Anyone else with a due date coming up soon getting "antsy"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I'm just wondering how many of you are due now or very soon who are walking around all day thinking " I wonder if this will be it??" LOL. I wish I didn't think about when birth will happen so much!!!

I'm due on Sunday, March 8th. My three other children have been born 8 - 5 days before the due date. (1st one 5 days before, 2nd 6 days before, and 3rd was 8 days before). Now that I'm in my typical range, I wake up every morning like, I made it through the night!!! My labors always start at night...
I have a 5:00 am baby, a 7:00 am baby, and a midnight baby. I'm constantly thinking this may be my last day to rest, do this, etc. I can't figure out if I should be trying to rest, or to do last minute things, or just spend quality time with my kids before the newborn comes. I'm trying to do it all and feel like I'm not really doing it... well at least not really resting!

So please post and let me know I'm not the only insane one in the group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 AM

My due date is today. My previous babes have been born at 42 weeks and 40w 4 days- so I didn't really expect to see a baby before now- but I have to admit I did have my hopes up that the baby would be born last Thursday on my birthday.

I'm feeling very antsy and very nervous. I don't really feel any BH or other contractions until after my waters release or are broken. In one case, I felt nothing and was induced at 42 weeks (not an experience I would like to repeat), and in the other I went into labor and the baby was born in under 2 hours. Such very different experiences, and I am starting to worry about the former becoming more of a reality. Plus the baby was low and in position to be born until about two weeks ago, when it floated right back and and flipped over and has remained there. That isn't helping at all.

Everyday I come here and someone else's baby is here. Oh, I am so happy for them, but so ready for my turn.
#3 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Yep, my due date is in 6 days. My twins were born at 36w6d so I am now 2 weeks and 2 days more pregnant than I ever was with them and I am definitely getting antsy!!! I figured I'd probably go to my due date since I carried twins full term (and was induced at that point!)

I've been having contractions every 5 minutes for days now but they never turn into anything, I'm only 1 cm. dilated as of yesterday. I have a feeling when I do go into labor it's going to come on strong and fast!
#4 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM

I still have 10 days until my due date and I'm already antsy! Ds1 was way premature, so I have no way to know how long this baby will cook. And that fact is driving me bonkers!

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#5 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
kdf

I am so antsy. I have been having contractions almost every day for over a week but as soon as I rest or go to sleep they go away. Last Monday I was 2-3 cms. Baby is low but not on my cervix. I have a MW appt this morning I might get her to check me to see if these contractions are doing something. I am really starting to get annoyed. Every night I go to bed thinking this is it and then morning comes. I have been sleeping good which I guess is a good thing. I am due today and I was 1 day late with my ds and 3 days with my dd. But I don't want to have the baby tomorrow b/c that is my dd's birthday. However part of me right now doesn't really care and I just want to meet this little one.

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

#6 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 AM

UGH, yes.
These last few weeks are always so very hard. I MUST keep my mind occupied and stay busy. My first 3 were late and my last one was born right on his due date so who knows with this one?

I can totally relate mamma. You are not alone!
#7 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf View Post
I am so antsy. I have been having contractions almost every day for over a week but as soon as I rest or go to sleep they go away. Last Monday I was 2-3 cms. Baby is low but not on my cervix. I have a MW appt this morning I might get her to check me to see if these contractions are doing something. I am really starting to get annoyed. Every night I go to bed thinking this is it and then morning comes. I have been sleeping good which I guess is a good thing. I am due today and I was 1 day late with my ds and 3 days with my dd. But I don't want to have the baby tomorrow b/c that is my dd's birthday. However part of me right now doesn't really care and I just want to meet this little one.
KDF - the contraction pattern sounds exactly like mine! I keep thinking it will go into labor after the contractions and then. I lie down and.. "poof".... nothing! It's so disappointing!!! I wake up every day thinking, is today the day??? I wish I could stop thinking about it!!!

I did have a lot of activity on Sunday while cleaning and figured out that night that my posterior baby is no longer posterior! I'm much more comfortable now without any back pain which is a relief!

I'm glad I'm to see I'm not the only one feeling this way!
#8 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My due date was last Friday, so yeah I'm pretty ansy!

At my appointment yesterday, I was just a hair away from 4cm dilated, much more thinned out than last week, and the baby is pressing against my cervix very nicely. It's all systems go at this point.
#9 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post

At my appointment yesterday, I was just a hair away from 4cm dilated, much more thinned out than last week, and the baby is pressing against my cervix very nicely. It's all systems go at this point.
Oooohhh Lemongrass! I feel for you!!!! I'm not past due and I'm feeling like this... I can't imagine what it feels like to be past due. I've never gone past my date before, but, who knows, there is always a first time. I'm sending you labor vibes!!! Come on out baby and see mama and the world!!!!
#10 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm due March 14/15... and though I am okay with being pregnant for a few more weeks, it's also kind of all I can think about! - "If I go into labor tonight, I'll have to x" and every tiny contraction I can't help but think, "This could be it! Any contraction could be the first of a string of regular ones!"

