bad bad signs for me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
First, I have not been sleeping much at all any night over the past two to three weeks now. For a combination of reasons that seem to change all the time anyway...I fix one thing and something else keeps me up.

Anyway, I started getting worried last night when I realized that I had a very pinchy feeling in the cervix when I walked. So, I drank, ate, and laid down. Had BH contx all night, almost constantly and didn't sleep a wink. Drank 32 oz through the night while battling the acid reflux, a now suddenly sore throat, and a seriously irritable uterus.

So, obviously no sleep equals me an emotional wreck by morning hours, as my ds is waking up cranky and my dh needs to go to work, I'm wondering how I am going to make it and what the heck is going on with my body. I am already nervous about making it to homebirth go time - 36 weeks - due to ds being born at that exact gest. and only 4 lbs. 13 oz.

So, here I am now today...dh had to stay home, I was so unable to care for myself let alone ds too. Which sucks b/c if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid, and since he is technically unemployed and working a temp job, its so not good for us to have him not get paid.

I am still contracting WAY too often for my liking and have had a few minorly painful ones that kinda freeked me out. I AM ONLY 35 WEEKS, and a week to go to feel a bit safer...AND, then to boot, I started with diarrhea and back pain, which is what happened the week before ds came along, too.

I feel better after talking with the mw b/c she calmed me down and made me realize that all I can do is really try to rest, ask some friends for help with ds in the coming days, drink tons of water and some recharge, rescue remedy for the stress, and wine to calm this uterus down, too.

BUT, I AM REALLY SCARED for the first time, thinking of all these what ifs. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL to birth this baby. I DO NOT.

So, here's another post asking for major stay in baby vibes and any positive thoughts to help me out mentally...

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM

I hope the baby decides to stay in! :
Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs and good wishes for you.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:51 PM

s to you mama! Try to rest as much as possible. The house will keep! Just lay on the couch as much as you can & keep snacks near you~ Watch TV if that will help keep Tatum happy I would call friends to come keep you company while you rest S playdate if you will but one that you lay on the couch for

Hope this next week goes by quickly & that you get your HB

Melissa
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM

::
Here's to the baby staying in a little longer!!

Sending positive thoughts and well wishes your way!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:14 AM

Just not sleeping right for that long could make you feel terrible - I do hope this has nothing to do with labor. Try to rest, take care of yourself, and trust your body and yourself.
I am glad that your dh stayed home- you need a break sometimes!
:::: stay in baby vibes!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:17 AM

Hoping things work out for your HB and that everyone is doing well!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:34 AM

Stay in baby! : : :

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 02-25-2009, 05:02 AM

Sounds like your midwife gave really good advice. Definitely enlist your friends' help and rest as much as you can this week. Only one more week and then you won't have to worry! Stay in there baby!!!

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM

I hope the baby stays put and you are able to get some rest.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM

Stay where you are baby, and let mom get some rest.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM

I was in your boat at 34 weeks and took a few days off of work to lay on the couch, drink a LOT Of water and gatorade, drink white wine (red can be irritable for the uterus), and take a strong epsom salt bath every night. It stopped my PT labor and now I'm 38 weeks and no sign of baby!

good luck.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Oh boy, I am so glad to say that I got some sleep last night and the Contx have totally slowed. Still having these sharp jabs of pain and pressure in the cervical area though, so I'm not sure what that's about...maybe baby dropped lower? But anyway, thanks for the well wishes...I am feeling much more optimistic about making it till at least next Tues at 36 weeks.

I never heard about the red wine doing that...that was what I drank. I'll try white maybe next time...but for now, I am sticking to what worked last night which was
- coffea cruda
- rescue remedy
- reading some of a book (Animal, Vegetable, Miracle) to wind down in bed
- drinking a protein shake

The darn wine had been just adding to my acid reflux through the night, so I said forget that one.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 PM

It sounds like you are more optimistic today and feeling better. Just keep on taking it easy! I have been having so much PTL stuff for weeks now that I have resigned myself to not pay attention to it anymore and just really take good care of myself.

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora

User Tag List