i'm about to go into hiding! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2009, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am so sick of the calls, emails, and IM's from family and friends asking me "how things are going" as if i just ran off and had a baby and forgot to call them all?

you'd think, especially, that women who have been through a full term pregnancy would know better! i am not even due for 6 more days! don't they realize that it's ME ME ME ME ME who is the most inconvenienced by pregnancy? i'm the one who has swollen ankles and face, can't even drink water without getting heartburn/acid reflux, gets up to pee 6 times a night, feels like her pelvis is going to snap in half with every step she takes and has been having "fake" contractions every 5 minutes most nights for the past 2 weeks!!!!!! i am WELL AWARE that i am STILL PREGNANT.

GAH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM

I'm right there with you! I would like to just say I will call you when I know I am in labor so that you have enough time to get there.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

Old 03-04-2009, 12:34 AM

ugh, me too. i told dh that i'm not answering the phone anymore so if he needs to get a hold of me, too bad. even from my mother; she'll call and ask if i've had the baby yet. um, you'll know because you'll be here watching dd while i go to the hospital! geez woman!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 AM

i hear ya. I told my mom a few days ago that next time I am pregnant, once I hit 8 months, I am having all of my calls forwarded to her. It is so frustrating. Hello we will call someone...... maybe.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 AM

Being that this is my first, I'm really surprised at exactly WHO starts to become like this! My sister is one of the most level-headed people I know and she's been texting me daily, asking why the baby's not here yet. My own mother, who has given birth before (albeit almost 30 years ago) is telling me that she cleared her calendar this week in anticipation of the birth and it'd be a HUGE inconvenience on her if I don't give birth until next week, because she's booked so many appointments. Christ, I'm not even due until next Monday!

Wife to Phil, Mom to Saoirse (3/09), and Niamh (1/12)  waterbirth.jpg.crochetsmilie.gif

Old 03-04-2009, 11:07 AM

I"m with you. Yesterday I was helping DD put together her display for the homeschool co-op science fair next week and my office called to check to see if the baby was here yet. (Yesterday was my EDD) I didn't have the heart to even answer it- thank goodness for caller ID!

The other reason I want to go into hiding is the stories... I am a magnet for stories by everyone including strangers- but the worst is from people that I kind of know but not very closely- like neighbors, other homeschool parents, people at church. The only story I want to hear is how someone had a beautiful birth worth waiting for.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:16 PM

I am right there with you! My due date is the 12th, and if I had a nickel for every time somebody in the past couple of weeks said, "aren't you about done?" ............
My mother, who is normally laid back, is going beserk. Calling "just because." Total strangers are touching my belly. If I'm 5 minutes late somewhere people say, "Whew - thought you might be having the baby." And then there is, "so what are you having?" I actually snapped at somebody at the Y who asked me that - I said, "well it's not gerbils!" I felt bad and apologized the next time I saw her.

User Tag List