Seeing ppl on here who had due dates so close to mine already having babies makes me antsy, for sure!
#11 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&B'sMama View Post
Everyday I come here and someone else's baby is here. Oh, I am so happy for them, but so ready for my turn.
: Granted I'm not due until Thursday but I'm just getting so anxious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post

I can't imagine how impatient I'll be AFTER my due date. I'm not thinking baby will be here anytime soon though
#12 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypeach View Post
I'm due March 14/15... and though I am okay with being pregnant for a few more weeks, it's also kind of all I can think about! - "If I go into labor tonight, I'll have to x" and every tiny contraction I can't help but think, "This could be it! Any contraction could be the first of a string of regular ones!"

Seeing ppl on here who had due dates so close to mine already having babies makes me antsy, for sure!
:, though my due date is officially the 16th. It is really closer to the 8th based on various factors, such as there is no way DH and I dtd anywhere near the date that would make the 16th possible. Every contraction is "this could be it". Especially at night when I tend to get them a lot more regularly, though nothing ever seems to come from them.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#13 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 PM

I am now 9 days past my due date My DS was born 8 days late (after a 32 hr labor)...so going this far was not what I expected.....so absolutely YES...I am getting antsy!

Homeschooling catholic vegan Mama to my boysjumpers.gif Simon (7), Keegan (5), Ezra (2) and ??? due November
#14 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 01:31 PM

i'm two days past; by this point i already had dd. i am more than frustrated; i know that baby will come when baby is ready but i don't know how much longer i can take this.
while i'm very excited for those that have already had their babies, it's hard to see all these posts of new ones knowing that mine doesn't look like it's ever planning on coming.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#15 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM

ANTSY x 100 right over here! My mother calling almost every night to make sure we didn't have the baby and just forget to notify her isn't helping much, either, lol!

I have no idea how I'll handle things if I go over my due date.
#16 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM

I'm due Saturday, but I'm not really antsy because I've never had a baby earlier than eight days over. In fact, even though I know I'm term, every time I have a contraction or feel some cervical change, i worry that 'premature' labor will cause a more painful birth

I'm fully expecting to have a baby NEXT sunday, the 15th. I am dilated to a two, but I'm usually a three/four the last month of pregnancy, so I'm not sure what that means :LOL I can handle two more weeks, four more might drive me nuts.

Nine kids run.gif and four angel.gif, living and learning all the time

#17 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM

Will I be ousted to post here, as ds2 has already arrived?

I just had to say that this is exactly how I felt the last week I was pregnant with this one! And he was 12 days early. Even though I felt like this, I was in total denial that I was in labor until contractions had been 5 min apart for 2 hours

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#18 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM

I basically feel like hitting myself with a hammer! I'm due on the 8th and charted so my date is solid. I'm Vbacing so not a candidate for induction and getting very nervous about facing a c-section again. My ds was born at 29 weeks so this is totally new to me and I have no idea how to handle it! I have to admit the waiting is getting me down, I feel like I'm doing something wrong! There feels like a lot of pressure and expectation which is not helping.

Yuck, I just want my bean to come out but he seems in no rush!
#19 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm definitely getting antsy. My original EDD was today, so I feel like I should have given birth already. Neither of my other DD's went over. BUT, I adjusted my EDD to the 15th based on movements, fundal height, etc. My EDD was very confusing. No one knew for sure when it was.

Either way though... definitely antsy. I just want to not be pregnant anymore. I'm SO done.
#20 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 PM

I have ants in my pants for sure. I have been trying to focus on this being the last few weeks were I can give 100% of my attention to my DD. But she also has ants in her pants about meeting her little brother!
#21 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galincognito View Post
i'm two days past; by this point i already had dd. i am more than frustrated; i know that baby will come when baby is ready but i don't know how much longer i can take this.
while i'm very excited for those that have already had their babies, it's hard to see all these posts of new ones knowing that mine doesn't look like it's ever planning on coming.

This is my exact situation down to the due date (the 1st) and previous birth (dd was 2 days before EDD)

Doesn't seem as if this baby has any foreseeable plans to be moving out any time soon.. 1.5 cm dilated.. hasn't dropped.. and maybe 1 uncomfortable contraction a day.. :

I'm happy for all you mammas who have had your little ones already.. but gosh darn it. WHEN IS MY TURN.. LOL. I'm done with this rib pain, back pain, swollen feet, awful hip pain, no sleep.. at least the labor I know won't go on and on and on and on.. I'm so ready to give birth already. LOL.

Ok.. I'm going back into the kitchen to make more food.. sick of watching that clock.. tick tick.
#22 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 07:05 PM

me too. I am so ready. I was induced with ds at 37 weeks so, I have no idea how long I would have went before he came. This is driving me crazy.
#23 of 24 Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM

I'm right there too!! I'm not due until March 8th, but one of my sons was 2 weeks early - the other almost 2 weeks "late" so who knows when this guys will show up?? I haven't told anyone my due date, just "March." When they ask me to be more specific I say - "When March is over you can start asking me about when he'll be born!" With DS#2 people were bugging the h**l out of me up until the end. And he wasn't even 42 weeks!!

See - I'm having a contraction right now - but I know that it means nothing. On and off, on and off. Last night I just KNEW that I was going into labor...I mean I just knew! Woke up still pregnant. Well - he can't stay in there forever. At least I feel good and have two little boys to keep me busy. There's always laundry to do!

Happy deliveries to all!!
#24 of 24 Old 03-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Today is my EDD....."Antsy" might be the wrong word, I'm leaning more towards "frusterated". I'd just too d^&* uncomfortable to put up with being pregnant for too much longer, but several more weeks of waiting wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page