everyone.

Hopefully you can get some help after his surgery.
Best of luck to your hubby on his surgery. And also to your upcoming
birth!!
#5 of 6 Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 AM

A friend of mine was in a similar boat about 6 years ago~ It was very hard on the whole family but I really think that they now have a really special bond because of it~ s to you & your family! I hope that you have friends & family who will step in & help make the recovery easier on you all!

Melissa
#6 of 6 Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 AM

I'm so sorry. Definitely don't hesitate to ask your friends and family for help. At least your dh will get a few weeks to bond with the new baby.

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page