who's scared? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its a strange feeling, i am really excited about meeting my baby and absolutely terrified of the birth, but looking forward to it as well!!

anyone know what i mean? lol

my boobs are eeeevil.................eeevil i tells ya....
#2 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Its a strange feeling, i am really excited about meeting my baby and absolutely terrified of the birth, but looking forward to it as well!!

yes...I have felt that way before. I'm not feeling terrified of birth this time like strangely.... I have in the past though and I have a crapload to worry about this time as well since I'm so high risk this time but I trust most of the people who are in charge will take care of me. Its going to be ok though :

Jess mom to 5!!! 3 boys 2 girls and another girl on the way edd jan 31st! I have a Disabled veteran husband
breastfeeding,cosleeping, non vax,no circ,and nature loving family!

#3 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:22 AM

i understand totally about 2 weeks ago i was absolutely terrified of giving birth, but fortunately that seems to have passed and i fel more calm about it now. but for a while i was really panicing.

when are you due?
#4 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

im due on the 9th

my boobs are eeeevil.................eeevil i tells ya....
#5 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM

Well, I wasn't until about 20 minutes ago. Was really hoping for something different this time.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#6 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM

I'm the opposite. I'm not scared about birth (probably should be!) but I'm *terrified* of caring for a baby now!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#7 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post

Yep, I'm right here, I actually blogged about it last week. I'm scared of labor and birth, but I'm really excited about meeting bean, but also really looking forward to it.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#8 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomerJen View Post
I'm the opposite. I'm not scared about birth (probably should be!) but I'm *terrified* of caring for a baby now!
I am right there with you. Not scared at all about giving birth, I think it will be an awesome experience. But being a first time mom, I have no idea what to do with a newborn. And both my partner and I are nervous about what it means to our relationship and our lives...but I have no doubt that in the midst of the fear will be so much love we can't even fathom it.
#9 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM

I know how you feel! I'm just trying to stay un-freaked out about the L&D. Oddly, even as 1st timers with nearly zero baby experience, neither DH nor I have any apprehension whatsoever about caring for a newborn...
#10 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 PM

Not scared of giving birth this time around.. more freaked out about caring for my 2.5 yr old DD and a newborn.. + breastfeeding without a nipple shield this time around.. LOL...
#11 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM

Even with #6 there was apprehension about the L & D. Each labor is different & this was the first time I had no Doula~ I was worried on a few levels Plus I will admit that each time I get a wee bit freaked about the actual crowning It is the worst part of labor for me This time was by far the easiest labor I had though~ No Pit no intervention not long in the hospital(prior to delivery) a dream come true for me

Melissa
#12 of 14 Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM

I find pregnancy to be way worse then giving birth! LOL I agree with SeekingMyZen I am terrified of the first month of taking care of my DD and a newborn.
#13 of 14 Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM

Last night I watched the "orgasmic birth" video and it totally got me feeling scared & worried. I hate that watching that video did that to me. All day long, I have been trying to visualize a smooth birthing experience. My last one was really tough. I did it, she was born at home, all was well, but when I was watching the video, i felt like "OMG, I really have to do taht again don't i?"...and it started to freak me out.

I'm feeling better today - but still, it's hard. It's so unknown. My mantra is "enjoy the moment"...let's hope I can do that
#14 of 14 Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 AM

Yep, I feel that way and this is my 4th time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page