Is anyone up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I doubt it because its the middle of the night.

I can't figure out if something is happening or if it's just my mind messing with me and I'm making this all up.

I feel crampy ( nothing really new) but they hurt a little more than last few nights. They come and go every few minutes. Feels just like period cramps.

I thought I felt a weird sensation when I was laying in bed earlier, but honestly, I don't know if this is real or if I am making this up. I am probably going to feel ridiculous, because most likely this isn't labor or the start of it, I just wish I knew.

Never been here before so I'm not sure what to expect and that's a scary thing! No show or anything like that, although a little more discharge than normal.

I can't really sleep because my mind is messing with me. ( Or is it?!)
#2 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

hmm well, what I thought was a little discharge ( I'm wearing a thin pad) appears to be a little more than I thought it was!
#3 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 07:12 AM

I'm right there with you! I've been getting contractions that feel like period cramps since 3am and it's now 10am. They are a bit more painful now and I've also been losing my mucous plug since 3am. It just feels like this early labour part is going to go on forever!
I hope things are progressing well with you and good luck!
#4 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

oh hey!! :Someone else is up, yay!

So hubby and I are just laughing because I'm got up from bed again and some stuff leaked out on my underwear.. and I don't know what it is! Water? Discharge? Mucus? So I cam out in the living room because I don't want to keep him up and he says, " go bounce on your ball or something."

Goodness sake, what IS going on?
#5 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 AM

It is all very confusing isn't it! I've been steadily losing mucous plug all morning, but there is no sign of my waters breaking. I have to say it's getting a bit tedious waiting like this. I've been having contractions for over 7 hours now and they still don't seem much worse than bad period cramps.

How are things going with you, much more in the way of contractions?
#6 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 AM

I'm up... thats because its 11am here

im having gas pains and gas,.... i was hoping it was the start of contractions but doesnt look like it

my boobs are eeeevil.................eeevil i tells ya....
#7 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 AM

Hehe, I'm up too but it's only because I have a toddler who insists on getting out of bed at 5am...

As for you two, could be the start of something or it could still be pre-labor...

I'm actually having a bit of pre-labour too these last few days: tightening of the uterus with lower back pain like a period cramp that comes a bunch of times in a row over a couple hours.

It's pretty exciting because I had no pre-labour with my other two kids. With them, I wasn't dilated at all until my labour was fairly advanced and my waters didn't break until they were ready to be born (seriously, like waters break and baby comes out in two contractions). I think the intact bag of waters sorts of cushions the pain as my labours hardly felt more painful than really bad period cramps.

The other two were respectively 14 and 10 days overdue so I'm thinking I probably won't have a baby until April... (due on the 21st) but hey, one can hope!

Sorry for the ramblings, it's really early and I'm not quite done my coffee yet.
#8 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:22 AM

My contractions are about every two minutes which I thought was awfully frequent so early on. So that's why I'm confused.
#9 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Its been a couple hours- the cramps or contractions or whatever they are, are about 10 minutes apart or so and about 20 seconds each.

i am trying to sleep but its hard to keep my legs still. Not sure if Is hould do something to try and get this progressing faster or just hang out.
#10 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettlesoup View Post
My contractions are about every two minutes which I thought was awfully frequent so early on. So that's why I'm confused.
That is pretty close together.....
#11 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmama22 View Post
That is pretty close together.....
I would maybe phone the midwife if it wasn't for the fact that although close, they are relatively mild. When I can no longer talk through a contraction I'll phone her.
#12 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 09:00 AM

I'm in early labor too... I went to bed but I just woke up because two of my kids started vomiting everywhere. My dh cleaned it up thank goodness. This is totally bad timing because if my early labor doesnt turn into full labor by the end of tomorrow. I'm being induced for my high risk stuff which is a good thing but if I get sick too that will suck! Then I have to worry about MIL,dh's gran, and dh getting it too. I'm also gonna be here with sick kids half of the day in early labor while dh goes to work *sigh* .

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#13 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM

Wow - you all had an exciting night! Any updates?

Mama to 4.5
#14 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterofkyle View Post
Wow - you all had an exciting night! Any updates?
If only! I feel like I'm going to be at this stage for the rest of the year. No progress or anything. The midwife is coming over in an hour and a half so I'll see what she has to say.

How's everyone else doing?
#15 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 AM

I'm up, but going back to bed now. Just going to post a thread. Good luck ladies!!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#16 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I'm up after an hour of sleeping and now I feel NOTHING! What happened?
#17 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Could be a bit of prodromal.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#18 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Im going to go for a walk and see what that does..
#19 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiemommaof4 View Post
I'm in early labor too... I went to bed but I just woke up because two of my kids started vomiting everywhere. My dh cleaned it up thank goodness. This is totally bad timing because if my early labor doesnt turn into full labor by the end of tomorrow. I'm being induced for my high risk stuff which is a good thing but if I get sick too that will suck! Then I have to worry about MIL,dh's gran, and dh getting it too. I'm also gonna be here with sick kids half of the day in early labor while dh goes to work *sigh* .
Oh I am sorry! I had my 2 year old up the night before last night with the same thing and I was having contractions until she got really sick then everything just stopped! Today is my official due date and nothing...I think I am going to go an a serious hike up the side of a steep mountain and see what happens...I can not take any more of this sloooowwwww labor! Not to mention I am trying to V-back and looking at having to do battle if I go too far over my due date.
#20 of 20 Old 03-02-2009, 12:44 PM

Y'all get as much rest as you can! If it is something you may need whatever energy you can spare

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page