All of a sudden, everybody's noticing that I'm "getting close" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-02-2009, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never got such comments before, and now in the past week, I've gotten about 30 comments about how I must be getting close, and they're really surprised when I say that I think it will be about a month more (due Mar 24, but I think it may be April). It's not like I'm bigger than normal either. I'm actually measuring a cm or 2 behind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-03-2009, 12:55 AM

LOL...same thing is happening to me! I'm just now 37 weeks and I'm feeling more ready so perhaps that is why people are noticing. but, it's pretty funny!
#3 of 4 Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 AM

I think it's more than the size of the belly that people notice when we're really close. I think they pick up on our actions, the "done" looks on our faces, maybe some extra swelling, and the way we walk. So, it may not be that your belly looks bigger, but that you really look "done"!
#4 of 4 Old 03-03-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

Haha! Maybe, but I don't feel ready yet. My house is still a mess (and I'm planning a home birth), I'm still working, I don't have everything I need here yet, and my baby decided to do more flips this past week (got caught with the head by my left ribs by the midwife, so now I get to do the slant board technique 3 times a day for 10 minutes until my next appointment). I've had some contractions, but I don't feel like this baby is coming any time too soon. I'm trying to tell myself that it could be Easter by the time the baby comes just so that I can mentally handle being pregnant as long as I need to be. I have switched to telling my husband that the baby could come in a week, though, just so that we can get things done. There's a lot to do to prepare for a first baby and no time to do it when you're working up until you have the baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page