Funny questions from younger children? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So yesterday as we went shopping and did errands, people kept asking me when I'm due. My 7 yr old, Maya asks me, "Mommy, how does everyone know you are having a baby?"

Have any of you had funny questions from your kids? I thought it would be fun to share while we are trying to pass time waiting for our babies to get here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 09:38 PM

(3 year old)
"Can I feed the baby?" as he's shoving an m&m in my belly button . . .
I was actually surprised he could still get the candy in there ...
#3 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM
JMJ

This is my first baby, but I work at a daycare, so I get a bunch of funny questions and comments. Here are some of my favorites.

Me: Did you know that there's a baby in my tummy?
Child: Can I see?

From a child whose mother is about a week ahead of me: (holding hand just in front of my belly) Did you know that my mom's tummy is this big? (asks me this question every time he sees me)

At about 30 weeks: I think your baby is kinda fat. (If that came from anybody but a 4 year old, I'd be offended.)

Child: When your baby is born, will he come to (name of daycare)?
Me: No, my baby is going to stay home with me.
Child: Well, she could go in the baby room.

Ah, I am going to miss these kids.
#4 of 7 Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 PM

From my 4 y/o, "Mommy can we cut your belly open to see if the baby is a boy or a girl?"

I did explain there was an easier way to find out, but that Mommy and Daddy wanted to be surprised.
#5 of 7 Old 03-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When my mw were on their way to do our home visit on Friday, and I was telling ds, he (2 1/2) asked, "Mom, you're having the baby now?" (as he's munching on a granola bar). I said, "no, hunny they are just coming to check mommy out and look around the house to make sure everything's going to be ready for when mommy has the baby." Then when they arrived, he says to one of them, "Mommy's all ready to have the baby. go ahead." Then we were laughing a little, I don't know what he expected her to do at that point! He turns to me and says, "go ahead, mom. Kate's here."

So funny. And so him.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#6 of 7 Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 AM

Sunday at church a little boy (about 6) marched right up to me and said- so, do you have a baby in there? I said- yes. He paused for a moment and said- that's cool!

Yesterday we took a walk and the kids rode bikes and afterwards I was sitting with my feet up and the kids were talking to the baby saying- you don't have to wait anymore, time to come out. Then my DS said- well maybe not right NOW because I'm hungry for dinner.
#7 of 7 Old 03-05-2009, 06:24 PM

My 3 year old (who just quit nursing this past summer when I got pregnant), was watching a baby nurse a few weeks ago. (a new born) Later that night we were getting ready for bed.

DS: Mommy, when the baby comes out of your belly, can the baby have one nipple and I have the other nipple? Pleaaaaaaase?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page