what should we do in the last few days before our baby comes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm finding myself just sitting here, watching the clock, watching TV, just wasting time. This is precious time!

What are some things you're doing to rest/relax/.... before your baby comes?

I slept in today. I'm thinking of taking another nap later. I'm considering going for a walk but I might just rest. I have a few errands I should probably do but don't want to do. The house is pretty clean so I wont do much there except for normal things, will probably vacuum and clean the bathrooms now that I think of it.

What are you guys doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 PM

My advice? Enjoy every moment of it! :-)

I know waiting on the baby, especially the first baby, can be excruciating these last few days, but your life changes so very much once the baby is here. I always tell my friends waiting on their first baby to arrive that they should go out to the movies, have dinner somewhere fun, read a novel. I rarely do any of those things any more and miss them greatly!!!

As for what I'm doing right now....praying the baby stays in for another two weeks--at least until the due date! I started having some mild cramping this morning and I almost freaked out because I have so much do: at least 5 work projects to complete, my 2 year old's birthday party to plan, and lots of house cleaning to accomplish before I'm ready for the baby. Plus, I'd love to get in at least one good night's sleep so I have the energy to get this precious one out!

Your sweet baby will be in your arms soon and it will be wonderful, : but I hope you can just enjoy the relaxation and sleep and YOU-time until then!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM

Before the first baby? I need to hire a sitter to do this list...

Go on date with Hubby. Probably dinner and a movie.

Enjoy my last evenings out without child - to a live music place or something not possible with toddler, or two, in tow.

Write a letter to baby for their 18th birthday?

Visit with my childless girlfriends as I saw them a lot less after kids.

Really though, only number one and two are of major interest to me now.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM

sewing and knitting like mad and enjoying fun crafts and science experiments with my big kids (5 and 7) well it's still easier
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

I know what I'm going to do!!

I'm going to go to a chick flick movie all. by. myself! I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner! I love my alone time and I've never been to a movie alone, so I think i will enjoy this * last* alone time!!

Bring on the chick flickness and candy!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 PM

I bought a cross-stitch project today to get my mind off all the waiting.

Wife, Mother and Doula.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 AM

I've been taking walks in nature, writing letters to the baby, doing birth art projects, and tomorrow I start an orgasmic birth film/art project with a visionary artist.

Of course I still have just about everything to do...we haven't even officially moved in, still living out of one bedroom with most stuff in boxes. So my days also are filled with delegating tasks to speed things along. I feel like this baby is going to come and have nothing to wear! Its a good thing that moms' body tempuratures help keep them warm. So as soon as the final remodeling is done I will go into nest big time...oh, it's so frustrating.:
Old 02-25-2009, 12:34 AM

Sleep. Honestly, if I had my druthers, I wouldn't waste it doing anything else but catching up on sleep. Can't exactly do that with other lil ones around, but thank goodness my 14 yo watched them yesterday so I could take a nap. I thought my heart would stop beating I was so exhausted.

Other options? If the house is clean, remodeled, rearranged to my liking (and yep, I've almost got the tile in the bathroom finished), then I'd move on to mani/pedi, short and easy haircut, massage....

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

Old 02-25-2009, 03:55 AM

I *wish* I had this problem. What will I be doing? Work, work, work, and when I'm not at work... cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. : Even if go past my due date.... work, work, work. There's no way out of it without getting fired.

I don't have enough time to take naps, except on weekends, and even then I have other stuff I *need* to be doing.

-
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I *wish* I had this problem. What will I be doing? Work, work, work, and when I'm not at work... cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. : Even if go past my due date.... work, work, work. There's no way out of it without getting fired.

I don't have enough time to take naps, except on weekends, and even then I have other stuff I *need* to be doing.
awww, I'm so sorry!!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM

I am sorry Luna! A few of my pregnancies have been like that too. While I have a lot of stress right now, I am not working and have plenty of time on my hands to rest for the first time ever! I am trying not to take it for granted because I know this will be changing very soon.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 PM

I'm with filiadeluna. Working like crazy to finish up before I go on leave. Trying to squeeze in dr's appts and getting our house ready for a open house this weekend. I need to sleep and relax but its just not an option.

Mom to Kira March 2009

User Tag List